August will be a HUGE month in America. Why? Student loan debt

If you have SL debt, are you ready to resume paymens?

• Yes

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • I've been making payments even with the pause/relief

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
nor is israel, ukraine or bailing out billionaires but politicians still do it
why can the common man get a break?

I'm simply saying people with student loan debt ain't the working class.
You get rid of that one debt and they are living much bettter.

wastedmermaid

Superstar
Daps
So, if all student loan debt is eliminated in August, will the student loan cycle just begin again the next day or is the plan to make college free?

Because if only current student loan debt is eliminated, won’t the debt cycle just start again and in 10+ yrs we’ll be back here arguing about canceling student loan debt like they did back in 2023?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'm expecting a 6-3 ruling that Biden cannot cancel Student Loans on his own and it has to come from Congress. It will be the clearest reminder of why elections matter.
It was never going to happen even if Democrats were in office as the lobbyist behind the scenes won’t let it. Who do you think is influencing the decision now?

One of these days people are going to realize that lobbyist have been in cahoots with the government and even the SC all this time.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
So, if all student loan debt is eliminated in August, will the student loan cycle just begin again the next day or is the plan to make college free?

Because if only current student loan debt is eliminated, won’t the debt cycle just start again and in 10+ yrs we’ll be back here arguing about canceling student loan debt like they did back in 2023?
He also included things to help it not spiral out of control again. There’s gonna be a payment plan that stops interest from accruing if you pay it on time.

Daps

it's not for all student debt. the max cancellation for this issue is 20k... a lot of people involved still owe more than that, some people up to 100ks. this point that people will still be paying loans makes a lot of naysayers issues moot tbh

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
nor is israel, ukraine or bailing out billionaires but politicians still do it
why can the common man get a break?
The common man didn't go to college. I'm a grad but there are real blinders on people who are incredulous at why this isn't a slam dunk.

I support SL forgiveness, but there is so much focus on debt elimination that people don't realize that kids are signing up for loans next week :martin:

If Biden made public college free without forgiving student loans, you brehs would still be crying. This isn't about the common man