Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ah so i see they used the "it was all a dream" cop out ending. Nice speech from the sushi master though

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Darius was talking to ghosts of past.

Nobody going to point out the end credits logo using a wallpaper from Apple. :lolbron:

:mjlit: Soul.

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
A lot of the stories were thinly veiled comments on Black Culture/Popular Black Culture/Hollywood.
  • The Goofy Movie Documentary.
  • FUBU joint when they were kids
  • The Darius/Earn commentary on what black people will do for sneakers
  • How Alfred's fans "turn on him" in The Woods (and also in that Amsterdam episode)
There's usually something in every episode that picks at Mainstream Black Tastes.
But they had heat for upper crust/better than you type folks as well. Example - Juneteenth.

Glover wasn't trying to hide the ball at all.

Agree. With what you saying but the first too weren’t thinly veiled at all. It was right in our faces which is why those were two of the more widely well received episodes.

The thinly veiled shyt is what the masses couldn’t keep up with.

Both styles have their place and to me that’s what makes the show so great. You could get your black sushi or just get the Popeyes damn near week to week

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I found it interesting that the rap magazine on the title card, with all the rappers from Atlanta, didn't have Paper Boi in it.

At first I was surprised because I thought it'd be obvious to have him in there given his status, but maybe it's to reinforce that this entire shyt is a dream

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just rewatch it. So Darius had the Popeyes already in the pink car. They didn't stop to get it. They had the drinks to when they went back to the crib. Why do yall think that's reality and not a dream. Just seems too convetient.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It works for a ton of reasons, especially because devs has a lot of different concepts thrown at you about causality, free will, many worlds, etc. For Forest, he built that machine trying to prove many worlds WRONG, he wanted to believe there was nothing he could have done to change the outcome of his family, which was tragic. The ending is him not just coming to grips with it, but the nature of the machine implies there are an infinite many versions of him with his family, and also ones without. He has accepted there was something he could have done differently and is also living each version of that in the machine. The beauty for him is he is aware he is in a simulation and gave that same gift to Lily, he even tells her as much because he realizes there are versions of her in a literal hell but at least she is aware it's "not real". There is so, so much more, between that, when they fast forward the past simulation so that they in essence become the thing being viewed in the past, hell even rewatching the show itself is an act of validating the themes the show presents.

I might need to rewatch it. It was a good show. Just ending was a letdown at first.

• Dap
Reactions: b_b

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
When they’re all driving away I’m the pink car smiling & laughing. Great scene.

:mjcry:

This show will be missed.

S/O to my homegirl Tay lol, glad to she sees working.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
My interpretation of the entire Black sushi restaurant scene is that it acted as a preemptive defense of the show's ending quality, and by extension, a defense of the entire show's status.

Still found it lackluster for an ending but it was a funny ass episode. I feel like nothing really happened in the series. No real character development and the entire rap industry plot that supposedly changed their status happened behind the scenes.