Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've been thinking about the Death angle too. Just how big are these guys thinking of going with the MCU as far as scale goes? Are they going to go as far as personifying abstract concepts? How much are they going to flesh out their cosmic world? They could just mention death without showing her, obviously.

Prior to "Guardians Of The Galaxy" I would've said no, but that movie introduced the Celestials so I'd say the sky is the limit in terms of who/what they'll introduce now.

I know "Infinity War" is a good 3 years away but they need to start taking steps towards making Thanos a concrete threat. Dude is such a nonfactor there's a Twitter parody account:

Fred.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
lol what?....superman and batman are more than enough to compete with anything from marvel...but i'm not gonna go there in this thread, i'm just gonna watch the new trailer a couple more times and count down the days till i can see the movie...

I love DC.... but seriously?????

latest

There's no way Justice League will top this shyt.... :yeshrug: this is the singularity.... and it is upon us...:blessed:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:wow:

Feige and Whedon. Shut the fukk up and take my money.

How long before someone makes a Vision version of :mjcry: ?

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I think Stark's guilt over creating Ultron will cause him to take the "with great power comes great responsibility" mantra way too overboard, leading to the Registration Act. They were fukking up the city in the first Avengers and nobody cared. Heroes creating a threat to humanity and especially heroes turning on other heroes will open up people's eyes. It was one thing when it was us vs them(intergalactic alien army).

I've been thinking about the Death angle too. Just how big are these guys thinking of going with the MCU as far as scale goes? Are they going to go as far as personifying abstract concepts? How much are they going to flesh out their cosmic world? They could just mention death without showing her, obviously.

The good Doctor might have some answers for you in the near future :sas1:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whether or not you care about what TV shows he wrote 20 years ago is irrelevant because Marvel cares. It's why he was given the job. You could've said "I don't care" for the entirety of his career, it wouldn't change one thing.

As far as the Russos, Whedon has a 20+ year track record with ensemble casts, they do not. They have zero experience with that, which is probably why they weren't the first choice. All of this makes me leery of them, despite how much I liked "The Winter Soldier".

Actually Russos have experience w/ ensemble casts w/ Arrested Development & Community. The Community paintball 2-parter is what got Feige interested in them in the first place.

As far as Thanos I'm curious if/when they'll introduce Death.

I think Death will be introduced eventually b/c the whole tag on the first Avengers was Thanos being told to go against them is "...to court Death" & he starts cheesin...his MCU mission statement is running game at Death

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Black Widow did a lot of cool shyt in that trailer. Hawkeye... well hey man, it's ok to be the 6th man sometimes

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
hype levels still on 10 but after watchin the trailer again i kinda realized something...

is anyone kinda worried that this movie is gonna have the same exact beats as the first one :ld:

- character starts out as an enemy but ends up as a friend (hawkeye / quicksilver and scarlett witch)

- avengers having conflict within

- final battle consisting of the avengers taking on an army of disposable, generic, easily defeatable aliens/robots

:lupe:
it can hit the same beats, but still feel like a different movie. I was watching the Honest Trailer for the OT Spiderman Movies and they pointed out how those movies all hit the same beats ( villian is someone close to Peter Parker, Spidey stuggles with his powers, Villain dies because of their powers) and all three feel like different movies to me.

But i do hope that Hulk vs IM is happening for a different reason than Thor vs Hulk did though.