Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He did because he THOUGHT he was still dreaming.

He had a temporary mental break from hallucinating his brother’s memory. Thats why he was low-energy and melancholy during the final scene UNTIL he saw Judge Judy was real, at which point he became joyful.

Every scene with Earn, Al, and Van was real. THEY are Darius’s “Totem” as it were. The scenes with Darius by himself are all hallucinations in which he’s connected in some way to his brother.

Going into a Pharmacy to get his brother’s medication, something he most likely did for his ailing brother when he was alive

Meeting up with London, who reminds him of time when he was younger and wilder (and when his brother was alive)

Meeting up with his brother and having “comfort food” together (Jollof Rice)

These are all in some way connected to the brother.

The Popeyes was another hint that they were in reality. Remember Darius saw the Popeyes commercial after the first Judge Judy episode played in the opening scene, he got them Popeyes in the car because subconsciously thats the last thing he remembers before going to the tank
Bingo

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Everything about that sequence seemed over the top and ridiculous. But all of the dream sequences in the episode seemed realistic and down to earth. So, think that he was in the real world at the end and actually stole the car.

that look on his face was him realizing he going to jail!!! :russ:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Homeboys in outer space had a HUGE blowback when it came out
Now that I think about it
It was unfair how it was portrayed as some “c00n shyt” but at the same time it was on UPN
IYKYK
So muthafukkas was running with a narrative without even watching an episode
Same thing with Atlanta
There’s definitely a correlation/conversation to be had
That’s why people also point out how the WB was built up only for it to turn to CW
Companies built off black creators/audience backs and quickly hit that switch

I loved HIOS :yeshrug:

It was absurd stupidity which is what I was into at the time. shyt was a dumbass comedy. Nothing more.

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Forgot that I didn’t finish this shyt and just realized I have 3 more episodes since I last watched. Eating:banderas:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Homeboys in outer space had a HUGE blowback when it came out
Now that I think about it
It was unfair how it was portrayed as some “c00n shyt” but at the same time it was on UPN
IYKYK
So muthafukkas was running with a narrative without even watching an episode
Same thing with Atlanta
There’s definitely a correlation/conversation to be had
That’s why people also point out how the WB was built up only for it to turn to CW
Companies built off black creators/audience backs and quickly hit that switch
nah bro, that show was trash. :heh:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Its rare that a show this good has a finale that really is a cherry on top. I can't believe its been 7 years. Really bittersweet. They went out on a high note. "It was all a dream" mann.....so many layers to peel back.

Now that its all said and done in a month or so I'm giving this a full rewatch before I really stamp this. I've watched almost all the episodes more than once and every damn time I've caught something I missed. The writing is THAT good. Now that its all said and done I'm sure there is a lot of foreshadowing I completely missed. Can't wait to uncover those gems.

I think after this and some time people's perception of season 3 will change. I thought season 3 was critical to the story and characters and was a great season. After participating in this thread I see a lot of people had mixed feelings about it or straight up hated it. I think a rewatch and time will tell...or it will be viewed as a Wire Season 2(and I never agreed on that either)

Amazing show.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Any theories on the popular samples from Ye songs that they used throughout the finale?