Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
My biggest beef with the movie is that he didn't feel like this story was even worth being told.

Ultron felt like an Ironman 4 villain rather than a Avengers villain.

The plot was very simplistic.

Even the title "Age of Ultron" was very misleading. It sounded like and even from the trailers seemed like Ultron was going to police the world in a way that Tony Stark sort of had envisioned. But instead he just wants to kill everyone....

There was no lesson to be learned in fact there was quite the opposite. Tony Start and Bruce Banner get rewarded with vision for doing exactly what got them into this mess in the first place.

The universe didn't expand at all, if anything it felt like it got smaller.

Basically from what I gathered from the first movie I thought that the Avengers "Assembled" for a specific emergency reasons like fighting off a global threat or something that needs all of there combined powers to take down.

The beginning scenes in the mountains felt like a Captain America mission maybe with the help of Widow or Hawkeye but having Ironman, Thor, and the Hulk plus everyone else seemed like total overkill. I understand Hydra stole the Loki's Scepter but that sounds like a stealthful infiltrate, recover, and extraction type mission, not a blow everything up till you find it type of situation.

When the Avengers are called to come together it was suppose to mean that some serious shyt was about to go down but the villain and the plot in this movie didn't seem to have any higher stakes than a Ironman or Captain America movie.

By the time everything was said and done all we got was the Avengers Academy.

They actually were going around destroying Hydra bases. Their goal was to wipe them out. They were also looking for the scepter.

Like I said before. The beginning of the movie was supposed to be the end. Hydra was pretty much left in ruins (with maybe a few scattered elements) and Thor was about to leave. Ultron was an accident but a necessary plot device to put the Avengers on to the Infiniti Stones. They needed to find a way to integrate Earth with the rest of the Universe. The Avengers actually should've been apart of Thor 2 but I guess when you have that many movies and so many sub plots and writers and directors, its hard to make everything fit.

But again. like I said before... I look at these movies as episodes. Nothing like this has ever been done before so you can't expect it to be perfect. We're use to trilogies. 3 movies and that about it. Harry Potter dropped 8. Age of Ultron will be the 11th with another 11 more coming out over the next 4 years. Let that sink in. It took them 7 years to drop 11 movies and they gonna drop another 11 in the next 4 years.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
They actually were going around destroying Hydra bases. Their goal was to wipe them out. They were also looking for the scepter.

Like I said before. The beginning of the movie was supposed to be the end. Hydra was pretty much left in ruins (with maybe a few scattered elements) and Thor was about to leave. Ultron was an accident but a necessary plot device to put the Avengers on to the Infiniti Stones. They needed to find a way to integrate Earth with the rest of the Universe. The Avengers actually should've been apart of Thor 2 but I guess when you have that many movies and so many sub plots and writers and directors, its hard to make everything fit.

But again. like I said before... I look at these movies as episodes. Nothing like this has ever been done before so you can't expect it to be perfect. We're use to trilogies. 3 movies and that about it. Harry Potter dropped 8. Age of Ultron will be the 11th with another 11 more coming out over the next 4 years. Let that sink in. It took them 7 years to drop 11 movies and they gonna drop another 11 in the next 4 years.
dropped 8 what? Dice cuz it certainly wasn't movies

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:beli:

You dudes are such clowns. Not once did I speak to you like you aren't a man and you can't even have a simple disagreement over a damn comic book movie with talking on some other shyt - that you wouldn't talk in person. :snoop:

One, you're entirely straw-maning the fukk out of what I'm saying or you either simply don't understand. We don't actually "see" Vision pick it up, which is what I stated. What we "see" is him hand the hammer over to Thor and say something like, "Let's get to work." If we would have physically seen him pick it up from a static position and then hand it over maybe the scene would have resonated differently, and had more gravitas. The audience thought it was funny because it happened so nonchalantly on screen. The "buildup" culminates to a moment you never actually see take place on screen (i.e. Vision picking up the hammer as it's laying on the floor or something.) Two, you're talking about some wholly subjective shyt as if it's fact. I've said essentially, "In my opinion" several times AND "If you feel differently. That's fine." Some of you dudes have no idea how to be disagreeable without the conversation devolving into some dumb and silly :pacspit: shyt. I'm not with it. Thirdly, you're using this thread (which isn't a bastion of objectivity, by the way) to support your view. I'm using my experience in the theater. They're both anecdotal. There's no damn difference. Neither is empirical fact :snoop:. Lastly, I'm talking about this scene in it's entirety (not just what the Hulk said):

I enjoyed that entire scene more than anything that that happened in AoU. Legit had a movie magic moment. I, meaning myself as an autonomous and sentient-being didn't personally have the same feeling during this movie at any time. If you did, terrific. I somehow doubt I am alone in my sentiments, and neither are you.

