Atomic Heart (Bioshock Like FPS) (PS4,XB1,PC)

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
some folks were talking about this like it was gonna be a trainwreck but it looks straight ngl

there's this weird thing going on i've seen where reviewers were lining it up against Metro and having their expectations off - which makes no sense to me
I agree. A lot of the negative reviews highlight expectations not being met, more than a bad game. That said, after all the 10/10 and 100 scores for Death Stranding, I've never taken the overall gaming review scene seriously. I'm buying it tonight, even though it most likely won't play nice on my Steam Deck. Guess I have to play on my PC like the good ole days.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
People are scoring this all over the place

Gives it a 95, makes the game sound like GOTY

2.5/5

One person calls the combat great
The other calls it trash

Great story on one end
Convoluted on the other

Is it the path people are
Taking maybe ? Or perhaps the weapons they choose to main ?

Never really seen a game like this

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
People are scoring this all over the place

Gives it a 95, makes the game sound like GOTY

2.5/5

One person calls the combat great
The other calls it trash

Great story on one end
Convoluted on the other

Is it the path people are
Taking maybe ? Or perhaps the weapons they choose to main ?

Never really seen a game like this
Some xenophobic c*nts are review bombing becuase the studio is russian.

Funny how they have no issue supporting American products even thou they have turned half the middle east into a war torn hellscape

Game looks fukking great.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Played about an hour, and I'll say they did a great job with the world. In the little time I've played, I can see why reviews are negative because the main character isn't likable and the dialogue is weak. I think their budget didn't go to that aspect of the game, but I guess expected since a foreign dev worked on it.

The combat is decent so far, and there is an inventory management element to it. I do feel the controls are a bit clunky, and the puzzles seem like they can be decent.

Nothing wowed me so far, but I am still early into the game, so hopefully, it pulls me in soon.

There are some performance hiccups in the game

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Looks like reviewers are saying gameplay is legit, but the story/dialog stuff is bad/weird.

I’ll take it :ehh:
Maybe the story hasn't translated well into english

Or perhaps russian values are so weird that it doesn't resonate with a US audience. (This happens a lot with british TV shows IMO, speak the same language but the culture is so offputting)

I'll probably check it out thursday since that's the end of my work week

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Maybe the story hasn't translated well into english

Or perhaps russian values are so weird that it doesn't resonate with a US audience. (This happens a lot with british TV shows IMO, speak the same language but the culture is so offputting)

I'll probably check it out thursday since that's the end of my work week
Yeah it’s just weirdo edgy russian humor. Rappey robots, toxic masculinity, mysogny, that kinda stuff :francis:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
The game is getting bad reviews for the following reasons

1. It's an xbox gamepass launch
2. It's a Russian studio

Majority is due to it being Xbox Gamepass.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sounds like shyt that would have been fine in the 90s/early 00s when duke nukem and shyt were still hot

Doubt many other countries are where we are in terms of culture/gender sensitivity
Yeah duke nukem is a good comparison, but that was always kinda tongue in cheek or like a parody. This game thinks you should be laughing along with the jokes :huhldup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So why didn't Hi-Fi Rush get bad reviews? Come on mayne
Hi-Fi rush came too fast:dame:

Didn’t give the haters a chance to react.

I think the russian shyt was more of a reason for some of the low scores but it is pretty interesting the xbox version metacritc score is much lower than both PC and PS5:mjpls:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The game is getting bad reviews for the following reasons

1. It's an xbox gamepass launch
2. It's a Russian studio

Majority is due to it being Xbox Gamepass.
C'mon now that has nothing to do with the reviews.

I think the major issue from what I've played is dialogue is a miss, and the main character isn't likable. Also, the controls are clunky so far, and reviews seem to be about right where I would score it. I don't think gamepass has anything to do with score, but you could say the Russian element does because it seems Russian type of humor won't connect that well with a western audience.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Just got a free digital key for it on PC. played about 3 hours of it, and its trash to mid tier. The graphics are great but thats about it. They really dropped the ball on this one. Games is like a cluster fukk of Cyberpunk, Bioshock, and Doom all rolled into one but in a bad way. Game has no true identity and the story is basura. Sucks they ruined a world that could of been on par with Bioshock,

5.5/10 for me. Gonna uninstall this bytch asap

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Just got a free digital key for it on PC. played about 3 hours of it, and its trash to mid tier. The graphics are great but thats about it. They really dropped the ball on this one. Games is like a cluster fukk of Cyberpunk, Bioshock, and Doom all rolled into one but in a bad way. Game has no true identity and the story is basura. Sucks they ruined a world that could of been on par with Bioshock,

5.5/10 for me. Gonna uninstall this bytch asap
3 hours isn’t enough playtime

I command you to play at least 10 and then report back