Audio: Saigon disses Rick Ross and Big Sean (Update: Saigon responds)

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
Even his older shyt when he was younger like Warning shots had songs with a purpose someone explain to me how shok tv was straight up negativity and im a huge ross stan.

I didn't say all his music was negative I said the majority of it is. The only project he has that doesn't have any negativity is the Greatest Story Never told. You can't make songs about shooting people, or having this person tied up in your trunk,etc and and then critize somebody else for glorifying drugs. If he's a positive rapper then Pac is

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Saigon will never blow, nikka has no personality nor charisma. Two chains has both.

nikkas was feeling playaz circle a they had a banger with duffle bag boy.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Saigon will never blow, nikka has no personality nor charisma. Two chains has both.

Q Tip has Saigon in his top 5. Jay Z said the ones who had the best shots at being the kin were TI, Wayne, Fab and Saigon. Preemo said Saigon has mainstream potential. 3 legends say Saigon can blow yet some anynomous no name on a messageboard says otherwise. Who do I believe?

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
now he tryna say he said "he didnt single out ross" but at first he said he didnt say rick ross at all... what a lame ass

nope, he said the same shyt before & after the interview (about Ross)

Haha never a dull moment with these Hip Hop sites. The shyt nikkas do for a headline. Ross is my nikka and I never singled him out abt the fukked up state of Hip Hop... 99% of the artist make that shyt so it wouldnt make sense to single out Rick Ross.....

https://twitter.com/TheRealSaigon/status/206091369624768513
https://twitter.com/TheRealSaigon/status/206091734495666176

These were tweeted before sohh released the audio^^

Whats ironic about his beef with Joe Budden is they are so similar. Both are very talented as MCs but when they speak it just sounds dumb or causes problems for them because they don't think their words through.

Not only did he look dumb on twitter after the audio came out, he wasn't even going to get a response anyways. He essentially gave himself the L.

true, but I don't think it's only that. obviously Saigon still feels the same way about the issues he talked about & he pretty much explained it on twitter too. but rappers need to realize that websites like sohh (etc.) will single out certain things rappers say in interviews to make the interviews more 'controversial'.

in comparison Budden basically doesn't tell his opinions about hip hop in public because everyone got so butthurt when he said something. (which is dumb as fukk but whatever)

edit.
oh, & Saigon definitely ain't 'blowing up' with his current content & 'style'. he should be happy about selling about 30k albums (overall) & that he's able to tour around the world.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nope, he said the same shyt before & after the interview (about Ross)

https://twitter.com/TheRealSaigon/status/206091369624768513
https://twitter.com/TheRealSaigon/status/206091734495666176

These were tweeted before sohh released the audio^^

true, but I don't think it's only that. obviously Saigon still feels the same way about the issues he talked about & he pretty much explained it on twitter too. but rappers need to realize that websites like sohh (etc.) will single out certain things rappers say in interviews to make the interviews more 'controversial'.

in comparison Budden basically doesn't tell say his opinions about hip hop in public because everyone got so butthurt when he said something. (which is dumb as fukk but whatever)

Truth.....the words got taken out of context and created a good hype. Saigon wins in the end because at least for 1 day he has the hip hop worlds attention. Only time will tell if he can use this to advantage. He has a new single dropping followed by his sophmore release. This moment is filled with opportuinities.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Truth.....the words got taken out of context and created a good hype. Saigon wins in the end because at least for 1 day he has the hip hop worlds attention. Only time will tell if he can use this to advantage. He has a new single dropping followed by his sophmore release. This moment is filled with opportuinities.

:aicmon:

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps

:childplease:

El Dinero

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

maybe not but he has some timeless music

in 10 years you will still be able to listen to songs like true story, my favourite things, and the letter p

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Im a huge fan of Sai but dude had his chance. He needs to stay away from social media

Why people keep sayin this when a rapper says something "controversial" on twitter btw?

the bolded part is something I'll never understand. just because someone is a rapper (or a producer), why he/she shouldn't be able to tell his/her opinions to public? are hip hop fans that sensitive? plus no one forces people to follow artists on twitter or read their interviews. or even read threads about them.

I mean really, how many people (who were gonna) are NOT gonna buy Saigon's next album because of this? how much those 6 people are gonna hurt Saigon's career?

how many people (who were gonna) are not gonna go to his shows because of this? how is that gonna affect his career?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
For real Sai? How can you deny it when it was recorded? You don't think someone was gonna post the evidence?

Wow.

Also, I love Saigon man, and I feel like GSNT was a classic album, and could've been even moreso if it dropped when it was supposed to. But I hate how sometimes Saigon takes the holier than thou route as if he has always been this light of positivity in the hip-hop community. Because he hasn't.

These were 2 of his best and earliest songs. It's gun clapping drug rap. Clever wordplay and dope production from Alchemist, but don't front like it's anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I didn't say all his music was negative I said the majority of it is. The only project he has that doesn't have any negativity is the Greatest Story Never told. You can't make songs about shooting people, or having this person tied up in your trunk,etc and and then critize somebody else for glorifying drugs. If he's a positive rapper then Pac is

I missed this post, and you said the same thing as me. I had the Say Yes vinyl, and pretty much have followed his career since Rawkus passed on signing him.

This is what I was saying in the last post. When Sai first came out he was often compared as a cross between 50 and Nas, with a lot of street shyt, guns, drugs, bytches, but had a great flow and very clever wordplay. The fact that he dropped some joints like Kiss the Babies let him to stay away from the "generic New York mixtape rapper" label that was really common in the early and mid 00's.