Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I like the MCU films, including Age of Ultron. Nolan's Batman trilogy is just better and that's the consensus among moviegoers and critics.

It's not because it's dark and gritty. It's got better story, better acting, better dialogue, gravitas etc.

It's dumb to say people like it just because it's darker. If that were the case, they'd be praising trash like Ghost Rider and Jonah Hex. I think we can all agree that the MCU is held in higher esteem than those two piece of shyt films.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I like the MCU films, including Age of Ultron. Nolan's Batman trilogy is just better and that's the consensus among moviegoers and critics.

It's not because it's dark and gritty. It's got better story, better acting, better dialogue, gravitas etc.

It's dumb to say people like it just because it's darker. If that were the case, they'd be praising trash like Ghost Rider and Jonah Hex. I think we can all agree that the MCU is held in higher esteem than those two piece of shyt films.

To bad Nolan's trilogy isn't a part of the DCU of films.

then they might actually have something going for them outside of "Superman Rises"

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You forget that the FF7 has Paul Walker's death going for it. Death always big ups the numbers.

I didn't forget but the coli cannot have it both ways. I see nikkas saying that paul walker is a nobody and nothing to the franchise, then I see the same nikkas saying he is a big reason why the movie is so hot.

So which is it. :sas2:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Well i feel like the dialogue was less reigned in. It seemed like all of the jokes worked in the first but this one, not at all. There were a couple Tony threw that didn't fit, plus that sexual innuendo Black widow tossed at Bruce when he was in the towel. And that clunky transition from Ultron talking about the big picture to quicksilver explaining their backstory. Plus I didn't like Ultron being as jokey as he was in a couple parts, like when Hulk threw him out of the quinjet, or copping pleas when thor, iron man, and vision hit him with the triple team. Whereas in the first one, the action scenes seemed to stem from the character moments, the action in this one seemingly happened because it's a comic book movie and you need action scenes. And for me, there were a couple lulls, but nothing too major.

Outside of the SHIELD guy at the end struggling to find a word to say the rescue ships are full, there's nothing in here as bad as Widow's "I got red in my ledger" shyt from the first one. shyt started to sound like code for her trying to tell everybody that she was on her period and shouldn't be fighting, because she brought that shyt up the whooooole time.

Last edited:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

then they might actually have something going for them outside of "Superman Rises"

I'm nonpartisan. DC, Marvel, all I care about are how good the movies are. :manny:

Green Lantern was trash. Superman Returns was boring.

To me, Guardians of the Galaxy was overrated and the best MCU film yet is The Winter Soldier. The Dark Knight trilogy is better than all of them.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I didn't forget but the coli cannot have it both ways. I see nikkas saying that paul walker is a nobody and nothing to the franchise, then I see the same nikkas saying he is a big reason why the movie is so hot.

So which is it. :sas2:

I wouldn't go as far as say he meant totally nothing to the series (though I've never heard anyone say he was the reason any of the movies were hot on his own), just that the series can and obviously is going to be done with or without him. At the same time though, having a key character any series die in real life is going to obviously have a tremendous effect for said series, its' reception (good or bad actually), sales and so forth. fukk about what the coli can or can have, that's just the reality of how things work.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I'm nonpartisan. DC, Marvel, all I care about are how good the movies are. :manny:

Green Lantern was trash. Superman Returns was boring.

To me, Guardians of the Galaxy was overrated and the best MCU film yet is The Winter Soldier. The Dark Knight trilogy is better than all of them.

What makes the trilogy better?. 2 is overrated, 3 is ok and Begins is the best. It's the only one that's actually about Batman. Now while I say two is overrated :whoa: Don't get me wrong it's probably had the greatest villain performance in a comic book movie. That being said let's get real, Two face shouldn't even have been in the movie. And the joker's final plan was stupid as hell. In hindsight it's not anything great outside of Heath Ledgers performance.

The reason Begins is the best film, is The League Of Shadows were actually trying to do something really villainous(Like oh, destroying Gotham)

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After my 2nd viewing realized that there was a 2nd reason why Cap broke the wood with his hands angrily during his argument with Tony. Tony saying that "we fight to end the war, to go home" reminded Cap of the illusion Wanda gave him. During that illusion Peggy was telling Cap that the war was over. Cap is still haunted by the fact that he's not living in his time. That he's living in this world that's till foreign to him.

that's not why he got upset....he said why he was pissed before he broke the wood...i'm paraphrasing, but it was something along the lines of innocents getting hurt cause people are trying to stop a war that doesnt exist/hasnt happened....meaning: people actually create what they trying to stop....in this case: tony is talking about ending a war that happened in his head, so he created ultron....which actually lead to the avengers being at war with ultron, and humanity being at risk....and tony acting like that shyt doesnt matter cause he did it 'for the greater good'....

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
strucker was criminally tossed in the bushes in this one - damn near stole the show in the first few minutes

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Nolans trilogy played out like a normal action crime drama. Because batman and they villains they chose to use have limited abilities it's easy to take a normal plot that could be used for normal characters.

You can't make a damn dark night type flick with tony stark or the Hulk. Or Thor :mjpls:

the reason why batman is so great is because every scene he does is limited. And everything is does can be done by Ethan Hunt or Jason Bourne. People relate more to batman because he's just a man.

Because Nolan chose to go the realism route he basically limited what batman can do and placed the character in a box. Every character they use will be diminished from the comic book.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Outside of the SHIELD guy at the end struggling to find a word to say the rescue ships are full, there's nothing in here as bad as Widow's "I got red in my ledger" shyt from the first one. shyt started to sound like code for her trying to tell everybody that she was on her period and shouldn't be fighting, because she brought that shyt up the whooooole time.

Idk breh that whole "you're being hard on yourself" "I thought that was your job" exchange is pretty :beli: along with that clunky ass transition i mentioned. "I have a little picture..."

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yeah, they didn't make Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Inhumans instead of mutants like everyone was assuming they basically just gave them a remixed version of the origin of The X-Men enemies, The Fenris Twins:
JLZ2rNU.jpg

Yeah they were pretty much a combination of The Fenris Twins and Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Genetically engineered, working for Von Strucker and Hydra and hating someone for the death of their parents(Fenris origin). Before joining and teaming up with Ultron who was like Magneto to them. Even gave Ultron some sort of magnetic power to homage that.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruce helping him tho made sense to me. Bruce wanted a way out and he kept seeing ultron or just the purpose of ultron and then vision as his way out. So even if logically he was against it, emotionally he wanted to get it done so he could live his life and not have to be the hulk anymore

that doesnt make sense....ultron or no ultron, vision or no vision, tony or no tony, bruce is still the hulk until he finds a 'cure' to being the hulk....the hulk isnt a suit he can put on/take off, and be like i'm done with that....

that's why earlier in the thread i said bruce going along with tony's plans so easily was just another example of the bad character protrayal/development they had in a2 for him...they regressed with bruce in this movie as compared to the hulk movie and avengers 1....in the hulk movie: bruce was trying to find that 'cure' and hated being the hulk, but by the end he was more accepting of the hulk and was starting to get better 'control'...in avengers, they continued that theme and even though he's always knowledgeable the hulk could snap and destroy shyt, he was more confident that he could 'control'/guide the hulk if/when the hulk was needed, which they showed throughout a1.....in a2, they threw all that out the window...they made the man scared of his own shadow basically and all the confidence he had was gone....hell, to show how bad they fukked up bruce in a2, they made one of the 5 smartest people in the world not able to pronounce the name of a country he knew about, smh....