Daps
Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Saw this a few days ago. I don't understand why they needed the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and they feel out of place without any other mutants or Magneto. They could have easily done the movie without those characters included at all

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Never commented on when I seen this.
Thought it was dope over all, but had some serious pacing/editing issues. Which Whedon is blaming on Marvel, so I'll check out his version whenever the Blu-Ray rip drops I guess. :francis:

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Which Whedon is blaming on Marvel, so I'll check out his version whenever the Blu-Ray rip drops I guess. :francis:

Fred.

This was probably 50 pages ago but I mentioned that it seemed like Whedon was trying to tell a story with Stark/Avengers/accountability that ended up going nowhere as the final act mirrored what we saw in the first film. I wouldn't be shocked if Marvel pulled the rug on some of his ideas (seems like he's alluded to this) but I'm also not a huge Whedon fan especially in how he directs action sequences so... :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This was probably 50 pages ago but I mentioned that it seemed like Whedon was trying to tell a story with Stark/Avengers/accountability that ended up going nowhere as the final act mirrored what we saw in the first film. I wouldn't be shocked if Marvel pulled the rug on some of his ideas (seems like he's alluded to this) but I'm also not a huge Whedon fan especially in how he directs action sequences so... :manny:

They definitely pulled the rug....the OG cut of the movie was like 30-45 minutes longer. I'm not saying we need damn near a 4 hour "Avengers" movie but he said they were telling him what to put in and take out.

My only major complaint is the editing/pacing so I have to withhold judgement until I see his version. All the shyt people were complaining about (the Black Widow/Hulk romance, the one-liners, etc.) didn't even register as problems for me. They could've dialed back the Ultron humor but I will say he does stand out in the MCU as a villain. There's only so many "rawr I'm angry and gonna kill the world/hero/reality" villains you can take.

As is it's a good, not great movie.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
As is it's a good, not great movie

Pretty much. I'd place it in the middle of the pack alongside the rest of the MCU. I think Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were better for different reasons. I think Winter Soldier is the best overall action film they've shot and I liked that it was more about a personal matter between hero and villain than the typical "save the world" plot. Guardians of the Galaxy hit the nail on the head for sci-fi/action/adventure. It's Marvel's Star Wars.

I liked the first Avengers better because it was more cohesive. This one just had way too many moving parts and several mini arcs and characters that weren't fleshed out. :yeshrug:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Cape for Fast 7's foreign gross brehs

Got you guys in your feelings I see.

But the minute avengers passed a billion it was posted in the thread and met with daps and praise.

The gotg thread had marvel stans celebrating disney going to eat off groot merchandising sales :dead:

But post that furious 7 makes more money and dudes have no response so its :mjcry: ypu getting paid for this man

Coming from marvel stans shyt is hilarious

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
just got back from this and i gotta say.

seeing this AFTER mad max.. is like getting a steak from applebees after eating at Ruth Chris.

or as the greatest poet of our times Shawn Corey Carter once said "you can't go back to hamburger helper after having filet mignon"

all that CGI was :scust: after the delectable practical effects George Miller da gawd served us

it did have its moments and i actually enjoyed the non action moments more than the cgi action fest. but ultimately it was forgettable overall.

@TheGodling THIS is what you were slurping and have the gall to come at nolan da gawd!? :ufdup: