Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
they all made it big :wow:

Would y’all be down with a show in the similar vain but with all different characters? Like, the reason the show ended is cause they all got too busy but if you got 4 no name actors but kept the writers and Hiro, would the feeling of the show be the same? (Honestly, the most irreplaceable character would be Darius, that nikka can act his ass off)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
A lot of the stories were thinly veiled comments on Black Culture/Popular Black Culture/Hollywood.
  • The Goofy Movie Documentary.
  • FUBU joint when they were kids
  • The Darius/Earn commentary on what black people will do for sneakers
  • How Alfred's fans "turn on him" in The Woods (and also in that Amsterdam episode)
There's usually something in every episode that picks at Mainstream Black Tastes.
But they had heat for upper crust/better than you type folks as well. Example - Juneteenth.

Glover wasn't trying to hide the ball at all.
Most of the last thrwe seasons were hilarious shots at black popular culture.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
FPS Podcast pointed out something "With the Homeboy In Outer Space". Yeah, we laughed but was there a point in mentioning this show?

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA

dancing-soul-train.gif

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Homeboys in outer space had a HUGE blowback when it came out
Now that I think about it
It was unfair how it was portrayed as some “c00n shyt” but at the same time it was on UPN
IYKYK
So muthafukkas was running with a narrative without even watching an episode
Same thing with Atlanta
There’s definitely a correlation/conversation to be had
That’s why people also point out how the WB was built up only for it to turn to CW
Companies built off black creators/audience backs and quickly hit that switch

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Would y’all be down with a show in the similar vain but with all different characters? Like, the reason the show ended is cause they all got too busy but if you got 4 no name actors but kept the writers and Hiro, would the feeling of the show be the same? (Honestly, the most irreplaceable character would be Darius, that nikka can act his ass off)

The show is Auteur driven. You CANNOT do the series justice without Donald Glover and his brother. Also NONE of the writers nor Hiro Murai would be involved because Donald put them all on and half of them are part of his Royalty collective.

The series was a once in a lifetime creation. Even the combination of strategy and circumstances Donald utilized to even get the series made will more than likely never happen again.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Homeboys in outer space had a HUGE blowback when it came out
Now that I think about it
It was unfair how it was portrayed as some “c00n shyt” but at the same time it was on UPN
IYKYK
So muthafukkas was running with a narrative without even watching an episode
Same thing with Atlanta
There’s definitely a correlation/conversation to be had
That’s why people also point out how the WB was built up only for it to turn to CW
Companies built off black creators/audience backs and quickly hit that switch

I remember Homeboys In Outer Space and from the few eps I saw it was absolutely terrible, like the lowest brow shyt you could think of. And I was a kid realizing how awful it was.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember Homeboys In Outer Space and from the few eps I saw it was absolutely terrible, like the lowest brow shyt you could think of. And I was a kid realizing how awful it was.

I was 21 when it came out…it would take a brilliant fukking mind to spin an interpretation of that show into something other than the absolutely shyt that it was :mjlol:

Last edited: