Attention!!!!!! All Idiots That Says Hiphop Doesn't Influence!!!!!!

thewiz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This post shows specifically how unaware we are to media propaganda and techniques of brainwashing & conditioning we are. Truly sad. Remember: you cant control a mass group of ppl unless u have control of their MINDS. They have had control of our minds for 400+ years now

No my post shows that rap music is only one hurdle we have to overcome and you need to focus on more methods of educating and uplifting black people instead of just saying rap music is ruining the community.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There is no such thing to a degree. Too many soul out even in the intellectual hip hop community. At the end of the day, the game is rigged. Dudes like Will Smith and Rakim aren't no better than Young Thug and Migos. Two ends of the same coin serving the same propose. If it wasn't for Will Smith, Rakim, Hammer and NWA there would be no Young Thug, Ludacris and Soulja Boy. They all served the same purpose and they all were needed to convince the masses that this really ain't what it is when it was what it was all along.

nah there's a hell of a difference between a will smith or rakim to a young thug or soulja boy. nikkas growing up off summer time didn't think drinking codiene, twerking, wearing skirts, killing other black men was hot.

Daps
Ever hear of Ice T, NWA, Too Short, etc, etc, etc....I swear you guys have created this mythical time period in rap where all rappers of the era hopped and skipped around in the meadows and just rapped about group economics and helping old ladies walk across the street.

Mobb Deep :troll:
Jay Z :troll: (:wow:)
MF DOOM :troll: (Thats my GOAT rapper yo :wow:)
Big Pun :troll:

Eminem :troll:

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
At the end of the day its still a personal choice..

I did drugs but it didn't have anything to do with a rapper...

It was 95% about the environment I was in (which was around a bunch of other kids who were on drugs that eventually got me to try)

Sure rap music is fun to listen to while high.. But it doesn't make anybody do anything..At least not more then the bad influences around you will

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
]
Sure rap music is fun to listen to while high.. But it doesn't make anybody do anything..At least not more then the bad influences around you will

yes it does, nikkas are followers. i remember a point when nikkas called molly/xtc the white mans drug. then after 2-3 yrs of rappers promoting it heavy, all of a sudden nikkas love molly. where did the shift come from if not the music?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
No my post shows that rap music is only one hurdle we have to overcome and you need to focus on more methods of educating and uplifting black people instead of just saying rap music is ruining the community.
But hip hop has a sounder volume and impact on the Black community. More ears hear any rapper more than Louis or any our community leaders. Saying we need to educate and uplift when a louder volume is saying get money and f these women is more gratifying and initially easier is stifling to the community.

Asking what can combat this is clearly having a community but you can't have a community to rebuild when the loudest influences are negative.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama

No change will ever occur for us blacks if we dont have a MAJOR MENTAL OVERHAUL!!! Whats so hard to understand bout that? This CULTURE (not just music) is literally shaping the mindset of an entire generation. If u think that im saying rap is the cause of our problems, then you are more lost than i thought. Its not "music". Its an entire lifestyle and way of life thats being marketed directly to the black youth. Remember, the best way to destroy a group of ppl is to control the minds of its youth. This is waaaay bigger than "rap"

Mr. Togo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Google
yes it does, nikkas are followers. i remember a point when nikkas called molly/xtc the white mans drug. then after 2-3 yrs of rappers promoting it heavy, all of a sudden nikkas love molly. where did the shift come from if not the music?

from people they know

my white friend was the first one who put me on to mdma :ohlawd:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
My biggest issue with rap music nowadays is the use, or rather overuse, of the n-word. If you go back and listen to 90s rap music the word isn't said even half as much as it is now. Its like every other word now. The word is in music titles. I could never go to a rap concert, and be surrounded by white people yelling the word as loud as they possibly could in my ears. Its just off-putting.
Are you sure about that? Even if it was or wasn't, the music served and negative purpose which led to where it is today. It's been a pretty popular word in Hip Hop since the 80's.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
He makes a good point about Hip Hop. White supremacy isn't a singular action or word. It's a system and Hip Hop is one of it's most used and powerful tool with worldwide impact.

Sometimes I think the thing that makes some of you proud. Black rappers getting money or a local rapper making it and repping the home team makes you take a side-eye to Hip Hop damaging impact on society especially to the Black community.

Let's be real, most of us see Hip Hop like we see our sports. It's for fun. It's a place where we see Blacks eating. It's not like corporate America or day-to-day life where we losing and losing bad. It's one of the few areas where we can take pride in even at our expense. Like Pac said, "I remember Marvin Gaye, used to sing to me, he had me feeling like Black, was the thing to be, and suddenly it didn't seen so tough that we had it enough".

But hip hop has a sounder volume and impact on the Black community. More ears hear any rapper more than Louis or any our community leaders. Saying we need to educate and uplift when a louder volume is saying get money and f these women is more gratifying and initially easier is stifling to the community.

Asking what can combat this is clearly having a community but you can't have a community to rebuild when the loudest influences are negative.
Solid posts. The truth spoken here:wow: