Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Actually Russos have experience w/ ensemble casts w/ Arrested Development & Community. The Community paintball 2-parter is what got Feige interested in them in the first place.

Dude completely dismissed Whedon's TV career despite it directly leading to these directing gigs.

If he gives the Russos credit off a "Community" paint ball episode I'm gonna :mjlol:

Anyway, that's cool but it doesn't make me feel any better about them. A 30 minute sitcom vs a 2+ hour movie involving 10+ superheroes and a cosmic being is an entirely different beast.

Fred.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
3ad518c4bbe11e03bf1b7d19c05cddb7.gif
I'm gon end up having to see this at least three times in theaters

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
hype levels still on 10 but after watchin the trailer again i kinda realized something...

is anyone kinda worried that this movie is gonna have the same exact beats as the first one :ld:

- character starts out as an enemy but ends up as a friend (hawkeye / quicksilver and scarlett witch)

- avengers having conflict within

- final battle consisting of the avengers taking on an army of disposable, generic, easily defeatable aliens/robots

:lupe:

respect

i hear you (and I hope I am not insulting you if your a comic book head and this is redundant)

honestly those themes you point out are kinda how the books have gone. All of these super heroes at some point have had to throw down with one another cuz I guess that can make the stories more interesting than just punching villains in the face all the time.

and more specifically this goes in line with Quicksilver & Scarlett Witch's origin.

as far as the villain - Whedon mentioned recently in an interview that he de-powered Ultron a bit. His explanation made sense to me so i'm willing to see how it pans out onscreen.

:salute:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Damn Cap got WASHED
That punch makes me wonder if Marvel is gonna troll DC by having Quicksilver deliver the Infinite Mass Punch on film before DC/Warner gets the chance to.
More sinister line, that or Sephiroth's:

"I've thought of a wonderful present for you... Shall I give you despair?"
I gotta go with Ultron, just because of the way he delivered it.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Looks like a whole lot of collateral damage in some of those scenes, brehs:mjpls:A lot of taxpayer money out the window, brehs:mjpls:Who knows how many civilian lives lost:mjpls:

So much damage they had to bring peter parker out of retirement......... :wow:

Seriously how are they gonna explain Spider-Man not being there until now?? Especially since we know there not doing another origin film and spiderman already exists in this universe? :lupe:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
That punch makes me wonder if Marvel is gonna troll DC by faving Quicksilver deliver the Infinite Mass Punch on film before DC/Warner gets the chance to.

Was just watching the fight again, how about

"Tell me what you cherish most... Allow me the pleasure of taking it away." :banderas:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
That punch makes me wonder if Marvel is gonna troll DC by faving Quicksilver deliver the Infinite Mass Punch on film before DC/Warner gets the chance to.

But nah, they cant do the IMP. Every theater in America would explode

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
So much damage they had to bring peter parker out of retirement......... :wow:

Seriously how are they gonna explain Spider-Man not being there until now?? Especially since we know there not doing another origin film and spiderman already exists in this universe? :lupe:
Well Spider-Man is supposed to be in high school, so I guess he was probably too young to address until now. Maybe Spidey was only handling minor criminals up until Civil War. Fury has repeatedly told Tony that there were other people like him in the 1st 2 Iron-Man movies, so that statement is vague enough to say that S.H.I.E.L.D. has always known Spidey was out there.