Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I liked it but didn't love it. 7/10.
What Marvel does best is the dialogue between characters when they are not fighting. I don't mind the jokes cause they are entertaining and what Marvel comic books are like for the most part. But really making all these super beings talk to one another, be self-referential and yet still credible is really a hard thing to pull off and Marvel seems to do it effortlessly.
My gripes are the drones of irrelevant robot or alien soldiers being fought again. It is getting really corny.
Underdevelopment of the villain again.
I think they rushed the creation of Ultron and Vision. Maybe not, gotta watch it again.
I actually think for the first time having a 'shared universe' really hurt a movie. If they would have spent more time developing Ultron instead of laying easter eggs all over the place it would have been a much better movie. Ultron needed like 15 - 20 more minutes of screen time, he didn't seem like the level of threat needed. I did like the characterization though, very funny. And he did come off like a kid.
I don't think Ultron was rushed, but Vision most definitely rushed

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
heres where the movie took a COMPLETE turn for the worse: up until the part where they go to wakanda and scarlett is mind warping them, it is 10/10 classic NO debating, UNTILLLL.... and this is the BIGGEST gripe of this movie that no one has mentioned, they get to hulk and instead of showing us his past like they did with everyone else, or at least what made him tick to transform, hes just bruce one minute and the raging hulk the next with NO explanation as to what exactly she did to make him alter. they spent so much time on those dark elements with everyone else, if they had JUST took ONE minute maybe even two to expand that, not only would it had gave the neccessary character development to bruce, but it would have been a MUCH bigger build up to the hulk vs tony fight. that fight is one of the films highlights and the way they just rush to it screams corporation move and is one my gripes with hollywood taking any and all soul from movies at the expense of makin sum got damn kid friendly action movie. well im saying fukk THE KIDS DISNEY, GIVE ME MY fukkIN COMIC BOOK MOVIE AND STOP RUSHING shyt THAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE CLASSIC. the single missing of this scene is what has caused this worldwide dissapointment in avengers. i was always pushing for this movie to be close to 3 hours long and now youre tellin me i gotta wait half a year for some thrown in directors cut to see the movie how it shoulda been showed in theatres, DISNEY fukk YOU. as a person who writes scripts from time to time, they dropped the ball with the lack of character development for bruce, BOTTOMLINE. theres NOTHING else even wrong with the movie, i could have accepted any other flaw HAD they not rushed into the hulk tony fight. that my friends is what caused this movie to fumble. sigh.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
heres where the movie took a COMPLETE turn for the worse: up until the part where they go to wakanda and scarlett is mind warping them, it is 10/10 classic NO debating, UNTILLLL.... and this is the BIGGEST gripe of this movie that no one has mentioned, they get to hulk and instead of showing us his past like they did with everyone else, or at least what made him tick to transform, hes just bruce one minute and the raging hulk the next with NO explanation as to what exactly she did to make him alter. they spent so much time on those dark elements with everyone else, if they had JUST took ONE minute maybe even two to expand that, not only would it had gave the neccessary character development to bruce, but it would have been a MUCH bigger build up to the hulk vs tony fight. that fight is one of the films highlights and the way they just rush to it screams corporation move and is one my gripes with hollywood taking any and all soul from movies at the expense of makin sum got damn kid friendly action movie. well im saying fukk THE KIDS DISNEY, GIVE ME MY fukkIN COMIC BOOK MOVIE AND STOP RUSHING shyt THAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE CLASSIC. the single missing of this scene is what has caused this worldwide dissapointment in avengers. i was always pushing for this movie to be close to 3 hours long and now youre tellin me i gotta wait half a year for some thrown in directors cut to see the movie how it shoulda been showed in theatres, DISNEY fukk YOU. as a person who writes scripts from time to time, they dropped the ball with the lack of character development for bruce, BOTTOMLINE. theres NOTHING else even wrong with the movie, i could have accepted any other flaw HAD they not rushed into the hulk tony fight. that my friends is what caused this movie to fumble. sigh.
nikka... We already know Bruce's story and we already know his fears:dahell:

We really didn't know shyt about Black Widows so hers was cool

Thor/Iron Mans were necessary for the story and future stories

Only one I didn't care for was Captain America's but it showed Agent Carter I guess. Talking about wanting to settle down and start a family, something he cannot do with her

You didn't need to see much to understand what set the Hulk off... In fact the images and fears were probably meant for the others while her intention for the hulk was just to trigger his rage and block out any attempts of control from Banner

HALLOWEEN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
http://i32.tinypic.com/ejvi9e.gif
I don't understand the Ultron hate...

He didn't kill enough people to be a threat? Come on....

Loki came through with an army and wanted to rule. Thats it, just rule. Ultron came a c*nt hair away from WIPING OUT LIFE ON THIS PLANET WITH ONE SHOT, and the only thing that stopped him was a robot version of a c00n.

My man fukked up J.A.R.V.I S.

Showed up at Avengers HQ just to tell all of them that he's gonna fukk them up.

Recruited Quicksilver and Jean Grey....I mean Scarlet Witch

.....And was spitting hot fire throughout the whole movie. Quotables everywhere.

Im down with Ultron

:russ::russ::russ:

Someone photo shop :mjpls: on vision

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I thought ultron was kinda weak breh. Definitely quotables but again thinly developed. I think joker was much better developed. Outside of kingpin and Loki this is still a weak spot for them and I can't figure out why

I figured it out ages ago and mentioned it somewhere in one of my analyses of this movie. Marvel makes movies that are about the hero, to the point where they sometimes/quite often treat the villain as nothing more than a stone for the hero to step over in his journey. To them, Tony dealing with the arc reactor in his chest that's slowly killing him, or Tony facing off against Whiplash who tries to turn his own tech against him, are both things he has to overcome. So in terms of the narrative they're trying to tell, they don't feel that Whiplash needs to be anything more than what he is, because the movie isn't about him. And since Marvel tends to pack a lot of plot into their movies to begin with (to stay with the IM2 example, you additionally got Rhodey fighting with Tony, Tony being taken to court, Justin Hammer, Pepper taking over the company, etc. etc.) they don't have much room left to develop the villain anyway.

Not saying that I agree with that mentality, especially when the villains become as interchangeable as Malekith the Accuser and Ronan the Accursed are (see what I did there, huh? Huh?), but that's the reason.

n00bsauce

Pro
Daps
Saw it last night.The amount of time they gave to BP's story was amazing. They really are gonna give him his due. I was hoping for a planet hulk movie, but it's probably gonna come back during the middle of civil war. 4 gems out in the open, time for two more. Thanos aka Barney the Purple Titan aka The Death Avatar aka The Biggest Loser aka The WOAT God aka I'll kill my own daughter for a piece of Death's ass laced up the gloves. He's about to bring the pain brehs.

Waiting for Adam Warlock and Captain Marvel's entrance

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just hope we get a proper directors cut on that bluray. I'm also glad them Russo Bros gonna handle Infinity War. Cap 3 gonna blow this flick out the water.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yo that movie looked straight stupid, everyone in my theater was laughing but not in a good way, I stopped checking for sandler back in the early 2000s, the only reason i saw grownup was because of chris rock

it was the opposite in the theater i was in: everyone laughed in a good way....i'm not saying it's the best looking movie every, but the shyt looks funny, stupid, and will be a fun however long the movie is....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought ultron was kinda weak breh. Definitely quotables but again thinly developed. I think joker was much better developed. Outside of kingpin and Loki this is still a weak spot for them and I can't figure out why

i think it's cause marvel/disney not trying to stray too far away from family friendly, and they dont wanna cross that line....which they would kinda have to with some of the marvel villains to really make them feel like villains...so to avoid that, they've just made the villains look and talk tough/mean/scary, but their actions havent been too questionable....

that's one reason i'm nervous about how they gonna do thanos...it's gonna be hard to make him family friendly without neutering the character....i mean, the little things he's done, have been more fukked up than what they've shown in the films so far...

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
This movie makes me concerned for Dr. Strange. They don't have to show complete genocide on the screen, but it felt like such a cop-out on how certain things were framed and scripted, in terms of deaths, and tonally, it wasn't anywhere close to how fukked up Ultron was in the comics. This character massacred an entire country (and used their bodies) just to taunt the Avengers and prove a point. Here, outside of the labs, you don't see him or his robots doing shyt to people. Cho eats a damn near point blank finger laser to the chest, and is fine? The same beams that are knocking around The Avengers, huh? :comeon:They start out a cool horror movie sequence with Wanda and then...do absolutely nothing with it after that scene. :scust: Like someone told Josh that shyt might be 3Scurry4kids, and to dial back on the "Cabin In The Woods" shyt. Strange is all about cosmic and otherworldly horror, and they have yet to commit with any of these stories.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
i think it's cause marvel/disney not trying to stray too far away from family friendly, and they dont wanna cross that line....which they would kinda have to with some of the marvel villains to really make them feel like villains...so to avoid that, they've just made the villains look and talk tough/mean/scary, but their actions havent been too questionable....

that's one reason i'm nervous about how they gonna do thanos...it's gonna be hard to make him family friendly without neutering the character....i mean, the little things he's done, have been more fukked up than what they've shown in the films so far...

Winter Soldier killed plenty of people on screen in The Winter Soldier and was very ruthless :yeshrug:. I think the reason why Ultron's kill count wasn't that high was because this movie made a point about them being able to save everyone. I mean the climax of the movie isn't even a battle like the last movie, it was an evacuation with The Avengers focusing on the people instead of the villain. It reminded me of what Sam Raimi did in his first two Spider-Man films.

Last edited:

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
SW00013-720x300.jpg

What happened to her?