Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

Rawster

Relax Baby
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
La Perla
Couple things here:

Shields was allowed to resign for optics.

I'm not arguing with you guys when the facts have already been laid out. He was fired for unlawfully using deadly force. No matter what happened prior to him killing an unarmed man, the moment that he shot Rayshard he broke the law. You cannot shoot a fleeing man in the back. That is a crime.

So even if we want to penalize both sides from a legal standpoint, let's say Rayshard was guilty of DUI. Depending on his record, it may have been pleaded down to a moving violation. Not even a crime, but a violation.

The cop, is guilty of shooting a man in his back 3 times. Both of those two things can be true.

The thing is only one of the two took an Oath. And only one of the two came armed with a deadly weapon and used it in the most cowardly way possible, by shooting a man in the back.

Outside of a warrant or an arrest, someone cooperating with a police officer is entirely optional. He was never placed under arrest and had no warrants, nor was he ever informed that he was being detained or being placed under arrest for the crime of driving while intoxicated.

Put your hands behind your back are the kind of vague commands that police officers learn in the academy to get around respecting people's rights. You have to announce the arrest and read a person their Miranda rights if you are placing them under arrest. This dirty fukk would have had him willingly get handcuffed, driven him to the precinct and then got his blood work ran. Thus skipping the need for the probable cause for a warrant.

All of you guys keep bringing up the vague and rarely used parked DUI law. Anyone here actually ever been arrested for DUI while sitting in a parked car?
Because we have people using laws that they never knew existed before today as a justification for a police officer shooting an unarmed man in the back 3 times while he attempted to flee to safety.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Essentially we have two outcomes:

1. I made a thread that got bushed on this, but asking for cops "not to be racist" will get us nowhere. What we are asking for ultimately is an utter paradigm shift in American Policing and the systems that support it. Yall gotta understand: This would be the most drastic change in a American institution since the Department of Defense shifted from a Wartime application of US might into a tireless maintainer of Western Capitalism via "Foreign Policy" after WW2.

Lets say the Officer wouldve done "the right thing" and sent Raynard home in a Uber. But as raynard is getting out the uber, he slips, falls and breaks his arm. Yknow how that would play out?

:skip: "You wanted to see me sir?"

:beli:: "Bob, mind fukking telling me and the Chief (:leostare:) why you called a Uber for a Drunk and hes now suing the city?"

..The Law as an institution is constantly looking at the big picture and what protects them (and the city) from liability. Even under the best of circumstances, with the best of intentions, the Legal institutions have created a continuum of operations that protect the cops from liability while also empowering them to maintain law and order. Often time this occurs in a brutal, cold, and over bearing fashion.

IF we are to push for a major shift in Police reform, we have to keep in mind the other institutions (City Councils, Mayors Office, District and State Attorneys, the Court System) that have input and influence over them.

or

2. We as a community decide to perpetually self police with Autonomous zones. The Hipster Cacs in Seattle have set up a part of the community (Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone) where cops arent welcome. Aside from *probably* rampant drug use and prostitution, they seem to be doing just fine. I personally dont think its sustainable (people will eventually lose interest or start infighting), but its certainly a model to keep notice off.

I think these cacs realized that as long as capitalism and sheer American diversity exists, the Cops will not ever truly serve your community, so you might as well police yourself. I dont think they are wrong either.

Then call an ambulance / medical service and get them to take him home.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
fukkers tried to arrest him for no reason. Why can't he fight back? fukk the law. If they did there job correctly, all of this wouldve been avoided. Bro did what he needed to do, and ended up wrongfully detained and killed

Daps
There is obviously a pandemic of anti-black racist violence in the police forces in America.
fixed

police forces are FILLED with KKK members, skin heads, and other white supremacist groups
all the way up to the chief, commissioner, and police unions
that's not even counting the white supremacists who are not affiliated

they know they can sign up and taunt, frame, harass, rape, torture, and kill black people with zero repercussion

racism is everywhere on every level of society
symptoms include double standards, double speak, coded language and behavior, racism denial and apologists, race soldiers signing up for the police department, etc.

racism never went anywhere
racists just found new ways to be racist with the room for denial
e.g. "conservative" laws, coded language and actions, racism denial and racism apologists, Fox News, conservative media, police force mainly "policing" black people, paid c00ns, etc.

Last edited:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
reprogram resisting arrest?

Explain that to me in detail. I'm interested in hearing y'all outline this.
Reprogram your thinking so that your focus is on the bigger issue here...the one that makes you have to even have that conversation about what black people can or cannot do with police.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Why do Black people always fall for the “perfect victim” rhetoric that is pushed onto us by the racist media? :snoop:

This man’s conduct was not worthy of death and the police were wrong for their actions. Coupled with the fact that you know they would have handled it differently if he was white, that’s all that should matter.

We’re the only community that falls for this :snoop:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope the workers will be relocated to a nearby Wendy's. From what I seen, they're one of the last few in fast food that hire our black high school kids. McDonald's staff is 90% Mexican from what I seen.