• Its possible black populations existed in the "new world" prior to Columbus

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • All blacks came on slave ships straight from west africa

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who'd I learn about them from? A black college professor who specialized in legal history. Where'd he learn about them from? Ghana, where you can find pretty decent original records on the slave trade and associated laws and legal codes. In fact, the vast majority of black history works I've read were written by black authors. Reputable ones. They aren't hard to find.

I get what you're saying. History has been written in skewed ways for a variety of reasons. But what you are leaving out is A)how historiography works B)the thousands of black historians that study these same subjects and C)the nature of modern scholarship and the internets.

And that is grand.......But you are the exception and not the norm, so its disingenuous for you to insinuate that this is the rule of thumb when its not....

Here is the thing.....If I can fully indoctrinate 85% of the whole, the other 15% that might think they're in the know is inconsequential....

Most blacks in the states aren't going to even graduate college, let alone take several Afro History courses, let alone taking Afro History courses that are taught by a professor from Ghana that has access or can point you in the direction of reputable literature(black authorship) about the slave trade....

This process of giving you your historical narrative starts at the age of 8, not your sophomore year at a University

Last edited:

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that is grand.......But you are the exception and not the norm, so its disingenuous for you to insinuate that this is the rule of thumb when its not....

Here is the thing.....If I can fully indoctrinate 85% of the whole, the other 15% that might think they're in the know is inconsequential....

Most blacks in the states aren't going to even graduate college, let alone take several Afro History courses, let alone taking Afro History courses that are taught by a professor from Ghana that has access or can point you in the direction of reputable(black authorship) about the slave trade....

This process of giving you your historical narrative starts at the age of 8, not your sophomore year at a University

We must be talking about two different things. I agree that, unfortunately, more brothers and sisters aren't going to college. Cool, that's something that's real and can be addressed.

I agree that most young brothers and sisters don't get enough black history in elementary, middle, and high school. Cool, that's something that is real and can be addressed. (Spent many a semester tutoring elementary and community college students. They love the black history piece)

What I'm not with is the collusion of every white (and black I suppose given the narrative of this thread) historian on the planet hiding our TRUE origins and something about aliens and demons. That's not the way information works anymore. It doesn't fit that someone is part of a cabal distorting Black history because they aren't Black or haven't studied in Ghana.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
mathematics proves the transatlantic slave trade never happened and blacks were already in the Americans

they numbers they provide themselves from their OWN DATABASE, do not pan out when you factor in the maximum capacity of each slave ship and the time it would take to make voyage

Even if each slaveship could hold 400 slaves, which is what the largest ship is on record for carrying, most slave ships weren't of that capacity, but even if they were

from there own records it would only be possible for 500,000 slaves to be brought and that's if they ALL SURVIVED the voyage

you really believe it was possible for 400 slaves stacked onto each other, covered in human waste to survive a voyage that long without dying of sickness and starvation

only reason people blindly believe this shyt but refuse to look at facts it's because it's been beaten into their heads through the education system in their text books which every historian recognizes being flawed

I just want to see the ships :yeshrug: these dudes keep everything but we don't have many if any slave ships presently constructed today

Daps
Reppin
NULL
We must be talking about two different things. I agree that, unfortunately, more brothers and sisters aren't going to college. Cool, that's something that's real and can be addressed.

I agree that most young brothers and sisters don't get enough black history in elementary, middle, and high school. Cool, that's something that is real and can be addressed. (Spent many a semester tutoring elementary and community college students. They love the black history piece)

What I'm not with is the collusion of every white (and black I suppose given the narrative of this thread) historian on the planet hiding our TRUE origins and something about aliens and demons. That's not the way information works anymore. It doesn't fit that someone is part of a cabal distorting Black history because they aren't Black or haven't studied in Ghana.

Well my good man, while I envy your idealism, I think you may be underestimating what white supremacy is truly capable of...

Even with the advent of the internet, all it takes is a simple algorithm to give you the information I want you to the digest, as opposed to the info that's actually true

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Our culture, language, history, and physique. The remaining Tainos intermarried into the black population

The maroon population specifically. The remaining Tainos got absorbed by the maroons during Spanish rule. If you have maroon blood and/or a maroon descendant then you more than likely have Taino/Arawak blood.

Jamaican+Yamaye+Taino+woman.jpg

humble Hermit

Mind Power
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Conquering Lion
Only ones trying to discredit people of their history right now are you guys.

Within The first few seconds on that video it proclaimed that "afrocentric is a mythology, racist. ..." that's all I need to read. These people are arguing another theory while pushing theirs but they can't prove that either. It's a fruitless debate.

humble Hermit

Mind Power
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Conquering Lion
The Caribs didn't call themselves caribs. The original meaning for Carib is foreigner. They were calling the Spanish foreigners when they first came by. My family is from Dominica. Mother father brother sister. The native "caribs" have their own reservation on the island. A lot of the caribs look like me And they are untouched.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
The maroon population specifically. The remaining Tainos got absorbed by the maroons during Spanish rule. If you have maroon blood and/or a maroon descendant then you more than likely have Taino/Arawak blood.

Jamaican+Yamaye+Taino+woman.jpg
I have maroon ancestry. The culture is very Akan influenced

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Embarrassing that the people who do have avenues to education, the very few who do, choose to go the route of illogical and racist bullshyt. This is some pitiful shyt here.

One lonely, sad star.