Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I could be tripping but it sounded like Earn didn't even recognize the white chick at the airport, at least from the story he told the therapist. Is that supposed to be a joke about white folks aging quickly? If so :dead:
She was a different person from the girl at college. The airport woman was named Lisa, I think, and the girl at college was named Sasha. He didn’t know the airport woman

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The white boy socks stole the cell phone. Earn had nothing to do with it.

I really think people are looking at Earn’s “scheming” in the quote unquote “wrong way”. Episode 2 spelled out that Earn’s scheming is a direct byproduct of suffering both childhood abuse and emotional betrayal by people he thought he could trust. It doesn’t make him this evil, diabolical mastermind, it makes him prone to proving CERTAIN people wrong and being emotionally closed off to others. Which is something he’s actively working on.

Earn isn’t going to EVER intentionally screw over Alfred. The series showed the depths of their bond back in season 2’s FUBU when Alfred saved Earn from being roasted and humiliated due to wearing a fake shirt. The series also heavily implies that Alfred looking out for Earn was a regular occurrence throughout their lives. Earn being Alfred’s manager is a ways of paying Alfred back for those years of protection and “proving” that it all wasn’t just one-sided, as much as it was a come up attempt. The one constant this show has always hammered home is that these two can always count on one another.
i still think they are building up further that earn a diabolical genius for something..

not necessarily a bad thing for al.

i just threw in the last part about the phone because it was the one weird thing from last season that seems like it would be directly connected to the actual rap career plotline this season. and earn in a way, not necessarily in a bad way.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Now, this is the show I know and love :banderas:
These two episodes alone have washed the stank of shyt off of last season.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Earn’s therapy session was some real shyt

Incredible writing and performing.

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it until my dying breath. THIS is the greatest series of the modern era. The way that people go on and on about Sopranos, The Wire, and Breaking Bad they should be holding Atlanta on the same pedestal 10-15 years from now. And its an even greater feat considering it’s billed as a Comedy but has dramatic writing on par with ANY of the best episodes of the aformentioned series.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Incredible writing and performing.

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it until my dying breath. THIS is the greatest series of the modern era. The way that people go on and on about Sopranos, The Wire, and Breaking Bad they should be holding Atlanta on the same pedestal 10-15 years from now. And its an even greater feat considering it’s billed as a Comedy but has dramatic writing on par with ANY of the best episodes of the aformentioned series.
Truth, it's gonna be looked at fondly in the future.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Good to see Van/Charles from The Ringer are recapping the season. I like their insight, even when they disagree.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
In light of dr umar ( i'm testing my self ) :aicmon:

I'm watching S3 -E8------------- my spidey sense going off with her voice and body motion seems kinda off a lttle ,,,,,, be back,, about to finish E8. ( hope im right when I come back

I started watching last night and almost done today with S3 today:ehh: