Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So I see it made less than the first :sas2:

And I see more and more negative reactions being mixed in with every marvel release :sas1:

One day we'll all see who the prophet is :wow:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The real problem with the mcu is they are so busy trying to get the characters "right" that they forgot comics also contain interesting stories.

Arcs that have the imprints of different writers, with subtle depths. All the mcu films have no variation or depth. Its the equivalent of one single writer using the same voice to write every arc and character. Its boring and feels phoned in. Gives them a manufactured feel due to the execs having more power than the writer and directors.

These movies are so sterile and so safe that they are tedious at best. They should be encouraging writers to leave their own imprint, not forcing them to follow generic layed out set pieces filled with one liners.

These don't feel like comic book films with comic book stories. They feel like summer blockbusters with comic book characters instead of sly stallone.

They need to inject some goddamn personality already. I don't care if rdj embodies tony stark if the story youre telling isn't worth knowing.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The real problem with the mcu is they are so busy trying to get the characters "right" that they forgot comics also contain interesting stories.

Arcs that have the imprints of different writers, with subtle depths. All the mcu films have no variation or depth. Its the equivalent of one single writer using the same voice to write every arc and character. Its boring and feels phoned in. Gives them a manufactured feel due to the execs having more power than the writer and directors.

These movies are so sterile and so safe that they are tedious at best. They should be encouraging writers to leave their own imprint, not forcing them to follow generic layed out set pieces filled with one liners.

These don't feel like comic book films with comic book stories. They feel like summer blockbusters with comic book characters instead of sly stallone.

They need to inject some goddamn personality already. I don't care if rdj embodies tony stark if the story youre telling isn't worth knowing.

And this entire statement is why I love Daredevil and Guardians so much. They feel irreverent and subversive to everything else that they do

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
And this entire statement is why I love Daredevil and Guardians so much. They feel irreverent and subversive to everything else that they do
I'm 10 episodes into Daredevil and it is so much better than the entire filmography of marvel its not even funny. It took me about 6 episodes to really warm up to it and sink my teeth into but I'm already more excited for the netflix shows than I am the movies.

I need punisher and moon knight shows.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah, wait until the second season and the sequel before you say that.

Nah no need because I'm talking about two products right now: daredevil season 1 and guardians 1. If the 2nd season and the 2nd movie turn out to be same ole same ole, then that means I won't like the 2nd season or the 2nd movie but it doesn't diminish what came before it; I don't look at stuff like that. No matter how I feel about Dark Knight Rises, it doesn't change how i feel about Dark Knight at all. By that logic, I shouldn't like the first ninja turtles movie because of the 2nd and 3rd

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So between stark just ignoring the arc of his character from iron man 3 and marvel retconning the mandarin twist, what exactly was the point of im3 other than more marvel filler?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So between stark just ignoring the arc of his character from iron man 3 and marvel retconning the mandarin twist, what exactly was the point of im3 other than more marvel filler?

:deadrose: the most frustrating thing about the movie to me. And to make it worse, he gets to the same point again at the end of ultron so you're right, what exactly was the point of it? It's as if they pulled a clone wars on it and retconned it from existence

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah no need because I'm talking about two products right now: daredevil season 1 and guardians 1. If the 2nd season and the 2nd movie turn out to be same ole same ole, then that means I won't like the 2nd season or the 2nd movie but it doesn't diminish what came before it; I don't look at stuff like that. No matter how I feel about Dark Knight Rises, it doesn't change how i feel about Dark Knight at all. By that logic, I shouldn't like the first ninja turtles movie because of the 2nd and 3rd
Well the main critique of the marvel productions is that they are repetitive and bland, but these two are still new properties, and considering that all of the films/episodes are based on continuity, with the same tone present, its hard imo to love one and despise the other.