Audio: Saigon disses Rick Ross and Big Sean (Update: Saigon responds)

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:laff: same shyt bruh. He had no reason to call out anyone. What's he doing to help his community?

Here u are talking yet u know not what u speak of. Obviously u arent paying attention to Saigons career otherwise u wouldnt have even said that. Saigon has been promoting Adandoned Nation for years.

Abandoned nation works in tandem with In Arms Reach, an organization which serves children in the New York area logistically orphaned by their parents’ incarceration. It’s almost like a parent-away-from-parent-program as In Arms Reach steps in to fill the empty spot left by the incarcerated guardian. In Arms Reach encourages participation from the children’s jailed parents as well as correctional facility administrations to break the cycle. “Saigon is part of this organization. He is the face and he brings in a lot of our donations,” he says. Omnipotent adds that the children have had the pleasure of being visited on the campus by several celebrities, including former New York Giants linebacker Carl Banks and Bill Cosby.

I noticed no one has yet to point out that Saigon has been bigging up Ross for a while now and Saigons followers have been complaining about that.....No one is pointing it out because the majority of people jumping on the hype are just followers of hype who lack the proper info and speak on things they know not.

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
Ross is always doing charity events and shyt.

How does that make Saigon any different from Ross? Besides the fact one is relevant.. It's already been pointed out that Saigon has many songs on the same subject matter he's getting pissy about. If he doesn't want any backlash, then he's better off not saying anything

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't understand all the negative feedback. what exactly did saigon say that was wrong or bad? he's exactly right. forget about the source (saigon), listen to what he's saying, he's talking the truth

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
i don't understand all the negative feedback. what exactly did saigon say that was wrong or bad? he's exactly right. forget about the source (saigon), listen to what he's saying, he's talking the truth

I don't think people are criticizing him because they think he is wrong. It seems like half the criticism is from people that wish he'd stick to his guns. The other half seems to be from people that think he's being hypocritical.

I think he has a fine point, but I also think he's trying to come off like the content of Greatest Story Never Told has been what he's been about his whole career and that's just not true. He made music no different than Ross for a long time.

I'm still a fan, and will continue to support what he's doing.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ross is always doing charity events and shyt.

How does that make Saigon any different from Ross? Besides the fact one is relevant.. It's already been pointed out that Saigon has many songs on the same subject matter he's getting pissy about. If he doesn't want any backlash, then he's better off not saying anything

Dude....ya facts are backwards.....and why are u bringing up Ross doing charity events? This isnt a "who's doing what" contest. U asked what Saigon was doing for his community and I answered. Again u are speaking on things u know not....u just said Saigon has many songs speaking on the subject matter he's pissy about.......Negro please....Saigon doesnt make songs about selling drugs....Please point out 1 song where Saigon is a drug dealer? he had that one song '35 a Gram' where he speaks on not doing the devils work by rapping about selling drugs but he'll speak on his past. Other then that i dont know of any Saigon songs where he speaks on selling drugs like its a cool thing to do on wax......This is the 2nd thing u have stated that is incorrect.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Dude....ya facts are backwards.....and why are u bringing up Ross doing charity events? This isnt a "who's doing what" contest. U asked what Saigon was doing for his community and I answered. Again u are speaking on things u know not....u just said Saigon has many songs speaking on the subject matter he's pissy about.......Negro please....Saigon doesnt make songs about selling drugs....Please point out 1 song where Saigon is a drug dealer? he had that one song '35 a Gram' where he speaks on not doing the devils work by rapping about selling drugs but he'll speak on his past. Other then that i dont know of any Saigon songs where he speaks on selling drugs like its a cool thing to do on wax......This is the 2nd thing u have stated that is incorrect.

This is true though. Saigon hasn't ever been on a dope selling steez.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
For real Sai? How can you deny it when it was recorded? You don't think someone was gonna post the evidence?

Wow.

Also, I love Saigon man, and I feel like GSNT was a classic album, and could've been even moreso if it dropped when it was supposed to. But I hate how sometimes Saigon takes the holier than thou route as if he has always been this light of positivity in the hip-hop community. Because he hasn't.

These were 2 of his best and earliest songs. It's gun clapping drug rap. Clever wordplay and dope production from Alchemist, but don't front like it's anything else.

