Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I realized that I don't really give a fukk about the "Everything Is Connected!" part of the MCU. I have never been a huge continuity Nazi when it comes to the comics and I am even less so when it comes to these movies.
I didn't mind not having any reference to anything that happened in Iron Man 3, the banner/Natasha instant relationship stuff didn't bother me, the whole SHIELD part...none of it irked me as far as not keeping continuity with what came before.

It's not so much the continuity as much as its the character development. Tony went through a lot in iron man 3 to make him decide he was done and done tinkering so it would've been nice to see what put him back in the game

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DC villains try to be too dark all the time. Ultron was kinda of a mix, he actually reminded me of a Disney villain more than a marvel one. I was upset with ultron as well.... Only because it wasn't really ultron from the comics as I remember him.

Then I got to thinking, and the reason for that is probably because ultron and Thanos would have way to many similarities if they just did ultron how he's suppose to be. People sleep on how powerful ultron is. You wouldn't really guess that from this movie, but he's still an infant.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Characters that perfectly represented their comic book alter ego's

Vision
Quicksilver
Cap
Thor
Hawkeye
Hulk

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
DC villains try to be too dark all the time. Ultron was kinda of a mix, he actually reminded me of a Disney villain more than a marvel one. I was upset with ultron as well.... Only because it wasn't really ultron from the comics as I remember him.

Then I got to thinking, and the reason for that is probably because ultron and Thanos would have way to many similarities if they just did ultron how he's suppose to be. People sleep on how powerful ultron is. You wouldn't really guess that from this movie, but he's still an infant.

Villains are supposed to be dark tho breh; there should be a good contrast between them and the heroes. I wouldn't say DC movie villains are too dark but they have been better developed for the most part from Ra's to Zod; they've all had their own motivations, their own flaws, their own desires and have shown no limits in what they will do to accomplish those goals and more importantly, they aren't punchlines. Marvel, at times, treats it's heels the way Vince McMahon treats his right now: they're simply there to be the butt of the jokes for the heroes rather than impose any real danger

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
could you guys who are deep into the comics answer this...what is the main difference between the avengers characters in the comics compared to how they are potrayed in the movies

Im asking about nick fury (i know in the comics he is white)
Ironman
Hulk
Cap
Thor
black widow
hawkeye

also Ive heard that this lineup wasnt even the original avengers in the comics so who were the originals and why do you think they didnt make a movie based on the original characters.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After Winter Soldier an AOU, I feel like watching 10 new Captain America movies right now :banderas:

How they transformed him into a dope and compelling character is nothing short of amazing :wow:

The reason him and tony are so liked is because they are pretty much exactly like they are in the movies as they are in the comics.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I've had time to let it marinate and this movie was GREAT. Easily, it was better than the first Avengers.

First, my gripes
1. That whole opening sequence in the snow had some horrible CGI. It was better by the time they got to the base, though.
2. Widow & Hulk - While it does make some sense, I could've gone without.
3. I wish they use field names, more.

I think it did an excellent job of showing every character's motivation. For those that are complaining about IM# Tony and AOU Tony, they are the same. Stark is a tinkerer, always trying to protect the world in the way that he sees fit. But he has an ego, so while he wants to give up the Iron Man, he currently sees it necessary until he's able to finish the next step - Ultron - a program that was created by them, but once he was given that alien sentience, it morphed their OG program. How can people not see that Ultron was a major threat? He was an AI sentient bent on annihilating the world, to make it better.

There's a lot of inclusion of the MCU as a whole. I also love how they set up the Tony vs Cap storyline. They clearly have opposing views on how to save the world, and with Tony now funding the new SHIELD, it makes sense for the Civil War. Agents of SHIELD (wish hey'd shown one of them on the HC), Agent Carter (Wudiw Training facility), the body for a sentient being already being in development by Amadeus/Helen Cho and possibly Pym, Ragnarok, Thor mentioning 4 Infinity Gems so he knows about Guardians, Klaw/Wakanda/BP. I think Ruffalo is really channeling the Bill Bixby David Banner. Banner is constantly tormented by Hulk's actions. Maybe they shoot him into space at the end of Civil War.

I love the addition of Vision, Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch, War Machine being called to the majors, Amadeus (Helen) Cho.

OH, and the team-up combos. There were more than just Thor/Cap. Does anyone have a screenshot of the new Falcon costume?

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Just seen it
I liked it a lot and the movie was fun
However Comic Book Ultron >>>>>> Movie Ultron.......
There was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many one liners that felt force, unlike Avengers 1.......
Umm what happened to Quicksilver at the end......

7/10, I'm personally glad Whedon is not doing the next one.

the truth is: you see his limitations as a film maker.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I liked it but didn't love it. 7/10.
What Marvel does best is the dialogue between characters when they are not fighting. I don't mind the jokes cause they are entertaining and what Marvel comic books are like for the most part. But really making all these super beings talk to one another, be self-referential and yet still credible is really a hard thing to pull off and Marvel seems to do it effortlessly.
My gripes are the drones of irrelevant robot or alien soldiers being fought again. It is getting really corny.
Underdevelopment of the villain again.
I think they rushed the creation of Ultron and Vision. Maybe not, gotta watch it again.
I actually think for the first time having a 'shared universe' really hurt a movie. If they would have spent more time developing Ultron instead of laying easter eggs all over the place it would have been a much better movie. Ultron needed like 15 - 20 more minutes of screen time, he didn't seem like the level of threat needed. I did like the characterization though, very funny. And he did come off like a kid.