Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Incredible writing and performing.

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it until my dying breath. THIS is the greatest series of the modern era. The way that people go on and on about Sopranos, The Wire, and Breaking Bad they should be holding Atlanta on the same pedestal 10-15 years from now. And its an even greater feat considering it’s billed as a Comedy but has dramatic writing on par with ANY of the best episodes of the aformentioned series.

that's about the same time those shows took to be considered classics (personally Breaking Bad is garbage to me and shouldn't even be in that category), in fact, they all saw and have similar critiques in regards to certain methods that weren't seen in traditional storytelling, I remember people hating on the season finale and dream sequences in the Sopranos, and The Wire didn't catch on until it's last season. So it's on the right course.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Incredible writing and performing.

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it until my dying breath. THIS is the greatest series of the modern era. The way that people go on and on about Sopranos, The Wire, and Breaking Bad they should be holding Atlanta on the same pedestal 10-15 years from now. And its an even greater feat considering it’s billed as a Comedy but has dramatic writing on par with ANY of the best episodes of the aformentioned series.
Me and my homie were just having this discussion today. I’d put their 33 or so episodes that have aired against 33 episodes of ANY show and I don’t see anything blowing Atlanta out. When you factor in how well it breaks down the nuances of the black experience like the FUBU episode or Earn’s airport incident (which could have happened anywhere from Target to your local doctor’s office) and balances the lines between drama, comedy and wtf so well, they’re really on another level. We may never see something like this again.

QBN

All Star
Daps
In light of dr umar ( i'm testing my self ) :aicmon:

I'm watching S3 -E8------------- my spidey sense going off with her voice and body motion seems kinda off a lttle ,,,,,, be back,, about to finish E8. ( hope im right when I come back

I started watching last night and almost done today with S3 today:ehh:
Her?? :dame:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Me and my homie were just having this discussion today. I’d put their 33 or so episodes that have aired against 33 episodes of ANY show and I don’t see anything blowing Atlanta out. When you factor in how well it breaks down the nuances of the black experience like the FUBU episode or Earn’s airport incident (which could have happened anywhere from Target to your local doctor’s office) and balances the lines between drama, comedy and wtf so well, they’re really on another level. We may never see something like this again.
I don't think it's even up for question. Atlanta is easily the best show on TV right now, and in the end will for sure be considered one of the TV GOATs. Just think about how many shows have taken influence from Atlanta in just the few years since it started. Reservation Dogs (which, by the way is my pick for second best show on TV right now), Dave, Vince Staples show, etc. People are going to be dissecting its influence for decades.

Sad to see it go. Finale is going to be hard to watch :to:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

After they left the bar, thats most definitely a boy
full

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Its Atlanta. I’ve said this before in another thread but if you have two arms and two legs, both eyes, and a voice box, and you can’t get laid in ATLANTA then YOU are the problem.

Everybody out here fukkin. There’s no excuse to ever go through a dry spell in this city
Challenge accepted playboi :blessed:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its better than The Sopranos
Lmaoooooooooo. Sure buddy. Sopranos is Mount rushmore status. ATL a good show but can’t be mentioned in the same breath. Sopranos ended just short of 20 years ago and still one of the most popular shows today. You think Atlanta will be popular 20 years from now? :heh:

Last edited:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-they wheelchair vigilante is Krazy
-ay do Vanessa got a premium pound cake back there?
-whos the real rapper doing the Blueblood joints
-were they just reborn?

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve never seen a popular show last 2 seasons premier months apart. Most hot shows will split the last season in 2 lmaooo. Season 3 numbers must have been Uber trash :russ:. I watch Hulu almost everyday and didn’t know it dropped until the day before. The last season they were promoting hard 6 months in advance lol