Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Eh, hold on a second.

Zemo is the main villain but the Registration Act in this version of "Civil War" is due to Ultron running wild. So I'm not understanding why people think Hydra is going to be responsible for it.

Also Hydra is one of the most well known villain groups in the Marvel universe. I'm :dahell: that people really think Marvel would let them disappear. Making Captain America movies without Hydra would be like making Batman movies without The Joker.

Fred.
that's exactly my thought.... like why would even believe they'd just up and disappear his main fukking villians that have been secretly behind everything in the comics and movie universes so far

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Eh, hold on a second.

Zemo is the main villain but the Registration Act in this version of "Civil War" is due to Ultron running wild. So I'm not understanding why people think Hydra is going to be responsible for it.

Also Hydra is one of the most well known villain groups in the Marvel universe. I'm :dahell: that people really think Marvel would let them disappear. Making Captain America movies without Hydra would be like making Batman movies without The Joker.

Fred.
Their is 7 batman films and joker has been in only 2. If hydra is the main enemey again thats just lazy ass writing. Because as evidenced in age of ultron in the mcu they are jobber status.

Chef

All Star
Daps
They always got the latest big budget movies on there + all the critically acclaimed films.

Like selma,whiplash,birdman,the imitation game,gone girl,it followsthey even get the movies Im glad I didnt pay for but will watch like the gunman,taken 3,exodus etc they have a lot of show the states netflix doesnt get like hannibal,homeland etc. Theirs a piff selection on there.

I need ins on this Canadian Netflix piff.:francis: I had a Google Chrome app that switched between USA and CN a while back but I think its dead now. :sadcam:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Their is 7 batman films and joker has been in only 2.

The best two, by a land slide. You could make 100 Batman movies, people will only ever wait for The Joker to pop up. They expect it.

There's Superman movies without Lex too....but sooner or later you have to have Lex.

Hydra has always traditionally been the main antagonist for Captain America. Zemo is the "main villain" but that doesn't mean much in a movie where the good guys are fighting.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The best two, by a land slide. You could make 100 Batman movies, people will only ever wait for The Joker to pop up. They expect it.

There's Superman movies without Lex too....but sooner or later you have to have Lex.

Hydra has always traditionally been the main antagonist for Captain America. Zemo is the "main villain" but that doesn't mean much in a movie where the good guys are fighting.

Fred.
Just because people expect it doesnt mean you go to the same well every time. If every batman film had the joker as the main villain it would get stale very quickly.

And many people love batman returns just as much as batman. And tons of people love batman begins and tkdr. In fact bane was by far the best part of tkdr. Michelle as cat woman is iconic. Tom hard and cillian murphy were amazing as scarecrow and bane.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just because people expect it doesnt mean you go to the same well every time. If every batman film had the joker as the main villain it would get stale very quickly.

And many people love batman returns just as much as batman. And tons of people love batman begins and tkdr. In fact bane was by far the best part of tkdr.

Word.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

And many people love batman returns just as much as batman. And tons of people love batman begins and tkdr. In fact bane was by far the best part of tkdr.

Breh there will never be a series of Batman movies without The Joker. It'll never happen. People were looking for Joker clues in the new "Batman V Superman" trailer.

Can you do other shyt, add other characters? Of course. Will people like it? Possibly. But people will always want The Joker. It doesn't matter if it's movies, or comics, or even video games.

If you disagree :manny: but it's a bit early in the MCU to complain about Hydra, any way. They've only been in two Captain America movies, three counting "Civil War". Aside from an off hand reference or a couple side characters they haven't been in most of the MCU.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Breh there will never be a series of Batman movies without The Joker. It'll never happen. People were looking for Joker clues in the new "Batman V Superman" trailer.

Can you do other shyt, add other characters? Of course. Will people like it? Possibly. But people will always want The Joker. It doesn't matter if it's movies, or comics, or even video games.

If you disagree :manny: but it's a bit early in the MCU to complain about Hydra, any way. They've only been in two Captain America movies, three counting "Civil War". Aside from an off hand reference or a couple side characters they haven't been in most of the MCU.

Fred.
Im just asking for 1 single captain america film without them popping up as the villain. I never said they shouldnt ever be in another film. But having them as the vilain every.single.time. is boring as hell.

Im not sure what youre going on about the joker for. Joker has only been present in 2 of 7 batman films. Thats less than 30 percent. Thats a huge difference than hydra being in every captain film. If joker had been in all 7 batman films you might have a point here. Hes batmans most iconic villain but he isnt used in every single story for a reason. 1 its lazy writing and 2 its over exposure.

Hydra isnt caps antagonist in every single cap story ever written. And having them as the enemy in every cap villain is just lazyness.

