Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Just got back from seeing it a 2nd time. To my surprise I actually liked it better the 2nd time around. I think it''s because this time, I watched the movie for what it was, instead of what I was expecting it to be.

This time I caught that Hawkeye named his newborn after Black Widow and Quicksilver.

I also saw how Scarlet Witch vaporized the Ultron bots when she felt that Quicksilver died.

They did a real good job of making Cap look strong. After this movie, along with Winter Solider, you will believe that Cap can go toe-to-toe with anybody. Also I LOVE Cap's new suit. Perfect blend of his classic look and the stealth suit. I don't see how they could possibly improve on this suit.

I really liked the conversation at the end with Vision and Ultron.

Visually, Scarlet Witch's hex magic was done very well.

Like others have stated, I wish Falcon was there with War Machine at the end of the final battle. I wouldn't be surprised if Falcon was there in the OG cut, but got edited out for the theater version.

Although a lot of people are saying that Hawkeye stole the show, I think Thor had some of the best moments and lines. He was the funniest one out there. "She thinks she can mess with my mind, but I am mighty.... :dwillhuh:"

I might actually go a 3rd time. Next weekend, which will be a first time I've seen a film 3x in a theater.

Last edited:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I aint reading through this whole thread....how ya'll feel about the origins of Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver? Basically taking mutants out of the equation due to not having the rights.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I thought it was okay. I didn't think it was good or bad per se. But, just okay. I think the first is much better and funner. There's not one scene on the level of, "That's my secret. I'm always angry," in this film. That sort of :banderas: or magic moment never happened for me.

I do think as we get further away from the release and hoopla people will better see and understand some of the criticisms -- kinda like TDKR.

Just my thoughts. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You could also see flashes of it when they were talking about how Ultron's thought came from a dark side of Stark. I thought they were gonna flesh that out a little more, but nothing more came out of it.

shyt, one of my favorite lines in the whole movie was when they are all

attempting to lift the hammer and Ultron shows up and says "of course, you're not worthy.. you're all killers"

I was like :ooh: :ohlawd: but then they went away from that. I hope they get back to it with Civil War because those types of struggles with super heroes and their balancing act with humans will always be piff. That's why X-Men is so :wow: :wow: too.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
when all those damn ultrons showed up, the Hulk should've immediately ran into the crowd wrecking shyt...I don't know why that disappointed me so much that he didn't...that he stayed in that area with the rest of the heros fighting them off...

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I wish they would've gave us more examples of Ultron being unbeatable.I don't think they did enough to establish him as a threat.Hell, even Captain America held his own against Ultron without his shield.
Ultron had Cap in a chokehold before Widow tossed Cap his shield.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I thought it was okay. I didn't think it was good or bad per se. But, just okay. I think the first is much better and funner. There's not one scene on the level of, "That's my secret. I'm always angry," in this film. That sort of :banderas: or magic moment never happened for me.

I do think as we get further away from the release and hoopla people will better see and understand some of the criticisms -- kinda like TDKR.

Just my thoughts. :yeshrug:

:comeon:
Vision lifting Thor's hammer trumps that scene if you just talking about on a sentimental level (which is sounds like). And if you talking about the action part that proceeds it, definitely was topped during Hulk vs. Hulk-buster scene.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I aint reading through this whole thread....how ya'll feel about the origins of Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver? Basically taking mutants out of the equation due to not having the rights.
Didn't bother me. I knew they couldn't talk about them being mutants, so no need to get mad at them changing their origins. I just kind wished we got a troll line that kinda backhand mentions Magneto, Like anytime they would try to talk about their father, they would get cut-off, and you would see a fox walking in the distance. or something goofy like that.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
:comeon:
Vision lifting Thor's hammer trumps that scene if you just talking about on a sentimental level (which is sounds like). And if you talking about the action part that proceeds it, definitely was topped during Hulk vs. Hulk-buster scene.

comeon.png

Your opinion. Not mines. There's literally no build up to the Vision scene. It mostly happens off camera. He just hands him the shyt. "Oh. Okay." My theater laughed when it happened, because it came off as quirky or cutesy and not some :mindblown: shyt. There's a huge buildup to that aforementioned moment in the first Avengers. I'm talking about the entirety of that scene from the Hulk appearing to them being in a circle and the camera panning to all of them brandishing their weapons or powers, and becoming a team for the first time. Moreover, I'm not talking about action. I'm talking about something more abstract than that. Let's call it "movie magic." That feeling that you get when something happens on screen and you basically have an internal :wow: or :banderas:. I never had it. Not once. The closest was when Scarlet Witch walked out the door after that speech by Hawkeye.

If you feel differently. That's fine.