Australian plays Madden and finds it fun, makes NFL roster 1 year later.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
He actually did come in the league at 6'6 260

He was athletic enough but not skillful enough to play in the nba. How Is this a knock against football?

What role would he fill? 5 positions vs 22. Come on this is some terrible troll bait
so a medicore basketball player went on to become a HOF TE in football. you've just made the case :win:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This thread just reminded why football is the GOAT :wow:.

Take people from all different backgrounds, different completely separate skillsets and make them a cohesive unit :lawd:.

Such a blend of unique athletes
No sport in the world like it:banderas:

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He actually did come in the league at 6'6 260

He was athletic enough but not skillful enough to play in the nba. How Is this a knock against football?

What role would he fill? 5 positions vs 22. Come on this is some terrible troll bait
He came into the league 6'6" 260 because he went on a bulk and filled out his body to be able to fulfill NFL requirements.

The college Tony G in that pic is nowhere near as big. He was built like a Justise Winslow. And if he was truly good enough to play at an NBA level he would've stayed the size he was in college. Your argument makes 0 sense. You're using their height/weight after training themselves to be ready for the NFL as some kind of crutch to explain why they wouldn't be able to play in the NBA. It would be like me trying to say LeBron is too thin to play in the NFL when anyone with a brain understands that if he were to go that route he'd bulk up and pack on an extra 20-30. Go ahead and go look at what all the basketball to football converts looked like before lacing up the cleats. They were noticeably smaller.

FSP

Banned
Daps
He came into the league 6'6" 260 because he went on a bulk and filled out his body to be able to fulfill NFL requirements.

The college Tony G in that pic is nowhere near as big. He was built like a Justise Winslow. And if he was truly good enough to play at an NBA level he would've stayed the size he was in college. Your argument makes 0 sense. You're using their height/weight after training themselves to be ready for the NFL as some kind of crutch to explain why they wouldn't be able to play in the NBA. It would be like me trying to say LeBron is too thin to play in the NFL when anyone with a brain understands that if he were to go that route he'd bulk up and pack on an extra 20-30. Go ahead and go look at what all the basketball to football converts looked like before lacing up the cleats. They were noticeably smaller.
You act like Tony Gonzalez never played football until he graduated college or something

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
:sas1:None of them PF would be HOF TE their size is the only reason they'd even be in the NFL, meanwhile...

objdunk.jpg

Cool.....

Odell Beckham vertical - 38.5"
Jordan Farmar vertical - 42.0" (Farmar is taller too :russ: )

What am I supposed to be seeing here?
Am I supposed to be impressed? :jbhmm:

He couldn't cut it in basketball, switched over to Football with very little training and is a star, thank you for helping me :blessed:

d.j.stephens.jpg

46" vertical, couldn't even make the NBA, he should have tried out for the NFL since he's 6'5" and jumps higher than anyone that has ever played in it.

Odell Megatron Graham Patrick Peterson Gronk and Watt would all be better at those sports than a NBA player would be at football and we all know baseball players couldn't hang in the NFL.

Gronk would be a better basketball player than football player? :dead:

He's 6'7" 255lbs and is called "undersized" for the NBA, he's a better athlete than Gronk as highlighted by that struggle dunk you showed :dead:

6'5" 260lbs and far more explosive than that shytty dunk of Gronk :dead: These guys could have transitioned to football like Gates, Gonzalez or Graham, but they can make more money playing in the NBA. We know for a fact guys that played basketball and are around 6'5-6'7" and 230-260lbs can make the switch to TE in football, that is a fact, everything you've posted is assumption. The undersized NBA power forward is 6'7" 245-260lbs with a 35-40" vertical, Gronk had a 33" vertical.....the perfect NFL TE is probably in the NBA right now and doesn't even know it.

:usure:Real football is global besides the CFL and the defunct NFL Europe there's a current league in Europe (European Football League) and a world cup (IFAF World Championship) is held every 4 years that has countries from Europe along wit Canada Australia Japan South Korea Brazil and Mexico participatin, smarten up.

:dead: @ Real Football, sorry but the shyt with the odd shaped ball is not real football, and it's far from global. It's participation rates are under 3 million globally, meanwhile the real football is played by 2.6 billion people, while roughly 1 billion people have played basketball :dead: fukk otta here. Nobody outside of the US gives a fukk about handegg, 98% of the viewers for the Superbowl were in the US, the other 2% was from Canada & US bases abroad.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always thought that, in general, football had the best athletes but you need less skill to play it compared to other sports like basketball & baseball ( :scusthov: )
#1 skill you need is heart.

