Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't read the thread yet but im sorry this feel like some bullshyt to me. These nikkas pick up storylines and drop em in the name of symbolism just because. I was looking forward to hearing what was going on with van and her split personalities or them getting at the cac who act like they was friends but wasted all that time with the phone rather than watching van and ern in Atlantic Station. Like there ia no closure to anything introduced....some bullshyt like i said

I mean yeah watching "it follows" lite and the south park chili episode lite was cool but not what i was expecting

first ep was ehh but did you watch the second one tho? :wow:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first ep was ehh but did you watch the second one tho? :wow:
Yeah the revenge plot was cool. Thats why i called it the Southpark chili episode lite. But it was even cooler in my opinion when we watched ern and the group come from nothing and struggled to get where they arw now. It felt more grounded, had more substance, and we actually had something to follow. It feels like now, whatever artistic idea they have they just make an episode about it. Theres nothing to follow now. We was left with van dealing with split personalities and leaving her kid behind to oh no ern got a new opportunity and didnt tell van know yet. Like what happened between all of that?

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
ya the revenge tie-in was dope…but the therapy sessions is what really reeled me in this episode…overall I experienced a wide range of emotions…incredible episode
part of me really felt it for him when he was transparent about his abuse. When I found out he hired the actors tho I was rooting for him BIG TIME

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That first ep was funnier than anything last season. :russ:

Second ep shows Earn is a sociopath, which they low key been alluding too.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Kinda wish we were still in the DVD era.
Be nice to hear the DVD commentary from Donald and Hiro to know directly what some messages they were perpetuating with specific scenes.

I know there were a lot of scenes from season 1 that went over slot of people's heads.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That first ep was funnier than anything last season. :russ:

Second ep shows Earn is a sociopath, which they low key been alluding too.

Sociopaths lack empathy. Earn has shown empathy and understanding throughout the course of the series.

Again, calling him a sociopath after watching the therapy scenes dehumanizes and dismisses the trauma he’s experienced as a black man. Lisa didn’t deserve empathy nor understanding; she was a racist bytch who reveled in making black people’s lives difficult whilst simultaneously lusting after and immersing herself in black culture. While Earn was dealing with physical pain, to the point where he’s hooked up to HEART MONITORS; psychological stress from the prospect of returning to the SOURCE of his years long trauma; and emotional stress from the prospect of taking a job that removes him from his child’s and girlfriend’s lives; Lisa denied him closure, understanding, agency, empathy, and humanity, based off of nothing more than his SKIN COLOR.

LISA was the Sociopath, not Earn. While Earn sought help and counsel from his Therapist, Lisa sought money and false moral support from her vest friend. While Earn sought healing by attempting to travel back to Princeton, Lisa sought fantasy by peeping into the window of an unsuspecting, undressing black male (like he was a Gorilla at a goddamn Zoo and she’s Ann Darrow) Even in the end as Earn admits that he NEEDS to return to therapy; its an admittance of the desire for help and change. Not once did Lisa admit ANY flaws within herself throughout the entirety of the episode. She blamed everyone else. She blamed her friend for not believing in her. She blamed her job for holding her back (which is why she quit at the FIRST opportunity) she was a piece of shyt

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
When shows shoot back to back do they also release it back to back? Can you name one popular show that ever released the last 2 seasons months apart? Most production companies release shyt that early when they gave up on the project

I think they released them sooner than normal because with them having references to real life events they probably didn’t want them to seem so dated.

I think that was part of the issues with season 3, a lot of episodes having to do race relations but after the BLM movement we had so many shows that covered those topics that it almost felt like Atlanta was just doing what everyone else was.

And also the wait between seasons 2 and 3 was so long I’m sure they didn’t want do that again

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Sociopaths lack empathy. Earn has shown empathy and understanding throughout the course of the series.

Again, calling him a sociopath after watching the therapy scenes dehumanizes and dismisses the trauma he’s experienced as a black man. Lisa didn’t deserve empathy nor understanding; she was a racist bytch who reveled in making black people’s lives difficult whilst simultaneously lusting after and immersing herself in black culture. While Earn was dealing with physical pain, to the point where he’s hooked up to HEART MONITORS; psychological stress from the prospect of returning to the SOURCE of his years long trauma; and emotional stress from the prospect of taking a job that removes him from his child’s and girlfriend’s lives; Lisa denied him closure, understanding, agency, empathy, and humanity, based off of nothing more than his SKIN COLOR.

LISA was the Sociopath, not Earn. While Earn sought help and counsel from his Therapist, Lisa sought money and false moral support from her vest friend. While Earn sought healing by attempting to travel back to Princeton, Lisa sought fantasy by peeping into the window of an unsuspecting, undressing black male (like he was a Gorilla at a goddamn Zoo and she’s Ann Darrow) Even in the end as Earn admits that he NEEDS to return to therapy; its an admittance of the desire for help and change. Not once did Lisa admit ANY flaws within herself throughout the entirety of the episode. She blamed everyone else. She blamed her friend for not believing in her. She blamed her job for holding her back (which is why she quit at the FIRST opportunity) she was a piece of shyt
Nah bro, you can see Lisa as a racist bytch who deserves nothing and still think Earn's behavior was sociopathic which is why Alfred called him crazy and left and even Darius couldn't look at him. Darius is the most empathetic character on the show and in a lot of ways is pure, and he didn't have time for it.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Yeah the revenge plot was cool. Thats why i called it the Southpark chili episode lite. But it was even cooler in my opinion when we watched ern and the group come from nothing and struggled to get where they arw now. It felt more grounded, had more substance, and we actually had something to follow. It feels like now, whatever artistic idea they have they just make an episode about it. Theres nothing to follow now. We was left with van dealing with split personalities and leaving her kid behind to oh no ern got a new opportunity and didnt tell van know yet. Like what happened between all of that?

Somebody other than Glover should have played Earn, the whole emotionless, robot shyt he portray is just insufferable.