Attention!!!!!! All Idiots That Says Hiphop Doesn't Influence!!!!!!

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
i never claimed it was intellectual rap, you're moving goal post. you can't name songs in "the first 7-8 yrs" of rap that revolved around harmful drugs and killing your fellow black man. regardless of what they were doing in their personal life.

I understand.

But Im just looking for intellectually honest arguments.

Hip Hop was birthed and created thru the NY club and park party scene. Hip hop music has always been geared towards the "function", and enjoying oneself and getting faded. The "nae nae" is more in step with hip hop's roots than intellectual rap. Even when pro-black "stop the violence" was at its peak party/gangster was more popular overall. Its the foundation of the culture.

Its cool you find it distasteful that today's artists are more explicit about drug use than they were in the 80s early 90s (outside of weed of course), but as an adult I appreciate they are more upfront versus playing some "dont do drugs kids" hypocrite. Shyt, as an adult I bump future, and if its time to get active and party that music is an overwhelming preference.

The problem I have with @PhonZhi is his anti-black agenda that makes it seem as tho rap is the only genre that encourages drug use. Rock almost made it mandatory that its listeners be on acid or other types of hallucinogens to "get" the music, and there has always been a strong connection with drug use and that scene and genre.

Even today EDM, is centered on molly and ecstacy. When EDM talks about "love" and being in "love" they are talking about rolling their t*ts off on molly. Young people get fukked up. It is what it is, bruh and its reflected in music.

Westcoastnative

All Star
Daps

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
nah there's a hell of a difference between a will smith or rakim to a young thug or soulja boy. nikkas growing up off summer time didn't think drinking codiene, twerking, wearing skirts, killing other black men was hot.
Not really in the grand scheme of things. Your job is to serve a purpose which led to the next level of Hip Hop. Will and Rakim musically have been around since the 80's. They open the door for A LOT of ears to listen to hip hop who wouldn't otherwise. Remember, this is journey. The name of the game is influence and impact. That's what Will and Rakim did. Now that the impact and influence is there, you can really do what you want.

Mr. Togo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Google
from people they know :heh: like i said, nikkas didn't start doing xtc til rappers started making music about it.

dudes were already on that molly wave, rap music just voiced what was going on in the streets

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I just want people like OP to realise that the actual problem is shytty parenting

You won't deny this though which shows you're a hypocrite and deserve a chiraq neg train

No shyt that lack of guidance plays a role. Who do u think these destructive messages are meant for? Are u aware of the Prison Industrial Complex? Are u aware that prison cells are NEEDED to be occupied for monetary gain? Who do you think are the PERFECT CANDIDATES for those cells are?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I understand.

But Im just looking for intellectually honest arguments.

Hip Hop was birthed and created thru the NY club and park party scene. Hip hop music has always been geared towards the "function", and enjoying oneself and getting faded. The "nae nae" is more in step with hip hop's roots than intellectual rap. Even when pro-black "stop the violence" was at its peak party/gangster was more popular overall. Its the foundation of the culture.

Its cool you find it distasteful that today's artists are more explicit about drug use than they were in the 80s early 90s (outside of weed of course), but as an adult I appreciate they are more upfront versus playing some "dont do drugs kids" hypocrite. Shyt, as an adult I bump future, and if its time to get active and party that music is an overwhelming preference.

The problem I have with @PhonZhi is his anti-black agenda that makes it seem as tho rap is the only genre that encourages drug use. Rock almost made it mandatory that its listeners be on acid or other types of hallucinogens to "get" the music, and there has always been a strong connection with drug use and that scene and genre.

Even today EDM, is centered on molly and ecstacy. When EDM talks about "love" and being in "love" they are talking about rolling their t*ts off on molly. Young people get fukked up. It is what it is, bruh and its reflected in music.
Rock music isn't white culture. Rap music is Black culture. A majority of AA partake in rap music and it's culture. Most whites aren't in rock culture. White community is not in shambles. The Black community is. I don't see how you can cape for Black women and see there issues and can't see the issues with the Black community as a whole. A large part of what hip hop is doing is hurting Black women and Black men. In fact, a large part of Black music even by women in the 90's killed Black culture.

The biggest issues in the Black community is we have Whites controlling it at every level. Music, sports, jobs, careers, businesses and relationships then wonder why everyone is pissed and pointing fingers. I don't mind addressing any of this but Hip Hop right now has the community ear and that's most important right now.

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ChiefKeef.jpg

maxresdefault5.jpg

be led to the slaughter brehs

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I just want people like OP to realise that the actual problem is shytty parenting

You won't deny this though which shows you're a hypocrite and deserve a chiraq neg train
shytty parenting is a denial of the issue. This is the equivalent to all cops ain't bad. All ppl ain't bad. It's a copout and a bad one at that.