Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Ayo, come to think of season 1. This final season ain't shyt if we don't see an appearance from Ahmad White. lol

Last edited:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Nah bro, you can see Lisa as a racist bytch who deserves nothing and still think Earn's behavior was sociopathic which is why Alfred called him crazy and left and even Darius couldn't look at him. Darius is the most empathetic character on the show and in a lot of ways is pure, and he didn't have time for it.
@Ziggiy is on point calling out the coddling of white people. Paper Boi's response kind of proves it.

What Earn did to try and sabotage County Clark was worse but Al approved of that "sneaky shyt".

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@Ziggiy is on point calling out the coddling of white people. Paper Boi's response kind of proves it.

What Earn did to try and sabotage County Clark was worse but Al approved of that "sneaky shyt".
I'm not coddling that white woman. :wtf:

And the white manager is doing the bid for the gun. :russ:

I said Earn did something sociopathic. I don't care about that woman. Both can be true.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
nathan-fielder_2.jpg

Facts

Facts

Facts

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I'm not coddling that white woman. :wtf:

And the white manager is doing the bid for the gun. :russ:

I said Earn did something sociopathic. I don't care about that woman. Both can be true.
I'm not sure sociopathic is the right word here but I agree with the sentiment. I think there's no dispute on the fact that the white writer deserved what she received.

But Earn disregarded his therapist's advice and let himself get possessed by ire, on a level we've never seen before. Even his closest friends were taken aback by the whole thing. The episode established this is same type of behavior that is destroying him physically. Forget the white woman, breh is hurting himself doing some crazy mastermind shyt like that.

Edit: didn't even make the pun on purpose :pachaha:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
First two episodes was cool, was a little confused as to why the second episode was trying to make the viewer have sympathy for that white woman. I'm sure it will be explained in the replies of this thread.

Also as someone who goes to therapy IRL its funny how different film therapy is to the real thing. My therapist at the hospital I go to doesn't have a couch in their office and you can't lay on the floor :russ:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
First two episodes was cool, was a little confused as to why the second episode was trying to make the viewer have sympathy for that white woman. I'm sure it will be explained in the replies of this thread.

Also as someone who goes to therapy IRL its funny how different film therapy is to the real thing. My therapist at the hospital I go to doesn't have a couch in their office and you can't lay on the floor :russ:
The therapist I went to had that exact setup. Had a couch and a recliner and she had a regular chair as well.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
They were put off because again, nobody understands the depths of Earn’s pain and trauma OR its root cause except now for the therapist. For them it was A). Just a trip for Earn to be on a panel and B). Casual racism that black men are faces with everyday. We’ve been conditioned that the LITTLE shyt is bearable and not worthy of brooding over because so often racism can end up much much WORSE for black men that we’re supposed to brush it off. For Darius and Alfred that would’ve been something to simply charge to the game.

How the Therapist would’ve reacted is a matter of debate as we’ve only “known” him for the duration of this episode only, but considering the fact that its his job to understand that people aren’t perfect and he understands the depths of Earn’s trauma, i’d be willing to bet he’d act with more UNDERSTANDING than either Darius or Alfred, who it should also be pointed out, were clowning and belittling him at the beginning of the episode for seeking therapy in the first place.

Its funny how a major theme of this episode was actually telegraphed in several episodes of season 3. What does a world look like where black people are freed from the shackles of empathy for our oppressors? “The Big Payback”, “The Old Man And The Tree”, and “Rich Wigga Poor Wiggia” directly touched upon it but in the series proper its interesting to note that Earn is the only character in BOTH seasons to utilize money to exact justice. In Old Man In The Tree it was the white millionaire who Earn manipulated into “managing” his artist and in The Homeliest Little Horse its Lisa whose life is ruined due to Earn setting up and paying for the scam.
I think you missed the whole point. To me the point of the episode is that we become so fixated on revenge and on all the transgressions that we are physically harming our bodies with the stress and holding ourselves back from happiness. In Earn's situation he starts out saying how great is life is while it being obvious he isn't happy. He mentions how he has all these great things going on in his life but he can't even enjoy those great things due to being so caught up in the pettiness.

Basically fukked shyt will keep happening in our lives and if we spend all our time transfixed on those transgressions it will keep eating away at our health. This episode wasn't a pat on the back for Earn for acting on or being petty but more a PSA saying how we are killing ourselves fighting invisible enemies and how even if we get revenge it's a short lived happiness that is fleeting.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The white boy socks stole the cell phone. Earn had nothing to do with it.

I really think people are looking at Earn’s “scheming” in the quote unquote “wrong way”. Episode 2 spelled out that Earn’s scheming is a direct byproduct of suffering both childhood abuse and emotional betrayal by people he thought he could trust. It doesn’t make him this evil, diabolical mastermind, it makes him prone to proving CERTAIN people wrong and being emotionally closed off to others. Which is something he’s actively working on.

Earn isn’t going to EVER intentionally screw over Alfred. The series showed the depths of their bond back in season 2’s FUBU when Alfred saved Earn from being roasted and humiliated due to wearing a fake shirt. The series also heavily implies that Alfred looking out for Earn was a regular occurrence throughout their lives. Earn being Alfred’s manager is a ways of paying Alfred back for those years of protection and “proving” that it all wasn’t just one-sided, as much as it was a come up attempt. The one constant this show has always hammered home is that these two can always count on one another.
Earn explicitly said during the therapy session that the only person he might trust is Darius. I think that was there intentionally. If I had a prediction for the season I could see Earn and Al having a falling out. With Earn's ego I think he credits himself for Al's success and probably doesn't think it's fair that he's the smart one and the one doing all the grinding while Al gets to be the famous one. Also the fact that Earn has grown so much and has other artists may lead to him big timing Al now that's bigger than him.