This ain't no p*ssy game.

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So basically yall are saying NFL athletics ain't shyt cause NBA players could be amazing TEs.................:shaq2:
No one is denying that the NFL has incredible athletes.

What we're saying is that the game takes very little skill outside of 2 positions (QB/kickers.)

Cream of the crop athletes from every sport could come into the NFL for tryouts and have a legitimate shot because the sport requires so little skill. But even the freakiest of the NFL's freak athletes couldn't just walk onto an NBA court, an NHL rink, an EPL pitch, because those sports require immense amounts of skill that're cultivated over years on top of being athletic.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
How is that fact that football can utilize a plethora of skillsets a reason to act as tho they don't have athletes? It just shows they have a variety of athletes. If you come from a soccer background, a rugby background, a baseball background or a basketball background, there is a way for you to be utilized on a football field.

If you came from bball that means you must be tall, have good hands, and leaping ability. That shows you have the tools to be a TE or Wr.

If you come from soccer that means you have a big leg and could be a kicker or punter. Maybe even a skill position if you have the speed.

If you come from baseball you might have a big arm. Might be a good qb.

If you come from rugby you could be a good returner or RB cause of the similarities in the open field.

Football has a little something for every type of athlete
:wow: so basically you can play almost any sport and succeed in football. but if you play football you'll probably be trash in another sport :wow:

the evidence is piling up, its beginning to get overwhelming :banderas:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Cool.....

Odell Beckham vertical - 38.5"
Jordan Farmar vertical - 42.0" (Farmar is taller too :russ: )

What am I supposed to be seeing here?
Am I supposed to be impressed? :jbhmm:

He couldn't cut it in basketball, switched over to Football with very little training and is a star, thank you for helping me :blessed:

d.j.stephens.jpg

46" vertical, couldn't even make the NBA, he should have tried out for the NFL since he's 6'5" and jumps higher than anyone that has ever played in it.

Gronk would be a better basketball player than football player? :dead:

He's 6'7" 255lbs and is called "undersized" for the NBA, he's a better athlete than Gronk as highlighted by that struggle dunk you showed :dead:

6'5" 260lbs and far more explosive than that shytty dunk of Gronk :dead: These guys could have transitioned to football like Gates, Gonzalez or Graham, but they can make more money playing in the NBA.

:dead: @ Real Football, sorry but the shyt with the odd shaped ball is not real football, and it's far from global. It's participation rates are under 3 million globally, meanwhile the real football is played by 2.6 billion people, while roughly 1 billion people have played basketball :dead: fukk otta here. Nobody outside of the US gives a fukk about handegg, 98% of the viewers for the Superbowl were in the US, the other 2% was from Canada & US bases abroad.

:dwillhuh:Brah who cares that people outside of the U.S. Don't play football?? Why is that such a harping point? That doesn't matter and there are cultural and more importantly economic reasons for this fact that are being blatantly ignored in this thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Not to LoL @ at the countless number of mobile black qb's in college, who switch to a polar opposite position like db or wr just to a make team in the NFL...
oh lord lets not even get on that.

nikkas can literally switch from major positions to remain in the NFL

your honor, i think we are ready to end, case closed :banderas:

imagine steph curry being trash and saying, coach lemme switch to center so i can stay on the team :sadcam:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:wow: so basically you can play almost any sport and succeed in football. but if you play football you'll probably be trash in another sport :wow:

the evidence is piling up, its beginning to get overwhelming :banderas:
Dude this thread was about was literally the best player in his sport breh

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
:dwillhuh:Brah who cares that people outside of the U.S. Don't play football?? Why is that such a harping point? That doesn't matter and there are cultural and more importantly economic reasons for this fact that are being blatantly ignored in this thread

Because there's more to the world than the US :wtf:

You gonna be the dude that has a son that is basically a prodigy as far as his reaction times, nerves and skill when it comes to driving, but since you don't care about the rest of the world you wont get him started on the path to being an F1 driver because you won't know or care about it :francis: A sport where the top dudes end up with $800 million at the end of their careers......