You want people to want more. Not shove them down your throat until youre bored to death. But then again iron man is now going on being in 6 films in what 8 years now? So its expected from disney at this point.

But the real problem is,after winter soldier they were built up as a formidable villain. But age of ultron wiped all that away in a badly cgi'd squash match to say hey,these guys arent a serious threat at all and can be wiped out whenever avengers feel like it. Theyve to put it crudely,completely clipped hydras nuts and made them a joke. They arent a viable villain anymore due to how theyve been written. Yeah they can pop back up,but then theyll just be destroyed quickly again. Whats the point in that exercise of tedium?

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Im just asking for 1 single captain america film without them popping up as the villain. I never said they shouldnt ever be in another film. But having them as the vilain every.single.time. is boring as hell.

Im not sure what youre going on about the joker for. Joker has only been present in 2 of 7 batman films. Thats less than 30 percent. Thats a huge difference than hydra being in every captain film. If joker had been in all 7 batman films you might have a point here. Hes batmans most iconic villain but he isnt used in every single story for a reason. 1 its lazy writing and 2 its over exposure.

Hydra isnt caps antagonist in every single cap story ever written. And having them as the enemy in every cap villain is just lazyness.

You want people to want more. Not shove them down your throat until youre bored to death. But then again iron man is now going on being in 6 films in what 8 years now? So its expected from disney at this point.

But the real problem is,after winter soldier they were built up as a formidable villain. But age of ultron wiped all that away in a badly cgi'd squash match to say hey,these guys arent a serious threat at all and can be wiped out whenever avengers feel like it. Theyve to put it crudely,completely clipped hydras nuts and made them a joke. They arent a viable villain anymore due to how theyve been written. Yeah they can pop back up,but then theyll just be destroyed quickly again. Whats the point in that exercise of tedium?
Is that even true though? They were the main villain in the first movie. The second it was the Winter Soldier (don't recall him saying Hail Hydra) and this one it will mainly be hero vs hero. They are in every movie but the main villain? Kinda but not really.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The difference between having the Joker always be the villain and having hydra always be the villain is that Joker is 1 guy and Hydra is an organization. Even if cap fights Hydra every movie for the next ten years we could still have a different character at the forefront of every film with a new plan, new dynamic and new goal. The entire idea of hydra, even in the comics is that if you beat the top guy another guy will take his place because it's an ideology behind the organization that they refuse to let die. The idea that a spy/terrorist group would have sleepers completely off the grid makes some sense and that show you don't watch, agents of shield, made it clear hydra was rebuilding and had deeper connections that weren't revealed in the movies but do connect to them.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Is that even true though? They were the main villain in the first movie. The second it was the Winter Soldier (don't recall him saying Hail Hydra) and this one it will mainly be hero vs hero. They are in every movie but the main villain? Kinda but not really.
did you forget about the winter soldier being controlled by robert redford.... who was a secret agent of hydra... and then taking over all the gunships and all of shield... with hydra soldiers?

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Winter soldier was merely a goon,who had his brain reprogrammed constantly. He was a tool of hydra and wouldnt be in the film if not for being used by hydra to carry out their orders.

Saying they werent the main villain in winter soldier is inaccurate. Winter soldier was basically a faceless,brainless robot doing hydras bidding. Obviously its deeper than that because its bucky but hydra was the villain.

We really dont know enough about the 3rd film but other posters in this thread just said its confirmed hydra is the villain again

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The difference between having the Joker always be the villain and having hydra always be the villain is that Joker is 1 guy and Hydra is an organization. Even if cap fights Hydra every movie for the next ten years we could still have a different character at the forefront of every film with a new plan, new dynamic and new goal. The entire idea of hydra, even in the comics is that if you beat the top guy another guy will take his place because it's an ideology behind the organization that they refuse to let die. The idea that a spy/terrorist group would have sleepers completely off the grid makes some sense and that show you don't watch, agents of shield, made it clear hydra was rebuilding and had deeper connections that weren't revealed in the movies but do connect to them.
Well, I never brought up joker in the first place so Im not going to debate about the difference because it was a silly comparison in the first place and made no sense to me.

But if the difference in hydra is evil businessman #2 and evil businessman #3 and so on, I think they can do better than that.

They need to start treating their villains with the same respect they treat the heros with. It would just be extremely boring and dissapointingly safe if civil war is just another "gotcha it was us hydra all along!" Climax like winter soldier.

And to be clear I liked that part of winter soldier. I thought it was pulled off very nicely. I didnt like them being wiped out in 5 minutes in age of ultron because its like well,i guess they werent an actual threat then. And to hear them going back to the well so soon is just sad to hear. If that is indeed what happens in civil war. Im going off what others have said in this thread if you look back I thought their was no way theyd do that.