Avatar: The Last Airbender is hitting Netflix on May 15th

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I heard they may be doing another live action version of this, but as a TV show?

:whoa:

I hope they don't. So much of this show's charm and appeal is because of the animation, and there's just so much that can be conveyed through animation that wouldn't be nearly as good in live action.

I think the show is perfect as is and they should leave it alone. But if anything, just do some sort of continuation as an animated series following the events the are in the books that followed season 3.

Leave the live action idea the fukk alone. It just doesn't lend itself well to this show. The best it could ever be is a less good version of what we already have. Stop with the cash grabs.

:snoop:

It's already greenlit and coming out on Netflix. OG writers and creators are on board. I'm actually interested :yeshrug: Can't be worse than the movie.

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
Iroh is Zuko's dad as far as I'm concerned :mjcry: so many great character dynamics and top tier worldbuilding, I always loved how each tribes culture tied into their element
That scene where Iroh was explaining to Zuko the ways of all the elements is one of my favourite scenes.
"Winter, spring, summer and fall, four seasons, foooour loves"
:banderas:
Get that man a recording contract.

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I had Toph second to only Azula when it came to bending before this rewatch but now I feel like I'm underrating Katara. I will say Katara got more individual scenes to display her skills. Her bending came a long way in S3. Still don't think I can rank her over Toph though.
Toph is 3 but Katara seriously had a jump between s2 to s 3 my girl could stop rain:ohhh:She may be 1a to 1 b against Azula. Granted Azula was obviously pointed out to be off but, Katara did face her in the cavern and almost took her down before Zuko intervened:whoo:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
That scene where Iroh was explaining to Zuko the ways of all the elements is one of my favourite scenes.
I'd love to see a Prime Lotus mini series or something just to see how they cut loose back in the day:mjlol:

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
yup one of my favs too, crazy that the show was created by 2 white guys and it can have this simple take on all these complex themes for kids :pachaha:

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I had Toph second to only Azula when it came to bending before this rewatch but now I feel like I'm underrating Katara. I will say Katara got more individual scenes to display her skills. Her bending came a long way in S3. Still don't think I can rank her over Toph though.
Toph was a genius in every sense shes a blind 12 year old and was already the strongest earthbender on the show

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: I think Bumi has her on experience. But Toph pretty much invented metal bending so I dunno.

A match for the ages. Bumi crazy smart and is in great shape but he still over 100 yrs. old his reflexes are gonna have to be on point with no mistakes for someone like Toph. I'll never forget how she ran through and cleaned up the palace guards in Ba Sing Se. :wow:

Last edited: