Attention!!!!!! All Idiots That Says Hiphop Doesn't Influence!!!!!!

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
our problems are way deeper than rap music yet that's the only thing you talk about

This post shows specifically how unaware we are to media propaganda and techniques of brainwashing & conditioning we are. Truly sad. Remember: you cant control a mass group of ppl unless u have control of their MINDS. They have had control of our minds for 400+ years now

Westcoastnative

All Star
Daps
You sound silly now and posting out of frustration

Some of the harsh and defensive responses you've gotten on here is proof hip hip that promotes violence, materialism, sexism, and hyper-sexuality all gets swept under the rug. And the black community in large either doesn't want to or is afraid to address it and say enough is enough.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No there really wasnt. You have to understand the culture and history.

Rap started off as an off shoot of disco, and existed almost entirely in New York clubs with lyrics centered on the party scene (and best believe these clubs and artists were coked outta they brains). For the first 7-8 years of its existence there was hardly any "intellectual" rap. to speak of It was all party/neighborhood shyt.

Yes there was a pro-black phase or period (largely in response to how crazy life was for black people during the time period), but that was overshadowed by the more popular party and gangster rap of the day. And to be honest the pro-black stuff was just trendy. Artists like Queen Latifah chucked their Africa medallions in the trash once they weren't popular no more.
i never claimed it was intellectual rap, you're moving goal post. you can't name songs in "the first 7-8 yrs" of rap that revolved around harmful drugs and killing your fellow black man. regardless of what they were doing in their personal life.

moonchild

Rookie
Daps
youre right but they wont hear you. never knew so many people who were curious or doing lean than now. music influences, any form of media influences. years ago i didnt have peers obsessed with talking about eating ass. the media counts on people who are ignorant of it's powers. if music didnt influence there would be no such thing as product placement in music videos.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
You sound silly now and posting out of frustration

Yeah, you are frustrating because its clear you're just desperate for attention. You're on a hip hop message board with a corny ass anti- hip hop gimmick and crusade. Who does this? You know calling hip hop "genocide" music is gunna offend the fukk outta us hip hop fans. Im not a Justin Beiber fan, but you're not gunna see me on a Justin Beiber board creating threads about how he's Satan just to rile his fans up and get flame wars poppin. If you hate hip hop with a passion and dont get it anymore then fukk off. Get a life, dikkhead.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall are better off putting me on ignore. The threads wont stop. The truth needs to be uncovered and made aware of. :yeshrug:
the truth of the matter is jews will continue to offer these opportunities to impoverished blacks, long as they're willing to continue to promote a toxic message to our youth.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is that what it revolves around now? The problem with debates about music is that people make blanket statements that categorize an entire genre of music that has millions of artists, subject matters and sounds. I think what you're getting at is that the most popular rap involves these things. There are countless alternatives. But don't put so much blame on the artists, they'll put out what sells and we can't expect that to ever change.
well we are talking about mainstream rap here. it certainly doesn't revolve around backpackers.

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
rap is beyond corny at this point, whenever i hear that shyt blasting at a redlight.. im compelled to spit on their vehicle

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
My biggest issue with rap music nowadays is the use, or rather overuse, of the n-word. If you go back and listen to 90s rap music the word isn't said even half as much as it is now. Its like every other word now. The word is in music titles. I could never go to a rap concert, and be surrounded by white people yelling the word as loud as they possibly could in my ears. Its just off-putting.