Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Well that's pretty much my point. The Joker character via Ledgers performance masks all of the flaws in the movie. You don't care about them because you're watching it and thinking "Joker/Heath :wow:" and waiting for the next scene with the character. Both movies have the same problems and holes. You can't accept The Joker's implausibility who's schemes towards the end work only because of sheer coincidence, A burn victim walking around one day after being admitted and Batman suddenly pulling out problem solving gadgets out of the blue and then be like :what: when it happens in the next movie. It was all there before, you're even acknowledging that :yeshrug:. So why were they suddenly a movie destroying problem now in Rises?.
it's a comic book movie ffs

DeJuan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Texas
We should just enjoy them for what it's worth. But yeah......TDKR and AOU were both kinda let downs. And I'm a Marvel and DC fan equally. But still enjoyed them for what they were

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bet you didn't have a problem with how The Joker was inexplicably able pull off all of his carnage in The Dark Knight though:sas2:. You know such as getting bombs onto boats controlled by the military during a lock-down and conveniently everywhere else when the plot required it(Police Station, Hospital) . In addition to having plots that depended solely on sheer coincide. Or Batman puling out a surveillance system at the last minute out of nowhere which helps him track Joker. The entire last act of that film is "drawn out" because what was originally conceived as a two-parter was crammed into one movie which results in a tedious last hour that the movie didn't need. You can tell the movie was once meant to wrap up after The Joker's initial capture.

Batman getting his back fixed is a problem but Harvey Dent casually strolling around with a burnt face that's able to make facial movements isn't:russ:

Not a fan of The Dark Knight Rises, but the problems that people have with it are all present in The Dark Knight. It's just that one movie had an energetic performance and standout charamatic character to mask them and one did not :yeshrug:.
Joker planted the bombs on the boats before the lockdown/evacuation of the city and threw out a line implying he planted them on the bridge and tunnel so the cops would focus their attention and bomb squad on checking there. Having worked in a hospital for a long time, I can say security is pretty terrible, it's not unbelievable someone could move a bomb into one especially when you have the whole mob backing you at that point. The bomb in the police station was inside a guy they arrested. That's over the top but the guy was clearly crazy.

I need you to be more specific on the plot that required coincidence.

As for the surveillance system coming out of no where, they show what it was based on early in the film then reveal that Bruce found a way to expand on the concept using the billion dollar company at his disposal.

I'll give you Harvey being unrealistic but two-face is an unrealistic character and was always going to stand out as questionable in the Nolanverse.

Last edited: