Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Did You Catch the Hidden Age of Ultron Post-Credit Scene (Spoilers)?
by Dean Lentini ⋅ Posted on May 13th, 2015 at 10:07am ⋅ Last edit on May 19th, 2015

MANY SPOILERS IN THIS STORY! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
One of the biggest gripes I have heard about The Avengers: Age Of Ultron is that there was no post-credit scene. Sure, we all saw Thanos grab his gauntlet and say “Fine, I’ll do it myself.” But after that? Nothing. Why? Well, remember what a post-credit scene is supposed to be: It’s a scene that ties into a future movie, connecting the Marvel Cinematic Universe or MCU. That being said, I think we all saw the real post-credit scene. It was right at the beginning hidden in plain sight so we would forget about it and overlook its importance. Tony Stark’s vision given to him by Scarlet Witch is the best post-credit scene since Tony "became part of a larger universe…” Most movie goers did not understand just how vital this scene will become in the MCU. Let me explain.

Tony's Scarlet Witch Induced Vision
Most people assumed because of Scarlet Witch’s conversation with Ultron about seeing Tony Stark’s “fear,” that the vision Tony had was nothing more than a nightmare conjured up by Stark’s subconscious. This just isn’t true. First let’s remember what he saw: The scene was obviously Thanos’ space rock and on it all the Avengers were dead. In specific, we see Hulk barely holding on to life with Chitari spears in his back, Black Widow is dead, Hawkeye is dead (with someone unknown next to him, more on that later), Thor is dead, Captain America’s shield broken in two, and Cap dying next to it. Cap has one last message for Stark - who is not dead and no where to be found on this space rock. Cap says “You could have saved us.” He dies and then Tony hears Cap’s voice in his head saying “Why didn’t you do more?” After saying this, the Chitari space whales make their way through an open portal to Earth (very reminiscent of the first Avengers).

did-you-catch-the-hidden-age-of-ultron-post-credit-scene-spoilers-cap-s-last-stand-aga-409837.jpg

Cap's last stand against Thanos (Infinity Gauntlet)
The Other Avengers' Visions
Now why do I think this really happened? Well let’s examine the others’ visions.Black Widow clearly saw her past with the visions of the Red Room haunting her - so it was a definite thing that happened in the past. Thor saw quite a lot, but within it was his future. He saw many Asgardians, including Heimdall in Hel and he was told that it was his fault. This is possibility not necessarily the exact future. He also saw the Vision and the four infinity stones that have been revealed over the past few years - this is a definite thing he didn’t know. You cannot fear what you do not know. On the other hand, Cap saw Peggy and what was clearly a post-war party (although very eerie with the war symbolism - the man spilling wine looking like a gun shot wound, the women kicking, the flashes of the cameras looking like bombs flashes). I believe this was a "what could have been" past scene. After examining these visions, I think it is clear that Scarlet Witch makes people see possible outcomes of different events. This would go well with her powers of chance manipulation in the comics. So to clarify, Black Widow saw a possible past event that came to fruition, Cap saw a possible past event that did not come about, Thor saw a possible future in which some parts have already happened (Vision, infinity stones, etc.), and Tony saw a possible future that very well could (and I think likely will) happen.

did-you-catch-the-hidden-age-of-ultron-post-credit-scene-spoilers-thor-s-arm-and-part-403385.jpg

Thor's arm and part of Cap's broken shield
A View of the Future
I believe Tony’s vision showed us the end of Infinity War Part 1. All of these Avengers have been killed by Thanos and unfortunately his Chitari army (I was hoping Thanos would be a 1-on-everyone affair, but Marvel’s bad guys love their armies). One of the telling signs for this theory is the broken shield. In the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, Cap is the last man standing and goes toe to toe with Thanos in one of the most courageous Cap moments of all time, but Cap is beat by Thanos and he then breaks Cap’s shield. And we see that broken shield. We also see a lot more. There are more people than just Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Cap lying on that space rock. There is a woman clearly shown in a brief panning shot focused on Hawkeye. She appears to be wearing Iron Man like armor with glowing rectangles on her arms. I think that this might be Captain Marvel. I wish I could show a picture, but I’m pretty sure I’d get sued. We also see what looks like the Black Panther lying on his back, this can be deduced by top of Black Panther’s helmet being seen and his claws being in frame as the camera pans from Hulk to Black Widow. There are three other individuals lying amongst the Avengers. One looks like they have a shiny arm so possibly Winter Soldier, but the other two are not clear. I cannot wait till Age of Ultron hits bluray so I can examine this scene in HD.

did-you-catch-the-hidden-age-of-ultron-post-credit-scene-spoilers-409852.jpg

Why are they dead? Maybe not all the team was there to fight alongside them. Cap said that Iron Man could have saved them, which implies he was not there. So either Tony doesn’t go to help the Avengers or he has a plan that backfires and the team pays the ultimate price. So Thanos will kill the Avengers and take the Earth (as Thor would say). That will be the cliff-hanger at the end of Infinity War Part 1 with the Guardians of the Galaxy most likely on their way to help inPart 2. For those who are worried, just because the Avengers die doesn’t mean they’re gone. In the comics, Thanos destroys 1/3 of the universe only to have Nebula undo his deeds and bring those characters back to life. This could very well happen in Part 2.

