Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
I’ve never seen a popular show last 2 seasons premier months apart. Most hot shows will split the last season in 2 lmaooo. Season 3 numbers must have been Uber trash :russ:. I watch Hulu almost everyday and didn’t know it dropped until the day before. The last season they were promoting hard 6 months in advance lol
They filmed both season 3 and 4 back to back.

Tyler Perry doin the same shyt wit "Sistas"

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They filmed both season 3 and 4 back to back.

Tyler Perry doin the same shyt wit "Sistas"
When shows shoot back to back do they also release it back to back? Can you name one popular show that ever released the last 2 seasons months apart? Most production companies release shyt that early when they gave up on the project

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Good to see Van/Charles from The Ringer are recapping the season. I like their insight, even when they disagree.

I agree, Their breakdowns are very good despite Charles usually saying something that makes me want to throw my phone across the room every episode.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
S
The plan was always for both seasons to be released the same year, even before the pandemic shut everything down but whatever narrative works for you.
Source? And regardless no popular show every released the last two seasons months apart lol. Season one and two are 85+ on rotten tomato. Season 3 got a 60 score lol

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
S

Source? And regardless no popular show every released the last two seasons months apart lol. Season one and two are 85+ on rotten tomato. Season 3 got a 60 score lol
Okay, tv industry insider you got it. Whatever works for you. The wait for the show between seasons 1 and 2 were unusually long.

So people were excited to get two seasons in one year at first. I’m not a journalist I don’t care enough to provide you with a source. Cause I have nothing to gain by lying to you. the internet has no shortage search engines look it up yourself, if it matters that much to you.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
When shows shoot back to back do they also release it back to back? Can you name one popular show that ever released the last 2 seasons months apart? Most production companies release shyt that early when they gave up on the project

Not so. Its actually becoming MORE standard for popular television series to film entire seasons back to back due to the way the industry itself is changing.

As for the release dates, This was nothing new or surprising. The series was announced for both seasons 3 & 4 back in 2019

and the reason for them being released close together is because Donald left FX for Amazon to create the Mr & Mrs Smith series reboot which is supposed to release early next year. He couldn’t promote & market two different series within the same season, its impossible (I know first hand as i’ve attempted it)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
S

Season 1 97%
Season 2 98%
Season 3 97%
Season 4 100%

Metacritic

Season 1 90
Season 2 97
Season 3 93

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't read the thread yet but im sorry this feel like some bullshyt to me. These nikkas pick up storylines and drop em in the name of symbolism just because. I was looking forward to hearing what was going on with van and her split personalities or them getting at the cac who act like they was friends but wasted all that time with the phone rather than watching van and ern in Atlantic Station. Like there ia no closure to anything introduced....some bullshyt like i said

I mean yeah watching "it follows" lite and the south park chili episode lite was cool but not what i was expecting