Farewell.

:francis:

So now you're feeling less of a man cuz I told you to shut up? :dahell: You sounding hurt dawg and also, overly critical and petty as fukk to say some ole, "we didn't actually see him pick up the hammer.":childplease: Really breh?! Not like someone would see that and think for even a 10th of a second that it got in his hands by any other means. The nonchalant manner of how he picked it up actually just added to the scene in itself in reality of things.

Adding "gravitas" and "bastion" to your argument does not make for a more profound opinion piece breh. Neither does this faux pompous, higher than thou pov. Especially after some miniscule, semantical stance saying that he picked up the hammer off screen, as if that makes a world of difference to anyone, but you. Ohhh...it was just you speaking from your personal, opinionated perspective. No shyt sherlock. Just stop.

How would you know how I may talk in person? I surely would easily say this to you or whoever in person verbatim as there's really no reason not to. I know very well how to be respectably disagreeable, regardless of subject matter, but I'll give you more of what you want anyways tho, so...

:pacspit::camby:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Still feels like a Captain America Type mission. If what you say is true than it supports what I said even more. The beginning of the movie was an epilogue do the winter soldier which was a captain america movie.

The avengers were already onto the infinity stones which was Loki's staff, ironically the same plot device for the first movie...

They are 11 movies in... At some point the "this has never been done" argument won't hold. They have an amazing team and a wealth of knowledge and material to take from. Joss Whedon is not green when it comes to making episodic films and television.

In the end I was hoping for a sequel to the over arching story of the MCU and the infinity stones due to the culmination of the past 10 films, but all I got was a sequel to the avengers.

Edit:
Basically if nothing from the Ironman movies or cap movies or thor movies from the past mattered in this avengers movie, than why should I care to watch any of the future stand alone movies if they probably wont matter in the next avengers.

Age of Ultron felt very standalone-ish to the point where it didn't even feel like it added much to the universe or the overarching story that the MCU is telling

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Stop it. if you saying it pales in comparison to The Avengers that's fine, but fronting like it sucked. cmon dawg. shyt was cinematic candy at it's very least.
I ain't making an opinion in this instance the numbers don't lie, 'if' it's projected to make less than the first did domestically it's cuz cats arent going back for repeated viewings and why would that be

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I ain't making an opinion in this instance the numbers don't lie, 'if' it's projected to make less than the first did domestically it's cuz cats are going back for repeated viewings and why would that be

Uh it's a sequel. And it's still the 2nd highest grossing opening of all time, it's not like people are going to see Paul Blart over this.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Uh it's a sequel. And it's still the 2nd highest grossing opening of all time, it's not like people are going to see Paul Blart over this.
what's it being a sequel got to do with anything? You think first blood or T2 watchers were like it's a sequel so one viewing is enough?

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
After my 2nd viewing realized that there was a 2nd reason why Cap broke the wood with his hands angrily during his argument with Tony. Tony saying that "we fight to end the war, to go home" reminded Cap of the illusion Wanda gave him. During that illusion Peggy was telling Cap that the war was over. Cap is still haunted by the fact that he's not living in his time. That he's living in this world that's till foreign to him.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
After my 2nd viewing realized that there was a 2nd reason why Cap broke the wood with his hands angrily during his argument with Tony. Tony saying that "we fight to end the war, to go home" reminded Cap of the illusion Wanda gave him. During that illusion Peggy was telling Cap that the war was over. Cap is still haunted by the fact that he's not living in his time. That he's living in this world that's till foreign to him.

Also the fact that he doesn't know what to do with himself if the war is over. Like what is his purpose if there's no war to fight?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
they didnt touch on the inhumans in the film....people are mistaking the twins for inhumans, and they're not...the only place marvel is using to set up the inhumans is on the shield show...
Yeah, they didn't make Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Inhumans instead of mutants like everyone was assuming they basically just gave them a remixed version of the origin of The X-Men enemies, The Fenris Twins:
JLZ2rNU.jpg

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Haley Atwell :noah:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

I think Scarlett Witch played a major role in the split as well basically showing Cap the parallels between him and Ultron.