Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Saw this again yesterday, it was even better the second time. Some things I missed the first time around:

Tony talks about Thor look for the mind stone since the fall of Shield. I think that was a line to imply when he came back and why without dwelling on it.

I paid closer attention to the vision Stark had at the beginning. It definitely took place on Thanos meteor and there were more than just the current Avengers laid out dead. I think this was more than just a nightmare and was meant as a preview of the future and infinity wars.

I noticed at the end of Thor's vision the infinity stones are shown for like a second. After seeing that it makes more sense that Thor would want a clearer look at his vision.

Watching again they make it clear that plan A for Ultron was not the meteor, it was to get his body then use it to kill the disgraced Avengers and have humanity follow him toward change. If at any point his plan went wrong he would destroy everyone as plan B.C.

Quicksilver didn't jump in front of the bullets to save Hawkeye. He moved him and the kid behind a car and got shot in the process.
Yeah this is definitely a movie that you need to watch multiple times to catch everything. Even with my 2nd viewing I didn't catch that in Tony's vision there were more than the current Avengers squad on that meteor.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Saw this again yesterday, it was even better the second time. Some things I missed the first time around:

Tony talks about Thor look for the mind stone since the fall of Shield. I think that was a line to imply when he came back and why without dwelling on it.

I paid closer attention to the vision Stark had at the beginning. It definitely took place on Thanos meteor and there were more than just the current Avengers laid out dead. I think this was more than just a nightmare and was meant as a preview of the future and infinity wars.

I noticed at the end of Thor's vision the infinity stones are shown for like a second. After seeing that it makes more sense that Thor would want a clearer look at his vision.

Watching again they make it clear that plan A for Ultron was not the meteor, it was to get his body then use it to kill the disgraced Avengers and have humanity follow him toward change. If at any point his plan went wrong he would destroy everyone as plan B.C.

Quicksilver didn't jump in front of the bullets to save Hawkeye. He moved him and the kid behind a car and got shot in the process.

Quicksilver should've been able to move the bullets out of the way :mjpls:

I think Marvel could only use QS for one flick and that's it. Sony let them rock out with SW but needed QS to introduce her.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Yeah that's something very few people seemed to notice. People forget Scarlet Witch doesn't just make you see things, she actually has the power to warp reality and manipulate probability. So Tony was seeing one possible outcome of the Thanos fight, without even knowing it.

It was kinda obvious it was more than hallucinations because Thor was seeing The Infinity Gems being gathered, which he had no knowledge of.

Fred.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Quicksilver should've been able to move the bullets out of the way :mjpls:
Quicksilver in AOU isn't as fast as Quicksilver in DOFP. We saw Quicksilver get shot with one bullet from that police officer, so it's easy to see how QS couldn't get Hawkeye and the kid to safety as well as dodge several bullets from a machine gun. AOU's Quicksilver just isn't that fast. Truth be told, as cool as that scene in DOFP is, it's gonna be hard trying to write a character that fast in future movies. DOFP's Quicksilver is kinda OP. Fox is gonna have to find some very creative ways to explain why Quicksilver can't save the day in like 5 mins, and be able to tell a whole story.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Quicksilver in AOU isn't as fast as Quicksilver in DOFP. We saw Quicksilver get shot with one bullet from that police officer, so it's easy to see how QS couldn't get Hawkeye and the kid to safety as well as dodge several bullets from a machine gun. AOU's Quicksilver just isn't that fast. Truth be told, as cool as that scene in DOFP is, it's gonna be hard trying to write a character that fast in future movies. DOFP's Quicksilver is kinda OP. Fox is gonna have to find some very creative ways to explain why Quicksilver can't save the day in like 5 mins, and be able to tell a whole story.
In the comics do he even have that ability to move bullets because that's overpowered

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think they're having a hard time writing for his character due to his powers.

Fred.

I don't think they had a hard time writing his powers. I think they kept his power level lower than the DOFP version and closer to his early comic levels to make it possible to write him into a team story without having to explain why he couldn't save everyone in seconds. They even threw in a couple of scenes where he stops to catch his breath to show he has limitations on what he can do.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

When they went to Africa and Claw shot his gun in the dark, QS caught the bullet and put it on the table at close range. At the beginning of the movie when they said the twins weren't ready to fight it was because they didn't harness the full capabilities of there powers. DOFP QS was born with it.

And don't even get me started on X-Men :mjpls: because they down graded damn near all of the mutants powers. They reduced Storm to creating "storms" a little fog and that about it.

Where the fukk this THIS Storm in all of the X-Men movies :rudy:

