Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Maybe I will give it a third run, but I certainly enjoyed the first Avengers a bit more than AOU as it had the feeling of "We-Can't-Lose" or the end of a throwback Power Rangers episode where you know things will ultimately work out. All of the character interactions felt forced and I'll tell you why in my opinion:

- Iron Man - Tony is burnt out (as we saw from part 3), he wants to hang up the mantle, but can't because he has to clean up a mess he is responsible for.
- Hawkeye - At times seems like he wanted to just hang up his arrows and call it a day and go home to his family as he's the only one that has people who really depend on him and love him
- Captain America/Black Widow - Just got out of all that hoopla with the Hydra infiltration
- Thor - Has business to handle in Asgard
- Hulk - Reflecting and doing the "Lonely Man" walk

We've seen most of these characters as a team and in their own separate adventures and it seems Ultron is just a minor inconvenience to them considering what they faced, and since Guardians of the Galaxy dropped, the affairs of Terra/Earth really do pale in comparison to the other parts of the galaxy when Thanos is out there plotting.

It just felt forced, the action was great, but Ultron didn't seem menacing enough compared to Loki if we do a direct comparison to the first Avengers flick. Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier, and Iron Man are still the top MCU films for me so far...

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Vision: You think I'm the son of Ultron?
Banner: Aren't you?
Vision: I'm not Ultron.

I like how Vision doesn't deny that he's Ultron's child.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Movie was trash. Ranking it in all the marvel movies, i'd say it would be third worst right above IM3 and Thor 2
:whoa:if AoU is 3rd worst "above" those movies then what do you have as the top 2 worst marvel movies? :why: let's makes things simple it's definitely in the class of those 2 movies, cap 1, ironman2, incredible hulk and thor as the MCU's worst offerings
I'm gonna go rewatch it again to see if my opinion changes (see if I am influenced by the negative feedback from the never satisfied on here)

But as I'm rewatching Winter Soldier I seriously can't wait for Civil War :wow:
yeah

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
just saw it, liked it, only real complaint i got that compels me to post about is that i didnt really like them making ultron "funny" or humorous (even tho it was only at times). i think the tone the film was going for might've been better served if ultron was a cold menacing villain throughout but :manny:

thought hawkeye was gonna bite the dust going into this, knew someone had to die

surprised it was quicksilver tho :leon:

warmachine cameo was actually good, aaaand they got wakanda being a factor which is dope

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Captain America trilogy will end up being the best run of the whole Marvel catalog (only Guardians of the Galaxy can compete at this point).
:patrice: first avenger was very boring and forgettable though but winter soldier made up for it and then some. So far it's following the same pattern as the Nolan batman trilogy. If civil war ends up being overly ambitious yarn that fails at the finish line :francis:if it's just as good or better than winter soldier :gladbron: Guardians has a better chance due to the fact the sequel isn't playing catch up to its predecessors greatness

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:patrice: first avenger was very boring and forgettable though but winter soldier made up for it and then some. So far it's following the same pattern as the Nolan batman trilogy. If civil war ends up being overly ambitious yarn that fails at the finish line :francis:if it's just as good or better than winter soldier :gladbron: Guardians has a better chance due to the fact the sequel isn't playing catch up to its predecessors greatness

The first hour of First Avenger where they build up why Steve is the only man deserving to become Captain America is the best storytelling Marvel has done to this day though.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The first hour of First Avenger where they build up why Steve is the only man deserving to become Captain America is the best storytelling Marvel has done to this day though.
you say that because you like cap, those that ain't on that boy scout jingoistic crap who watched it as neutrals saw it for what it was and it stunk :ld:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
you say that because you like cap, those that ain't on that boy scout jingoistic crap who watched that as neutrals so that for what it was and it stunk :ld:

No, I say that because it's the truth. The guys writing the Cap movies (and now Infinity War as well) are by far the best writers Marvel has right now.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
No, I say that because it's the truth. The guys writing the Cap movies (and now Infinity War as well) are by far the best writers Marvel has right now.
It's easy to say that off of TWS alone though so you are not inventing abbotts by saying that.

Last edited:

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC
:whoa:if AoU is 3rd worst "above" those movies then what do you have as the top 2 worst marvel movies? :why: let's makes things simple it's definitely in the class of those 2 movies, cap 1, ironman2, incredible hulk and thor as the MCU's worst offerings
yeah
Its already in the post. Top 2 worst MCU movies being Thor 2 and IM3