Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Was anyone else disappointed in the Iron-Legion? When Tony first called for them and seeing them fly in the air, I thought they were about to wreck shyt, only to realize, they were just sent to calm the crowd down. Even the name Iron-Legion is epic. I thought they were about to tear shyt up like the ending of Iron-Man 3.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Saw it over the weekend (FINALLY) and enjoyed the heck out of it. Tried my best to avoid spoilers but I heard about Quicksilver biting it and "something" happening to the Hulk. But all Hulk really did was leave.

The BW/Hulk love arc felt a bit forced, Hawkeye having a family was real confusing and for some reason I was expecting Ultron to be stronger than he looked but got handled by Capt, Iron Man and Vision.

Liked all the cameos from the individual heroes movies like Falcon, Agent Carter :whew:, War Machine :blessed:, the cameos made up for all those Thor movies I had to sit through :shaq2:.

That Hulkbuster-Hulk fight:ooh:, Hulk doing Marshall Faulk 360 spins out of energy blasts, Iron Man dummying Hulk with the punches like in the Bigfoot/Overeem fight. IT WAS LIT!

Movie was great, now I'm just trying to catch up with everything I missed in the movie.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I agree with this statement 100%

If Ultron wanted to actually shame the Avengers, bringing them and their reputation down, he could've done everything possible to make the Avengers fail. He could've had his robots actually target civilians. He could've destabilized governments by trying to hack into and bring down different networks, destabilizing the economy. He could've directly gone after significant world leaders and their governments. He could've spread his robots over the world, forcing the Avengers to divide themselves to try to stop it. And then, in the fight, we're led to believe that all of Ultron's robots can't 1) swarm the Avengers like a bunch of ants, 2) can't target civilians to stop the Avengers from saving them, 3) can't target the civilians as they're getting on the floating lifeboats? Yeah, AOU deserves criticism. In their effort to make a commentary of MOS, they actually fail to do so. They can't even provide the same conditions in which Superman is forced to focus on the World Engine and Zod, and not to try to pull individual civilians out of the path of the Black Zero's gravity beam or whatever you call it.

:wow:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with this statement 100%

:wow:
This statement was written by someone who didn't get Ultron's plan. When Ultron was trying to discredit the Avengers it was because he wanted to be a hero to mankind. He wanted them to look bad so when he got Vision's body and killed them he would be praised for it and people would be willing to listen to him about changing human nature. Killing civilians at that point would have made him the bad guy in the eyes of the public.

By the time of the final fight he isn't thinking clearly. He's pissed off at being pushed to a last resort he didn't want to use and having everything taken from him. So he wouldn't be fighting at his most strategic.

Also the guy was flat out wrong about Ultron not targeting civilians getting on the lifeboats. Warmachine was there to cover the civilians because Ultron was attacking them. Not to mention Hawkeye almost died and Quicksilver did die saving a kid Ultron was going to shoot.

As far as it being a commentary on MOS, saving civilians was a top priority in the first Avengers movie before MOS existed. So it's more a choice Marvel made than a shot or comment on anything.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was anyone else disappointed in the Iron-Legion? When Tony first called for them and seeing them fly in the air, I thought they were about to wreck shyt, only to realize, they were just sent to calm the crowd down. Even the name Iron-Legion is epic. I thought they were about to tear shyt up like the ending of Iron-Man 3.
I rewatched Ironman 3 and realized the levels to that scene as a set up for Ultron. Jarvis needed a simple command to tell him who to attack and that led to him attacking Pepper by accident. That accident led Tony to believe he needed a smarter AI that could make decisions and identify enemies vs friends on it's own. Which led to the Ultron project and why the Iron Legion didn't fight yet. Tony's plan was for Ultron to control them when he was ready but shyt got crazy.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I rewatched Ironman 3 and realized the levels to that scene as a set up for Ultron. Jarvis needed a simple command to tell him who to attack and that led to him attacking Pepper by accident. That accident led Tony to believe he needed a smarter AI that could make decisions and identify enemies vs friends on it's own. Which led to the Ultron project and why the Iron Legion didn't fight yet. Tony's plan was for Ultron to control them when he was ready but shyt got crazy.
:ohhh: