Avengers 5 : Doomsday

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I just don't understand this. Is this their way of having RDJ playing DOOM for 2 movies, and then they get him to come back as IRON MAN?

Because of what happened with Majors they decided to go with Doom as the new villain.

Disney shareholders were worried about The Avenger franchise and wanted RDJ back.

RDJ only wants to come back if he's being given new material and a lotta cash.

Disney need RDJ to at least look familiar to the casual viewer.

Dr Doom and Iron Man already overlap.

So they make him Doom.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
The more I think about this, the more I realize the execution is worse than the decision when it comes to casting RDJ as Doom. Imagine if they revealed this like they used to: in an after credits scene or in the movie. They could’ve made this a Darth Vader level reveal. Imagine Doom being masked up the whole avengers movie and during the final conflict Spider-Man knocks his mask off to reveal RDJ, and we find out at the same time as the characters that this Doom is a Tony Variant. That would be a lot cooler than just using this as hype.
This is an amazing way to go
But
In this day and age, having Doom as a mystery cast not to be revealed until the movie (named after him) is damn near impossible
We're talking top 2 marvel villain ever
Would never be kept under wraps

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The more I think about this, the more I realize the execution is worse than the decision when it comes to casting RDJ as Doom. Imagine if they revealed this like they used to: in an after credits scene or in the movie. They could’ve made this a Darth Vader level reveal. Imagine Doom being masked up the whole avengers movie and during the final conflict Spider-Man knocks his mask off to reveal RDJ, and we find out at the same time as the characters that this Doom is a Tony Variant. That would be a lot cooler than just using this as hype.

This was a BUSINESS DECISION by Disney not a creative decision.

They need to generate interest in the next Avengers movie and need a guarantee that it's going to be a hit financially.

That's why they've had to announce that Mr MCU (RDJ) is back to the casual viewer who are the people who will decide whether this movie is a hit or not.

And RDJ's face won't be covered for more than 2 minutes worth of screen time because it needs to be clear when promoting the movie that RDJ is the star of this movie.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
In a multiverse, one universe, Doom takes over Tony Starks body, technology, resources.

Tony Starks becomes Victor in Latvia losing all resources and becoming an alcoholic.

Starks defeats Doom (kinda but not really/ tricks him) and gets his body back. Maybe he'll forge a team with the young avengers.

There's been multiple stories where Doom has switched bodies with other heroes, one being Reed Richard to trick the fantastic four.

Doom probably has access to the multiverse by Kang (replaced by a different actor).

Doom and Kang will probably be in cahoots against the avengers disenfranchised.

This will be there way of slowly bringing back the original avengers for secret wars. This Tony Starks is from another universe after Tony's death in end game. Deadpool introduces some of the mutants. They'll have full rights by 2027 to reintroduce the new X-Men with a logical reset I assume.
only way they do this, is if they hire you or you are secretly a writer for marvel. cuz track record shows they dont have this level of writing (im not even hyping you up) in their bag :russ:

yall might be helping them out. they prolly got interns searching the net for possible ways to make this shyt not be ass

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
they prolly got interns searching the net for possible ways to make this shyt not be ass

they brought a proven writer back :ufdup: .

Screenshot-2024-07-31-at-13-12-12.png

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps

There's really no way RDJ on set isn't leaked before that

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
These types of posts always make me laugh. :mjlol:

"I'M LEAVING!" :birdman:

...unless this, this, or this happens :feedme:
"Done With Marvel Gang" is growing stronger. :banderas:

All it took was RDJ coming back in a half ass way for nikkas to unpack them tents and start camping in the MCU threads again. :mjlol:

I love it.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
And RDJ's face won't be covered for more than 2 minutes worth of screen time because it needs to be clear when promoting the movie that RDJ is the star of this movie.
It kills me that people have this disconnect. It's not just advertising.

"I paid my money, I demand to see his face!!!"

fukking Lawrence as Mystique, everyone in Endgame because no one keeps their fukking masks/helmets on in those films, Bale as Gorr, etc...

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
It kills me that people have this disconnect. It's not just advertising.

"I paid my money, I demand to see his face!!!"

fukking Lawrence as Mystique, everyone in Endgame because no one keeps their fukking masks/helmets on in those films, Bale as Gorr, etc...
Karl Urban had to fight to not show his face in Dredd. I think it’s in these actors contracts, that their faces must be shown.