Tony and Fury Discuss the Future
Another point of proof could be found in the dialogue between Tony and Fury on Hawkeye's farm. In this conversation, Tony tells Fury that this vision is the end of the path he lead us on. That is a very telling line, ever since the first Iron Man, it was all building up to Infinity War and ultimately to Thanos. He also reassures Fury that this was the future that he was shown. Stark is convinced that this even will happen. I am too. Is that scene sounding a little cooler now? When I noticed these things, specifically the woman next to Hawkeye, I freaked out like a schoolgirl. This scene could be one of the most important scenes in Marvel history and definitely fits the bill for a great post-credit scene. It sets up the rest of the MCU and shows us the future.

did-you-catch-the-hidden-age-of-ultron-post-credit-scene-spoilers-409866.jpg

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/05...lers-2930194?lt_source=external,manual,manual

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The first Avengers movie was an event.
just got back from this and i gotta say.

seeing this AFTER mad max.. is like getting a steak from applebees after eating at Ruth Chris.

or as the greatest poet of our times Shawn Corey Carter once said "you can't go back to hamburger helper after having filet mignon"

all that CGI was :scust: after the delectable practical effects George Miller da gawd served us

it did have its moments and i actually enjoyed the non action moments more than the cgi action fest. but ultimately it was forgettable overall.

@TheGodling THIS is what you were slurping and have the gall to come at nolan da gawd!? :ufdup:

It's a highly entertaining movie and regarding the bolded, I can do that with ease. I've been doing it my entire life and it's great that I can appreciate both.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
nikkas in this thread still discussing that forgettable movie :mjlol:

Like I said before if you seen the first avengers you seen AOU, replace faceless alien 32 with random robots 32 and you got AOU :mjlol:

Hulk black widow romance :mjlol:
comedian ultron :mjlol:

Destroy north africa with no fukks given to african civilian life but spend the whole final act saving cacvilians in who the fukk knows where western europe :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
nikkas in this thread still discussing that forgettable movie :mjlol:

Like I said before if you seen the first avengers you seen AOU, replace faceless alien 32 with random robots 32 and you got AOU :mjlol:

Hulk black widow romance :mjlol:
comedian ultron :mjlol:

Destroy north africa with no fukks given to african civilian life but spend the whole final act saving cacvilians in who the fukk knows where western europe :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
it was actually south Africa and who is to say that wasn't by design. Could be one of the reasons panther shows up in civil war. On some avengers? :ufdup:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Destroy north africa with no fukks given to african civilian life but spend the whole final act saving cacvilians in who the fukk knows where western europe

I have my complaints about this movie but that's not comparable at all. They knew where Ultron was so they had time to prepare. And even then if Fury hadn't shown up with a helicarrier they would've been assed out.

They didn't expect Hulk to go nuts in the middle of the city.

Fred.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The only thing that sucked about QS and SW is they through them in there before they got a chance to really harness their powers, ESPECIALLY QS. If he realized his full potentially he wouldn't have been killed. I still think they were only allowed to have in in one movie as a way of introducing SW.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Pretty much. I'd place it in the middle of the pack alongside the rest of the MCU. I think Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were better for different reasons. I think Winter Soldier is the best overall action film they've shot and I liked that it was more about a personal matter between hero and villain than the typical "save the world" plot. Guardians of the Galaxy hit the nail on the head for sci-fi/action/adventure. It's Marvel's Star Wars.

I liked the first Avengers better because it was more cohesive. This one just had way too many moving parts and several mini arcs and characters that weren't fleshed out. :yeshrug:
I think i'd have like 4th in line. I think Avengers 1,WS and GOTG were all better movies. I watch at least some of those movies every time they are on. I thought that Ultron, while i liked him, could have been a little more fleshed out and his origins felt rushed. and I would have liked more of Thor in that dream/vision pool. Also could have done without some of the comedy in the last battle.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think i'd have like 4th in line. I think Avengers 1,WS and GOTG were all better movies. I watch at least some of those movies every time they are on. I thought that Ultron, while i liked him, could have been a little more fleshed out and his origins felt rushed. and I would have liked more of Thor in that dream/vision pool. Also could have done without some of the comedy in the last battle.

There is like 40 minutes of footage they cut out that will be on the Blu-Ray/DVD.

Fred.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Finally saw this. Definitely more of the same. Don't like how they had ultron be evil tony stark basically. He could've been the best villain yet.

Enjoyed the action though. Can't lie,was rooting more for ultron to get some kinda victory.

-DMP-

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw this again yesterday, it was even better the second time. Some things I missed the first time around:

Tony talks about Thor look for the mind stone since the fall of Shield. I think that was a line to imply when he came back and why without dwelling on it.

I paid closer attention to the vision Stark had at the beginning. It definitely took place on Thanos meteor and there were more than just the current Avengers laid out dead. I think this was more than just a nightmare and was meant as a preview of the future and infinity wars.

I noticed at the end of Thor's vision the infinity stones are shown for like a second. After seeing that it makes more sense that Thor would want a clearer look at his vision.

Watching again they make it clear that plan A for Ultron was not the meteor, it was to get his body then use it to kill the disgraced Avengers and have humanity follow him toward change. If at any point his plan went wrong he would destroy everyone as plan B.C.

Quicksilver didn't jump in front of the bullets to save Hawkeye. He moved him and the kid behind a car and got shot in the process.