Storm is one of the most powerful mutants on Earth and has demonstrated a plethora of abilities, most of which are facets of her power to manipulate the weather.[80] Storm possesses the psionic ability to control all forms of weather over vast areas. She has been able to control both Earthly and extraterrestrial ecosystems on several occasions. She can modify the temperature of the environment, control all forms of precipitation, humidity and moisture (at a molecular level), generate lightning and other electromagnetic atmospheric phenomena, and has demonstrated excellent control over atmospheric pressure. She can incite all forms of meteorological tempests, such as tornadoes, thunderstorms, blizzards, and hurricanes,[81] as well as mist. She can dissipate such weather to form clear skies as well.
Her precise control over the atmosphere allows her to create special weather effects. She can create precipitation at higher or lower altitudes than normal, make whirlwinds travel pointing lengthwise in any direction, channel ambient
electromagnetism through her body to generate electric blasts, flash freeze objects and people, coalesce atmospheric pollutants into acid rain or toxic fog, and, along with her natural ability of flight, summon wind currents strong enough to support her weight to elevate herself (or others) to fly at high altitudes and speeds. Her control is so great that she can even manipulate the air in a person's lungs. She can also control the pressure inside the human inner ear, an ability she uses to cause intense pain. She can also bend light using moisture in the air and her manipulation of mist and fog to appear partially transparent, and in later comics, nearly invisible.
Storm has also demonstrated the ability to control natural forces that include
cosmic storms, solar wind, ocean currents, and the electromagnetic field. She has demonstrated the ability to separate water molecules into oxygen and hydrogen via electrolysis, allowing her to breathe underwater.[82] While in outer space, she is able to affect and manipulate the interstellar and intergalactic media. Storm can alter her visual perceptions so as to see the universe in terms of energy patterns, detecting the flow of kinetic, thermal and electromagnetic energy behind weather phenomena and can bend this energy to her will.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Truth be told, as cool as that scene in DOFP is, it's gonna be hard trying to write a character that fast in future movies. DOFP's Quicksilver is kinda OP. Fox is gonna have to find some very creative ways to explain why Quicksilver can't save the day in like 5 mins, and be able to tell a whole story.
Quicksilver is about to body @En Sabah Nur :banderas:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
In the comics do he even have that ability to move bullets because that's overpowered

If you think DOFP's Quicksilver is OP, you should hear about some of the Flash's feats in the comics.

When they went to Africa and Claw shot his gun in the dark, QS caught the bullet and put it on the table at close range. At the beginning of the movie when they said the twins weren't ready to fight it was because they didn't harness the full capabilities of there powers. DOFP QS was born with it.

And don't even get me started on X-Men :mjpls: because they down graded damn near all of the mutants powers. They reduced Storm to creating "storms" a little fog and that about it.

Storm is one of the most powerful mutants on Earth and has demonstrated a plethora of abilities, most of which are facets of her power to manipulate the weather.[80] Storm possesses the psionic ability to control all forms of weather over vast areas. She has been able to control both Earthly and extraterrestrial ecosystems on several occasions. She can modify the temperature of the environment, control all forms of precipitation, humidity and moisture (at a molecular level), generate lightning and other electromagnetic atmospheric phenomena, and has demonstrated excellent control over atmospheric pressure. She can incite all forms of meteorological tempests, such as tornadoes, thunderstorms, blizzards, and hurricanes,[81] as well as mist. She can dissipate such weather to form clear skies as well.
Her precise control over the atmosphere allows her to create special weather effects. She can create precipitation at higher or lower altitudes than normal, make whirlwinds travel pointing lengthwise in any direction, channel ambient
electromagnetism through her body to generate electric blasts, flash freeze objects and people, coalesce atmospheric pollutants into acid rain or toxic fog, and, along with her natural ability of flight, summon wind currents strong enough to support her weight to elevate herself (or others) to fly at high altitudes and speeds. Her control is so great that she can even manipulate the air in a person's lungs. She can also control the pressure inside the human inner ear, an ability she uses to cause intense pain. She can also bend light using moisture in the air and her manipulation of mist and fog to appear partially transparent, and in later comics, nearly invisible.
cosmic storms, solar wind, ocean currents, and the electromagnetic field. She has demonstrated the ability to separate water molecules into oxygen and hydrogen via electrolysis, allowing her to breathe underwater.[82] While in outer space, she is able to affect and manipulate the interstellar and intergalactic media. Storm can alter her visual perceptions so as to see the universe in terms of energy patterns, detecting the flow of kinetic, thermal and electromagnetic energy behind weather phenomena and can bend this energy to her will.
ALL comic book movies nerf the powers of their heroes. Every single one of them.

Last edited:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He didn't put the bullet shot at him on the table, he emptied the clip then put those bullets on the table.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I remember people were like :gladbron: caps shield is broken!!! Omg!!! Ultron is gonna be a force!!! When the intial preview dropped and everybody thought it looked dark and serious.

And i called it in this very thread thats caps shield being broken would juat be a dream sequence:pachaha:

And marvel with the false advertising AGAIN making the movie appear completely different in tone than the film.

Funny how the stans always give them passes no matter what though:leostare:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think they had a hard time writing his powers. I think they kept his power level lower than the DOFP version and closer to his early comic levels to make it possible to write him into a team story without having to explain why he couldn't save everyone in seconds. They even threw in a couple of scenes where he stops to catch his breath to show he has limitations on what he can do.

That's what I mean though....look at the "DOFP" scene....they knew he was over powered so they used him once.

Then the trailers for this dropped...."Quiksilver looks slow as fukk....WTF?"

It's hard to find a balance between him floating through every scene, and being so slow that he's getting cut down by bullets.

Fred.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what I mean though....look at the "DOFP" scene....they knew he was over powered so they used him once.

Then the trailers for this dropped...."Quiksilver looks slow as fukk....WTF?"

It's hard to find a balance between him floating through every scene, and being so slow that he's getting cut down by bullets.

Fred.
The thing is the DOFP version was way faster than he ever was in the comics. The fastest Quicksilver has ever been in the comics was barley above the speed of sound which would still make him being shot machine gun fire reasonable.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The fastest Quicksilver has ever been in the comics was barley above the speed of sound which would still make him being shot machine gun fire reasonable.

But people were complaining about that, which is exactly what I mean.

Fred.