Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Bet you didn't have a problem with how The Joker was inexplicably able pull off all of his carnage in The Dark Knight though:sas2:. You know such as getting bombs onto boats controlled by the military during a lock-down and conveniently everywhere else when the plot required it(Police Station, Hospital) . In addition to having plots that depended solely on sheer coincide. Or Batman puling out a surveillance system at the last minute out of nowhere which helps him track Joker. The entire last act of that film is "drawn out" because what was originally conceived as a two-parter was crammed into one movie which results in a tedious last hour that the movie didn't need. You can tell the movie was once meant to wrap up after The Joker's initial capture.

Batman getting his back fixed is a problem but Harvey Dent casually strolling around with a burnt face that's able to make facial movements isn't:russ:

Not a fan of The Dark Knight Rises, but the problems that people have with it are all present in The Dark Knight. It's just that one movie had an energetic performance and standout charamatic character to mask them and one did not :yeshrug:.
TDK is notoriously not criticized for its ridiculous plot and plot holes. Obviously joker being able to plant bombs in a hospital, fairies, and really anywhere he wanted. Capturing Dent right after the Joker is captured by Gordon who would have been dead as well as Dent if Batman didn't intercept the bazooka blast during the chase scene. So was Joker trying to kill Dent or capture him? He went through all the trouble to rig two warehouses with explosives just to torture and trick batman and dent.

Gordon being alive, no one knowing and his plan to capture the Joker didn't make sense. So I guess he lured batman by luring the Joker who would've lured batman to capture the joker. Maybe it makes sense. Still forced.

Obviously Dent transformation to two face was dumb and uneventful. Then having to blame is death on batman instead of the Joker just for the plots sake and is also stupid.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TDK is notoriously not criticized for its ridiculous plot and plot holes. Obviously joker being able to plant bombs in a hospital, fairies, and really anywhere he wanted. Capturing Dent right after the Joker is captured by Gordon who would have been dead as well as Dent if Batman didn't intercept the bazooka blast during the chase scene. So was Joker trying to kill Dent or capture him? He went through all the trouble to rig two warehouses with explosives just to torture and trick batman and dent.

Gordon being alive, no one knowing and his plan to capture the Joker didn't make sense. So I guess he lured batman by luring the Joker who would've lured batman to capture the joker. Maybe it makes sense. Still forced.

Obviously Dent transformation to two face was dumb and uneventful. Then having to blame is death on batman instead of the Joker just for the plots sake and is also stupid.
The plan was to catch Dent, who might have been Batman, and leave him in the warehouse. Plan B was if they got caught the crooked cop that Dent killed later would offer Dent a ride home and take him to the warehouse. The crooked female cop had already taken Rachel to the other Warehouse. When Batman showed up plan B went into effect.

Gordon faking his death served no purpose. However being on the detail moving who they thought was Batman was the best chance of finding Joker. Dent was luring the Joker out in the open hoping Batman would recognize the opportunity and catch him. It worked but the police corruption was too deep.

All these people talking about plot holes with Joker being able to pull off what he did don't realize he didn't start pulling off major stuff until the mob was backing him and that backing came with access to every one in their pocket. This is Gotham we're talking about, Ras said he had people everywhere and he had deep mob connections. That didn't go away just cause Batman put away the low level goons.

I'll give you Harvey being unrealistic but two-face is an unrealistic character and was always going to stand out as questionable in the Nolanverse.

Last edited:

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He appears to plant the idea in the viewers heads that Bain, not Talia, is Ra's child. Come on man. That's sloppy. I liked DKR, I really did. But it's just one more issue on the pile of them that Marty dropped a couple pages back.
Breh, Ras didn't tell him anything. The old guy before told him the entire story of the child that escaped. That story was what planeted the idea in his head. You just read what some other idiot on this board assumed. Sorry breh, you're wrong here.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie is straight up :snooze:

Something about the film grain/cinematography actually depressed me.

The first one had that same "bored to death" vibe anytime they were on the Helicarrier.That whole set felt clinical

There's just something "off" about the way Joss Whedon directed this shyt.I can't even explain it.Instead of an enjoy, it was a killjoy.

But that's just me

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Movie is straight up :snooze:

Something about the film grain/cinematography actually depressed me.

The first one had that same "bored to death" vibe anytime they were on the Helicarrier.That whole set felt clinical

There's just something "off" about the way Joss Whedon directed this shyt.I can't even explain it.Instead of an enjoy, it was a killjoy.

But that's just me
Well,2 things are going against this excuse of a film. 1)whedon is a hack. He always has been. He just writes the same characters with different names. Everybody has a quip on the tip of their tongue. You can literally feel him talkingbthrough every voice. On top of that,he is a shytty director. He has no feel for it at all. Its all very point and click amatuer hour shyt.

2) its obvious this film was hacked to bits by the studio. The film actually reminds me a lot of amazing spider man 2 in that its the obvious victim of studio suits stepping in while being a film that has 0 purpose other than being a bridge to other films. Matter of fact thats how like 75% of the mcu films feel like. Every villain and story is just a jobber or distraction and a filmsy connection to another film.

This movie was flat out bad and was pointless. Over stuffed with way too many characters and sub plots.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well,2 things are going against this excuse of a film. 1)whedon is a hack. He always has been. He just writes the same characters with different names. Everybody has a quip on the tip of their tongue. You can literally feel him talkingbthrough every voice. On top of that,he is a shytty director. He has no feel for it at all. Its all very point and click amatuer hour shyt.

2) its obvious this film was hacked to bits by the studio. The film actually reminds me a lot of amazing spider man 2 in that its the obvious victim of studio suits stepping in while being a film that has 0 purpose other than being a bridge to other films. Matter of fact thats how like 75% of the mcu films feel like. Every villain and story is just a jobber or distraction and a filmsy connection to another film.

This movie was flat out bad and was pointless. Over stuffed with way too many characters and sub plots.

You nailed it.

With a lot of Marvel films, I feel like I'm holding my breath the whole movie.

The only times I was able to breath fresh air during a Marvel flick was Guardians & Winter Soldier.