Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
With videos now..if black person gets killed, for any form of justice to happen the following must occur

Has to be on camera..and its gotta be clear like the george floyd
Cant talk back to the police or show any resistence
If brehs feels danger, cant run.
Must be unarmed, no knifes, nothinf
Cant have drugs
No felon no record

:snoop:

U literally have to move perfect. Pathetic

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I watched the whole 40 min body cam vid.

Dude seemed like a really good guy, he was just blasted.

I just wish he would’ve pulled out of the drive thru the 1st time and all this shyt could’ve possibly been avoided.

Daps
Sad story. All this could’ve been avoided on all sides. Poorly trained cops who panic when things go slightly off the script and the brother was panicking himself which is why he did all that.

I don’t think these cops get prosecuted but we will see

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
1. They allowed him to move the car - even though they said that they thought on initial contact that they smelled alcohol. This showed that there is no strict line that means that had to arrest him. If there are no gray areas when it comes to enforcement the police themselves should be up on charges for allowing him to drive.
2. Why didn't they tell him that they were going to arrest him?
3. He was already out of the vehicle. Why not let him walk home? Why not drive him home? Targets?
4. Why did the staff call the police at all?

These are some of the actions which served to escalate rather than de-escalate the situation.

He also should not have been as chatty with them. They are not asking you questions to help you.

It's the UK but as crimebodge says "do not talk to or chit chat with the police".

Im not excusing the shooting at all, but I think this is a poor post.
1) The other alternative to having him move the car is to leave it here blocking the Wendys drive through and wait for a tow truck, or move it themselves. They are not allowd to move a persons car due to liability issues.
2) They did tell him he was under arrest
3) Because he already was driving drunk. I dont even understand why you posted this one at all
4) I dont know. Could be company policy or a decision by a manager. Im not going to speculate further on what COULD have happened.

I do agree that you shouldnt talk to police unless absolutely necessary tho.
I once asked a cop sitting in a neighborhood if he had seen my friend who was HEAVILY intoxicated and couldnt be located.
He demanded my ID and I ended getting a gun aimed at my head.
The Sargent apologized, but I didnt bother to report it because they would just lie. They werent wearing bodycams and I didnt get a chance to record it.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Im not excusing the shooting at all, but I think this is a poor post.
1) The other alternative to having him move the car is to leave it here blocking the Wendys drive through and wait for a tow truck, or move it themselves. They are not allowd to move a persons car due to liability issues.
2) They did tell him he was under arrest
3) Because he already was driving drunk. I dont even understand why you posted this one at all
4) I dont know. Could be company policy or a decision by a manager. Im not going to speculate further on what COULD have happened.

I do agree that you shouldnt talk to police unless absolutely necessary tho.
I once asked a cop sitting in a neighborhood if he had seen my friend who was HEAVILY intoxicated and couldnt be located.
He demanded my ID and I ended getting a gun aimed at my head.
The Sargent apologized, but I didnt bother to report it because they would just lie. They werent wearing bodycams and I didnt get a chance to record it.

1. It was 10m. They could push the car. Call a tow truck.
2. What words did they use to tell him that they were about to ("FUTURE TENSE") arrest him, BEFORE taking any actions to do so. I think I missed that part. Please quote them for me along with a timestamp.
3. Actually they did not see him drive there drunk. For all they know the vehicle has already stopped before he was actually under the influence of the alcohol. He only lived around the corner. He didn't know what drinks were served to him. The alcohol might have only started to affect him after he got to Wendy's.
4. Good that you are not going to speculate. Leave that to the person I actually addressed or other more imaginative luminaries.

You see it might appear to be a poor post but it is not.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I’m 50/50 on this one

This shouldn’t replace in peoples minds what happened with George Floyd.

This dude was drunk in the parking lot, was given chances by regular people to wake up and drive home, cops came and weren’t starting shyt (it got more intense when the second cop came though. Dude was trying to be tough), they did a sobriety test, he failed, he resisted arrest, grabbed the taser and shot it back at them....

Like i said, I don’t agree with him being shot especially while running away but this not the hill to die on

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I’m 50/50 on this one

This shouldn’t replace in peoples minds what happened with George Floyd.

This dude was drunk in the parking lot, was given chances by regular people to wake up and drive home, cops came and weren’t starting shyt (it got more intense when the second cop came though. Dude was trying to be tough), they did a sobriety test, he failed, he resisted arrest, grabbed the taser and shot it back at them....

Like i said, I don’t agree with him being shot especially while running away but this not the hill to die on
Wrong is wrong and a black man is dead. It's just :manny: to you though huh

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Wrong is wrong and a black man is dead. It's just :manny: to you though huh

breh, there are other cases that need better attention. He should have not been shot and yes, if he was white, he would have been alive

However, you can't take those chances with cops. Racist ass cops in backward ass GA. DUde committed several mistakes that these cops will use to get away with it.

Cops ain't playing fair. They wanted an excuse to shoot him and they did once he pointed the taser at em.

It's fukked up but you do not point shyt at those fukkers and expect them not to use this to shoot you down. It's still fukk 12 but you and I both know those cops are in a gang and we should act the same way as if we interacting with a cartel.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
breh, there are other cases that need better attention. He should have not been shot and yes, if he was white, he would have been alive

However, you can't take those chances with cops. Racist ass cops in backward ass GA. DUde committed several mistakes that these cops will use to get away with it.

Cops ain't playing fair. They wanted an excuse to shoot him and they did once he pointed the taser at em.

It's fukked up but you do not point shyt at those fukkers and expect them not to use this to shoot you down. It's still fukk 12 but you and I both know those cops are in a gang and we should act the same way as if we interacting with a cartel.
Exactly

Coli fools just want to act obtuse once again...

dude took waaayyyy too many risks that I wouldn’t even be comfortable taking. If he was just sleeping in his car in the parking lot... cool. I’ve been there before...

But bruh was passed out sleep in the drive thru... they didn’t even want to call the cops on him. They tried waking him up several times... other people were honking to wake him up.

The cops came and seemed cool until he failed (I guess) the sobriety test... no shyt you’re going to get hit with a DUI if you’re drunk sleeping in the parking lot.

STILL, homie didn’t deserve to die. dude was taking crazy risks tho

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Exactly

dude took waaayyyy too many risks that I wouldn’t even be comfortable taking. If he was just sleeping in his car in the parking lot... cool. I’ve been there before...

But bruh was passed out sleep in the drive thru... they didn’t even want to call the cops on him. They tried waking him up several times... other people were honking to wake him up.

The cops came and seemed cool until he failed (I guess) the sobriety test... no shyt you’re going to get hit with a DUI if you’re drunk sleeping in the parking lot.

until we see cops as a gang or we apply the same tactics and be as barbaric as them, none will change

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
That nikka signed his death certificate soon when he started to fight back especially with white cops

black cops I know from experience will go toe to toe with you
We understand the don't fight cops part koon... we on the don't be a race soldier shooting nikkas in the back part, koon.

Daps
Exactly

if he were a CAC and did all the above, he would still be alive
it shouldn't be he should do this or that
that's the problem we live in
black people are specifically targeted and "that's just the way it is" is not good enough anymore
because your tone would change if it were your brother, father, son, etc.