Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
that doesnt make sense....ultron or no ultron, vision or no vision, tony or no tony, bruce is still the hulk until he finds a 'cure' to being the hulk....the hulk isnt a suit he can put on/take off, and be like i'm done with that....

that's why earlier in the thread i said bruce going along with tony's plans so easily was just another example of the bad character protrayal/development they had in a2 for him...they regressed with bruce in this movie as compared to the hulk movie and avengers 1....in the hulk movie: bruce was trying to find that 'cure' and hated being the hulk, but by the end he was more accepting of the hulk and was starting to get better 'control'...in avengers, they continued that theme and even though he's always knowledgeable the hulk could snap and destroy shyt, he was more confident that he could 'control'/guide the hulk if/when the hulk was needed, which they showed throughout a1.....in a2, they threw all that out the window...they made the man scared of his own shadow basically and all the confidence he had was gone....hell, to show how bad they fukked up bruce in a2, they made one of the 5 smartest people in the world not able to pronounce the name of a country he knew about, smh....

It does make sense breh. Tony and Bruce have the same goal: to not have to "suit up" anymore. When Tony tells him to imagine he's sitting on a beach turning brown instead of green, that's his endgame. He had confidence in part 1 but now he's being painted as a soldier who's got too much blood on his hands and isn't comfortable with it and wants out. I didn't see it as out of character at all, just character development.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope Scarlet Witch brings back my nikka Quicksilver with the soul stone :banderas: I know some people wont like that but this are comic book movies so they might as well go all in :yeshrug: besides the bytches I saw the movie with loved quicksilver and one of them was almost crying when he got taken out so I know he coming back is gonna be a hit with the casuals.

spoiler alert: she doesnt need the stone to do that.....think we'll be seeing quicksilver again, dont worry...

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
strucker was criminally tossed in the bushes in this one - damn near stole the show in the first few minutes

Yeah it was annoying what they did with him:francis:, he better return on some Blofield "it was my double you killed and not really me" shyt.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can somebody tell me why at the mid credits scene Thanos said.... "Fine. I'll do it myself! :jawalrus:"

Do what himself? I understand he wants the gems, but was he controlling somebody behind the scenes in Avengers 2 and then Vision getting the gem messed up his plans? What outcome was he expecting/hoping to happen in the Avengers movie that prompted him to say that?

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
could you guys who are deep into the comics answer this...what is the main difference between the avengers characters in the comics compared to how they are potrayed in the movies

Im asking about nick fury (i know in the comics he is white)
Ironman
Hulk
Cap
Thor
black widow
hawkeye

also Ive heard that this lineup wasnt even the original avengers in the comics so who were the originals and why do you think they didnt make a movie based on the original characters.

Ironman - Basically the same except he's more of a womanizer and an alcoholic in comics
Hulk - Same as classic hulk. There have been many iterations of the hulk that are less barbaric, but this is classic hulk to a T.
Cap - identical
Thor - Thor isn't as much of a joker in the comics as he is in the movies. He's also quite a bit more powerful in the comics.
black widow - Not sure didn't read much about her
hawkeye - Basically the same with a different uniform

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What makes the trilogy better?. 2 is overrated, 3 is ok and Begins is the best. It's the only one that's actually about Batman. Now while I say two is overrated :whoa: Don't get me wrong it's probably had the greatest villain performance in a comic book movie. That being said let's get real, Two face shouldn't even have been in the movie. And the joker's final plan was stupid as hell. In hindsight it's not anything great outside of Heath Ledgers performance.

The reason Begins is the best film, is The League Of Shadows were actually trying to do something really villainous(Like oh, destroying Gotham)

I have to disagree. All three movies focused heavily on Batman. The villains were just so damn good that they captivated the audience's attention (another way these movies trump the MCU).

BB obviously, but TDK was all about the impact Batman had on Gotham, from copycats to the mob being in enough danger to hire a psychopath to take him out. From Batman trying to leave the city in Dent's hands so that he can be with Rachel to struggling with whether he should unmask himself and how to deal with a mass murderer without killing him to his grief over not being able to save Rachel to finally taking the rap for Dent's crimes to preserve his reputation and make a martyr out of him...the whole movie is Batman centric.

And as far as the Joker's plan being "dumb", he wasn't some cookie cutter villain trying to take over the world. He was fighting for the souls of his enemies. I mean, the guy burned millions of dollars, so his mindset wouldn't make sense to most people. He was trying to corrupt and destroy, on a physical and spiritual level, forcing chaos on those who tried to impose order on the world, and prove that everybody was as monstrous as he was.

As far as him not doing anything villainous, I'm sure he has more onscreen kills than any comic book movie villain to date plus he blew up a hospital, a police station, and the hero's love interest.

TDKR was all about Batman as well. He's the core of all three films.

I honestly can't see how someone would prefer the MCU. Age of Ultron was good, but it followed the same cookie cutter formula as the rest of the films.

It's like J Cole said "The people who like Soul Plane are probably gonna think Shawshank Redemption is boring." :manny:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Can somebody tell me why at the mid credits scene Thanos said.... "Fine. I'll do it myself! :jawalrus:"

Do what himself? I understand he wants the gems, but was he controlling somebody behind the scenes in Avengers 2 and then Vision getting the gem messed up his plans? What outcome was he expecting/hoping to happen in the Avengers movie that prompted him to say that?

I said this somewhere before but it felt that scene was meant for GotG (where it would actually make sense) but they decided to put it after this one just because.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I have to disagree. All three movies focused heavily on Batman. The villains were just so damn good that they captivated the audience's attention (another way these movies trump the MCU).

BB obviously, but TDK was all about the impact Batman had on Gotham, from copycats to the mob being in enough danger to hire a psychopath to take him out. From Batman trying to leave the city in Dent's hands so that he can be with Rachel to struggling with whether he should unmask himself and how to deal with a mass murderer without killing him to his grief over not being able to save Rachel to finally taking the rap for Dent's crimes to preserve his reputation and make a martyr out of him...the whole movie is Batman centric.

And as far as the Joker's plan being "dumb", he wasn't some cookie cutter villain trying to take over the world. He was fighting for the souls of his enemies. I mean, the guy burned millions of dollars, so his mindset wouldn't make sense to most people. He was trying to corrupt and destroy, on a physical and spiritual level, forcing chaos on those who tried to impose order on the world, and prove that everybody was as monstrous as he was.

As far as him not doing anything villainous, I'm sure he has more onscreen kills than any comic book movie villain to date plus he blew up a hospital, a police station, and the hero's love interest.

I honestly can't see how someone would prefer the MCU. Age of Ultron was good, but it followed the same cookie cutter formula as the rest of the films.

It's like J Cole said "The people who like Soul Plane are probably gonna think Shawshank Redemption is boring." :manny:

:obama:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Just now hitting me that Ultron had the Vibranium upgrade and still got treated like he was semi lightwork. I swear they better not nerf Black Panther and Wakanda as a whole, because of that bullshyt...:snoop:

I hear you but in fairness, he was getting blasted by Iron Man, Mjolnir, and the friggin MIND GEM all at the same time.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It does make sense breh. Tony and Bruce have the same goal: to not have to "suit up" anymore. When Tony tells him to imagine he's sitting on a beach turning brown instead of green, that's his endgame. He had confidence in part 1 but now he's being painted as a soldier who's got too much blood on his hands and isn't comfortable with it and wants out. I didn't see it as out of character at all, just character development.

it doesnt make sense cause he cant stop being the hulk even if there is peace....tony can stop being iron man, all he has to do is not put on the suit....bruce is the hulk until he finds a 'cure' to not being the hulk anymore....the fact that you chose the phrase 'suit up' shows even more how that was tony's endgame.....

as for bruce as a character: it was bad....they made bruce a weak minded, insecure lackey in this film, something he is not....prime ex: lets say he agreed with tony the first time when helping create ultron....after seeing the results of that, he wouldnt have agreed so easily to do the same shyt again, like he did.....

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

I said the trilogy was good, but only one film was actually great. And I'm sticking by my original point. about Two and Three. Two is good. Three is interesting until Bane dies.

You're giving those films much to much credit.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

it's a couple things in play....

1. he wants all the gems....whomever has all the gems has ultimate power...he had loki and ronan help him so far, but now he's off to collect all the gems himself...

2. thanos is obsessed/in love with 'death'...he pictures her as a woman and is always trying to appease her.....and in the mcu, killing the avengers would do that in his eyes...that's why he smiled at the end in avengers 1 when the dude said 'to fight them would be courting death'.....

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Ultron actually killed one of the heroes. you guys complain too much about darkness.