Australian plays Madden and finds it fun, makes NFL roster 1 year later.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Fact is we've seen countless failed basketball players dominate the NFL and become stars, sometimes without ever having even played football prior to making an NFL roster, but you can't name one, not one, failed football player who did anything of note in the NBA, or even made a roster for that matter. :yeshrug:
What nfl player is even going to be tall enough?

The average height is 6'5 in the NBA. If you're 6'5 in the NFL you are a lineman or a 260 lb DE..maybe a wideout or a QB.

You have to be genetically gifted to even sniff the NBA.

Meanwhile if you have the genetic skill set and you can take a hit, catch and play under pressure it's much easier to make an NFL squad due to having special traits.

I'm not even getting what the argument is here. It's like asking if more nfl players can play golf, than golf players could compete in NFL. Two totally different sports, who cares

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What nfl player is even going to be tall enough?

The average height is 6'5 in the NBA. If you're 6'5 in the NFL you are a lineman or a 260 lb DE..maybe a wideout or a QB.

You have to be genetically gifted to even sniff the NBA.

Meanwhile if you have the genetic skill set and you can take a hit, catch and play under pressure it's much easier to make an NFL squad due to having special traits.

I'm not even getting what the argument is here. It's like asking if more nfl players can play golf, than golf players could compete in NFL. Two totally different sports, who cares
Pretty much every (tall) wideout and TE in the NFL has NBA size and length. :dahell:

They just don't have the skill. :heh:

Stack Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:mjpls:@ the cacs in here exposin themselves

What a joke of a sport :dead:

Imagine someone trying to play in Liga or Premier and touching a REAL football for the first time at 27, or picking up a basketball at 27 and making a roster, or throwing on boxing gloves at 27 and becoming a champ.
Dude was a world class rugby player which is a very similar sport to football and tried out as a runnin back meanin he only has to carry the ball and run wit it just like he did in rugby so it wasn't that much of a transition, he has all the skill and attributes for football plus the league has 32 teams each wit a 53 man roster and even wit all that he still barely made the cut. If he was tryna play a highly skilled position like QB or Cornerback he wouldn't come close to bein in the NFL.

Because there skill set is rare and it fits the position :dwillhuh:. There aren't a surplus of 6'8" 240+ pound nikkas that can run and jump in the world. I guarantee we ain't seeing a failed NBA player become a hof qb tho cause the skillset isn't there
Exactly cats in here actin like football is like basketball wit every player basically doin the same things football has a number of different positions each wit their own separate qualifications, sure a talented all pro from rugby could be good at RB in football cause it suits his skill or a PF in basketball could play Tight End cause of his size but the Quarterback/Conerback positions require a ton of specific skills and take a lifetime of trainin to be good at so you'd never see someone makin the jump and bein successful playin those positions.

We ain't seeing a failed NFL player make it to the NBA at all in any capacity, meanwhile dudes like Westbrook and Bledsoe could probably be receivers, damn near every athletic undersized PF in the league would become a HOF TE :russ:
:sas1:None of them PF would be HOF TE their size is the only reason they'd even be in the NFL, meanwhile...

objdunk.jpg

9f74c-calvindun.gif

jimmy-graham-dunk-4.gif

db_39_110301_blog.jpg

Not to mention that dude a few years back showin off his crazy vertical in practice (can't remember who it was but nikka had serious ups) and JJ Watt would be a All Star baseball player too

073015_mlbn_JJWatt_BP_med_w15twbs7.gif

073015_laahou_watt_homers_med_fix_w0jp7le0.gif

:sas2:

Odell Megatron Graham Patrick Peterson Gronk and Watt would all be better at those sports than a NBA player would be at football and we all know baseball players couldn't hang in the NFL.

Nah, the real Football, Basketball and boxing are the goat, I don't recognize local sports for GOAT status, if it's not played globally I ain't trying to hear it.
There's also a reason no place on the planet outside of the US fukks with it, meanwhile Hockey, Baseball & Basketball all have footholds outside the US.
:usure:Real football is global besides the CFL and the defunct NFL Europe there's a current league in Europe (European Football League) and a world cup (IFAF World Championship) is held every 4 years that has countries from Europe along wit Canada Australia Japan South Korea Brazil and Mexico participatin, smarten up.

Lebron in the NFL :banderas:

Tom Brady in the NBA :mjlol:
Brady a cac that ain't athletic tho and judgin from yall sayin NFL players can't make it in the NBA yall must be unathletic and white too, basketball is the easiest sport to play I been great at it my whole life wit no trainin and no one teachin me how to play the shyt came easy to me like most black folks. And if you a big buy on top of that like I am then you could definitely be in the NBA, I never even tried out for basketball but I could always do the shyt I seen the pros do on tv (and some they couldn't like make FTs:shaq2:I don't get how anyone can't shoot especially free throws). But football is different runnin and catchin is easy as is throwin to a certain extent but bein a great thrower like elite QBs or defendin like cover corners ain't somethin anyone can do, you can't watch it on tv then go out and do it the way they do without puttin in a lifetime of work.

360Waves

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Because they didn't play basketball?
Ergo the point of the thread.

Outside of the quarterback and kicker position football takes virtually zero skill, and this is coming from someone whose first sport was football growing up. You don't have to have football experience to become a football pro, it is damn near the only professional sport that can say this.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Ergo the point of the thread.

Outside of the quarterback and kicker position football takes virtually zero skill, and this is coming from someone whose first sport was football growing up. You don't have to have football experience to become a football pro, it is damn near the only professional sport that can say this.
Then youre stupid, and you belong on the field then, and not arguing with coli members with actual triple digit iqs. It's called translatable skill. You're not coming off the couch playing NFL football. Just because you play basketball doesn't mean you cant develop football skill.
Meanwhile, What position in football requires you to dribble?

This argument is just all over the place. Tony Gonzales was 6'6 280 lbs. What position in basketball will you fill at 6'6 280?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
To be fair, Rugby XIII is kinda close to American Football so it's not really like he completely changed of universe. Also Rugby XIII is not the rugby everybody "knows" (that would be Rugby XV) and like American Football, it's very specific to a couple of countries (Aussie, NZ, England and Maori countries).

But I'll let you guys go at it, I was just passing by :whoa:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
To be fair, Rugby XIII is kinda close to American Football so it's not really like he completely changed of universe. Also Rugby XIII is not the rugby everybody "knows" (that would be Rugby XV) and like American Football, it's very specific to a couple of countries (Aussie, NZ, England and Maori countries).

But I'll let you guys go at it, I was just passing by :whoa:
Don't come in talking sense breh:whoa:

Strictly no sense zone:whoa:

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If someone is talented enough to play two sports, they never pick the NFL as their first choice. Joe Mauer was the best high-school football player in the country and instead went to play in the MLB and win MVP :wow:

360Waves

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Then youre stupid, and you belong on the field then, and not arguing with coli members with actual triple digit iqs. It's called translatable skill. You're not coming off the couch playing NFL football. Just because you play basketball doesn't mean you cant develop football skill.
Meanwhile, What position in football requires you to dribble?

This argument is just all over the place. Tony Gonzales was 6'6 280 lbs. What position in basketball will you fill at 6'6 280?
Yeah Tony Gonzalez just showed up to the NFL 6'6" 260. :rudy:This was Tony G in college.
1396195_crop_650x440.jpg

Pre-NFL roids. That's an "NBA ready" body for a 6'6" wing. Fact is, he just wasn't that good at basketball.:francis:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
If someone is talented enough to play two sports, they never pick the NFL as their first choice. Joe Mauer was the best high-school football player in the country and instead went to play in the MLB and win MVP :wow:
I love football and hate baseball but if I was a stud in both there's no way I'd pick football. The physicality and the money is the difference.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Yeah Tony Gonzalez just showed up to the NFL 6'6" 260. :rudy:This was Tony G in college.
1396195_crop_650x440.jpg

Pre-NFL roids. That's an "NBA ready" body for a 6'6" wing. Fact is, he just wasn't that good at basketball.:francis:
He actually did come in the league at 6'6 260

He was athletic enough but not skillful enough to play in the nba. How Is this a knock against football?

What role would he fill? 5 positions vs 22. Come on this is some terrible troll bait