Saigon - Stocking cap - YouTube
Saigon - Say Yes - YouTube

But even when h's gun talking he's dropping jewels in there

In Say Yes he says

"When y'all be out clubbing, I be in deep discussion trying to convince me little cousin not to Blood in"

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
But even when h's gun talking he's dropping jewels in there

In Say Yes he says

"When y'all be out clubbing, I be in deep discussion trying to convince me little cousin not to Blood in"

Nobody's deny that but the majority of his music is full of negativity. He even has a line on a song where he says something like I'll pop you and laugh. I don't see a difference between a rapper talkin about sellin drugs and a rapper braggin about shooting people

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nobody's deny that but the majority of his music is full of negativity. He even has a line on a song where he says something like I'll pop you and laugh. I don't see a difference between a rapper talkin about sellin drugs and a rapper braggin about shooting people

This is a false statement. Saigon is one of those middleground rappers, kinda like a Nas or Tupac......He'll spit consciousness one minute and some ignorance the next. If u pick up anyone of his mixtapes your getting a middleground....its never more swayed to the negative thats some BS. When his debut dropped it was more towards the positive then the negative if anything. Regardless of the gun talk, atleast saigon lived it and will turn around and denounce it....Unlike a good portion of these rappers who never lived it yet promote it like its cool......I'd rather have it the Saigon version then the fake version. torcher u once put me on to Tragedys "Still Reportring" album....I'm dissapointed in your stance today.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

:pachaha: ...you cant be serious

Of course I'm serious......How come the Op didnt put Diddy in the title? How come op didnt put Kanye in the title? Didnt Saigon speak on them as well? Op didnt put them in the title cuz he jumped on the hype. When Saigon was ranting he went in on Knaye as well and thats his boy.....No one is speaking on that.........Saigon just pointed out what we already know.....applaud the man for having the balls to atleast say it.......The website SOHH singled out Ross and Big Sean and created hype totally disgregarding the overall message. If it wasnt hype we'd be focused on what he said about all the rappers he name dropped, not just Ross.

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
Dude....ya facts are backwards.....and why are u bringing up Ross doing charity events? This isnt a "who's doing what" contest. U asked what Saigon was doing for his community and I answered. gain u are speakinmg on things u know not....u just said Saigon has many songs speaking on the subject matter he's pissy about.......Negro please....Saigon doesnt make songs about selling drugs....Please point out 1 song where Saigon is a drug dealer? he had that one song 35 a Gram where he speaks on not doing the devils work by rapping about selling drugs but he'll speak on his past. Other then that i dont know of any Saigon songs where he speaks on selling drugs like its a cool thing to do on wax......This is the 2nd thing u have stated that is incorrect.

lol... are you serious?

"Why y'all supportin’ a nikka that promotes the destruction of our community?

that's what I was getting at. And yes he has done songs of that subject matter in the past, especially when he was coming up. This is the same Saigon that called Joey's son gay. ::laugh:

My point is if Ross is a bad influence and destroying the black community, then why is he "your nikka"? Seems like someone can't make up his mind :laugh:

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
This is a false statement. Saigon is one of those middleground rappers, kinda like a Nas or Tupac......He'll spit consciousness one minute and some ignorance the next. If u pick up anyone of his mixtapes your getting a middleground....its never more swayed to the negative thats some BS. When his debut dropped it was more towards the positive then the negative if anything. Regardless of the gun talk, atleast saigon lived it and will turn around and denounce it....Unlike a good portion of these rappers who never lived it yet promote it like its cool......I'd rather have it the Saigon version then the fake version. torcher u once put me on to Tragedys "Still Reportring" album....I'm dissapointed in your stance today.

The thing is I don't have a problem wit Saigons music. He's one of my favorite rappers in the last 10 years. I just think it sounds hypocritical when he says shyt like this. Years ago he did the same thing and got on a commercial and criticized Mobb Deep and Onyx for the type of music they make when he basically was in the same lane

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And yes he has done songs of that subject matter in the past, especially when he was coming up.

when u can point out 1 song where he promotes selling drugs like its cool...I'll take u serious. I can tell u arent even serious about this issue from your responses.....U got ya platinum thread and thats all u really care about....I'll help u out for 1 more hour and then i'm clocking out.