Australian plays Madden and finds it fun, makes NFL roster 1 year later.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm gonna disagree with you on that.....

The only skill positions that requires a considerable amount of skill and discipline that's comparable to basketball is QB and middle linebacker. The other positions are tough to play mostly because of the competition on a physical level, rather than skill, although skill and experience factors into it a lot. To be able to handle a ball, read defenders, and make jumpshots at a reliable rate takes 5+ years to do consistently for most people, whereas you could probably learn most of the techniques you need to know for your position in 2/3 years.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
No one is denying that the NFL has incredible athletes.

What we're saying is that the game takes very little skill outside of 2 positions (QB/kickers.)

Cream of the crop athletes from every sport could come into the NFL for tryouts and have a legitimate shot because the sport requires so little skill. But even the freakiest of the NFL's freak athletes couldn't just walk onto an NBA court, an NHL rink, an EPL pitch, because those sports require immense amounts of skill that're cultivated over years on top of being athletic.
But this is because the sport has so many very different positions. Let's be real, if every position on a football field was a QB, the NFL would be much more selective. In basketball and soccer every player must be proficient with there tool (basketball, soccer ball). Football there is only one position where you must know how to throw the ball. There are 2 positions where you have to know how to kick the ball. 2 to 3 positions where you must know how to run with the ball. And offensive line, and all the defensive players don't need to know how to handle a football at all. Football is much more specialized with very specific roles

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
But this is because the sport has so many very different positions. Let's be real, if every position on a football field was a QB, the NFL would be much more selective. In basketball and soccer every player must be proficient with there tool (basketball, soccer ball). Football there is only one position where you must know how to throw the ball. There are 2 positions where you have to know how to kick the ball. 2 to 3 positions where you must know how to run with the ball. And offensive line, and all the defensive players don't need to know how to handle a football at all. Football is much more specialized with very specific roles

Do your job- Belichick

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
oh lord lets not even get on that.

nikkas can literally switch from major positions to remain in the NFL

your honor, i think we are ready to end, case closed :banderas:

imagine steph curry being trash and saying, coach lemme switch to center so i can stay on the team :sadcam:
actually I just about thot about it, this happens all the time in the nba as welll.......

Depenidng on the coaching:
Undersized centers become pf's.....

PG's become SG's
SG's become PG's
SF's become SG's
etc.....

Doesn't always workout, the only reason its more frequent in the nfl is because there's more positions to swap from.....

But a PG isn't going play the 5, unless they're on some LBJ or NBA 2k myplayer steeze.
Just like an offensive linemen isnt going magically start doing kickoffs or play safety....

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
actually I just about thot about it, this happens all the time in the nba as welll.......

Depenidng on the coaching:
Undersized centers become pf's.....

PG's become SG's
SG's become PG's
SF's become SG's
etc.....

Doesn't always workout, the only reason its more frequent in the nfl is because there's more positions to swap from.....

But a PG isn't going play the 5, unless they're on some LBJ or NBA 2k myplayer steeze.
Just like an offensive linemen isnt going magically start doing kickoffs or play safety....
thot :mjlol:

:yeshrug: those position switches are more like slot wr to outside. or corner to saftey. they are still somewhat similar.

but QB to WR. WR to DB. Dline to TE :mjlol:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Because there's more to the world than the US :wtf:

You gonna be the dude that has a son that is basically a prodigy as far as his reaction times, nerves and skill when it comes to driving, but since you don't care about the rest of the world you wont get him started on the path to being an F1 driver because you won't know or care about it :francis: A sport where the top dudes end up with $800 million at the end of their careers......
It has nothing to do with not caring about the world. I'd love being as globally minded as possible. If I could I'd let my son play ever sport under the sun. But why would I let that dictate WHAT I PERSONALLY ENJOY. That doesn't make sense. Why destroy individuality for the purpose of appeasing the world? It's not like I'm sitting here bashing any sports. Im open to all sports even ones it acknowledged by singular countries. Let's not forget who's the one dismissing a sport because it's not popular enough :francis:

FSP

Banned
Daps
If NFL players are the best athletes, why can't they transition :jbhmm:
You got it all wrong.

Nfl athletes are the best because of how they well they can perform at their size, not because their talents translate into basketball specifically. You can make the argument for basketball players too but why we acting like they are comparable

If anything 5 positions vs 22 positions is all i need to say to answer your question but that makes too much sense for you I guess

If anything basketball is easier to pick up and play and get good at because you can learn most of the skill sets you need playing alone or 1-on-1.

Football you need a squad, helmet, shoulder, pads, gridiron

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Messi would be the greatest kicker that has ever played in the NFL :mjpls:

Are there ANY NFL players that could play in Liga? :jbhmm:

Who cares? The skill set for kicking in football isn't highly demanded