Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
One was "fired" and the other placed on admin duty. If they really felt that they were complicit (which they should be), then the officer that gunned him down should have been arrested and charged with a homicide. Being fired from one department doesn't the prevent the officer from being hired elsewhere.

You also made a good point I think a lot of people miss out on. I don't think anything the victim would have said would have prevented him from getting arrested that night. Even saying he would walk home was not enough. The cop tried his best to coax him into taking the breathalyzer test, and buddy was fully aware of it even in an inebriated state.

However, in Georgia, even if the key was simply the ingition and he was parked, they do have the authority to arrest if a DUI is suspected.

Parked Car DUI | DUI Georgia
For example, courts in Georgia have found circumstantial evidence of physical control in the following circumstances.

• Warm tires, which suggest the car was driven recently.
  • Warm hood of the car, which also suggests the car was driven recently.
  • Keys in the ignition.
  • Car parked in the middle of a road.

The cops conversant with the law wanted to exercise their authority and harrass the brother when they could have simply allowed him to order a taxi to get home. They escalated the situation, sure. But they shouldn't have killed him either. But we know as black people how that ish goes. He could have fought the case in court and with a competent lawyer the charge could have been dropped/expunged. I am not going to be like some here saying "we off than in 2020" when brehs are getting killed out here with minimal consequences.

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
So not only did he resist arrest, he stole their taser.

Not only did he steal their taser, he attempted to shoot it at them.

Not only did he attempt to shoot it at them, he did it while running away, creating space and making it difficult for the cop to use anything other than their gun.

This ain't George Floyd...

*awaits negs*

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Not only did he attempt to shoot it at them, he did it while running away, creating space and making it difficult for the cop to use anything other than their gun.

*awaits negs*

What part of shooting someone in the back is homicide dont you fools get?

Also if a taser is deemed deadly enough force to shoot someone in the back fleeing why do pigs deploy them rather liberally :jbhmm:

Yall transparent af

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

*awaits negs*
Bootlicker and negged

Black folk been conditioned to be perfect just to avoid death by law enforcement shyt is beyond wack

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I'm late to the thread and it's 77 pages is. So I am positive that I don't need to do an easy search on YouTube, for videos of white cops, chasing after some white person, some of which stole a weapon and even got in the cops car, like some damn Benny Hill video. There's a Facebook video of a white guy with a gun, just pacing back and forth. The police telling him to drop the weapon. Brehs in the back screaming that if he was black he would have been dead. So I really don't care that this man took the taser. Those cops shot him in the back. They executed him. Period. They could have let him walk home. They could have let him call someone to pick him up. Especially with everything that is going on.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps

*awaits negs*
They already patted him down and a taser is not a deadly weapon.
You can't shoot someone in the back because you dont feel like chasing them

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK

Also if a taser is deemed deadly enough force to shoot someone in the back fleeing why do pigs deploy them rather liberally :jbhmm:

Yall transparent af
And what part of 'homicide is not always a crime' do you media-controlled bots get?

A taser is not a deadly weapon...but shooting a taser at someone who's armed is an act with malicious deadly intent. Would YOU shoot a taser (or hit someone with a blunt object, any violent act with a non deadly weapon) at someone who's armed without being ready to kill them? Answer the question.

I'm not saying Brooks deserved to get shot...I'm saying he's not george floyd. And him being shot may not mean what the media tells you it means.

Bootlicker and negged

Black folk been conditioned to be perfect just to avoid death by law enforcement shyt is beyond wack
Resisting arrest is one thing, doing it violently is another. Once you violently resist arrest, depending on the cop you're dealing with you might get shot.

I'm not saying Brooks deserved to get shot...I'm saying he's not george floyd. And him being shot may not mean what the media tells you it means.

They already patted him down and a taser is not a deadly weapon.
You can't shoot someone in the back because you dont feel like chasing them
You can if you know the person is in the process of committing a violent act against you or others. Depending on the officer, deadly force could be a reasonable response, even if it's not an ideal one.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
And what part of 'homicide is not always a crime' do you media-controlled bots get?

A taser is not a deadly weapon...but shooting a taser at someone who's armed is an act with malicious deadly intent. Would YOU shoot a taser (or hit someone with a blunt object, any violent act with a non deadly weapon) at someone who's armed without being ready to kill them? Answer the question.

Resisting arrest is one thing, doing it violently is another. Once you violently resist arrest, depending on the cop you're dealing with you might get shot.

You can if you know the person is in the process of committing a violent act against you or others. Depending on the officer, deadly force could be a reasonable response, even if it's not an ideal one.

Clown shyt:picard:

Black website huh

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yall transparent af
Yea I am

Yall transparent af
IAWTC

People have been watching way too much tv.

It should not be normal, that engaging in non-lethal force (Trying to pull away a taser) Running away - are "good enough" to shoot someone in the back.

The scale of the response is ridiculous, and many Americans regardless of race have come to NORMALIZE this type of overreaction. Running away from the police does not give them the right to shoot you in the back.

Punching an officer in the face, does not give them the right to SHOOT you.

Did they forget they have hands?

If this was a white man, they would have called it in and let him run or punched/tackled him. But he was Black, so they shot him in the back because Black people are animals to them and it was like shooting down a dog.

Ridiculous what we accept is OK in this country

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
@Houston911

another one

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
Clown shyt:picard:

Black website huh
Theres no intellectual response to what I'm saying because you don't have one. You didn't even answer my question.

I guess you need social media hashtags and CNN to answer it for you. Learn how to think for yourself, you liberal news avatar.