Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
No. Your goal is keeping black people subservient. So, no, I'm not interested. When you're ready for freedom and equality, let us know.
Resisting arrest isn't black freedom.

You know what, call your parents and have that discussion. Ask them what they think about you supporting resisting arrest.

I want to know how you're raising your kids, how you were raised, and how you and your friends behave.

I'm on 3+ all black group-chats right now and the overwhelming majority feel that he'd probably be alive if he didn't resist arrest.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
The problem with some of y'all is y'all looking at life the way y'all want it to be versus the way it is. As a black man in Amerikkka, fighting an officer, resisting arrest, grabbing their weapon and running off is practically suicide. You gotta move better than this.

Obviously the cops were in the wrong since we all know how they treat white suspects versus black suspects. But with that said, we still unfortunately have to move different. The man was drunk so he wasn't in the right mind state and the whole situation sucks. If I'm drunk and behind the wheel and a cop sees me, I'm already expecting to go to jail at that point. Fighting and running isn't gonna help the situation any better.

We wanna live in this society where police treat us equally and with respect but Amerikkka is not the place for us for that. Instead of getting outraged after every incident I've learned to accept this and to start making plans to leave this country. So arguing and debating about what's morally right and wrong is useless. The cop could've shot him in the leg, so fukk him. Same time, breh should've just cooperated.

Full bodycam footage

Dirty Glove b*stard on Instagram: “The police officer who fired the fatal shots has been fired. #JusticeForRayshardBrooks”

you are the type of person who bends over when told and doesn’t put up a fight when fukked with no lube...an ol’ lie down and take it type bytch

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Breh, all love, but I'ma keep it simple for you. All the shyt I bolded? It's 2020 and we're off this way of thinking. You have to reprogram the way you think.

Truth of the matter is...the only reason that copped pulled the trigger is because he thought he could get away with pulling the trigger. That's all that matters here. Talking about why he thought he could, and making it clear future cops can't think that way...that's the only shyt we should be on right now. Everything else is a diversion.
reprogram resisting arrest?

Explain that to me in detail. I'm interested in hearing y'all outline this.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
How many people have been shot for less and haven't been murder suspects?

We used to run from the police all the time, the worst was a ass whooping if caught.

Not get shot for trying to not go to jail.
You like gambling with your life.

I advise black men and women not to do this.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
And bringing up respectability politics of "he shouldn't have fought/he had a weapon" in the face of legitimate criticisms on how the situation was handled by the officers involved does that how?

We both want the same thing, but with every post here you're seemingly doubling down on the idea that his death was justified and deserved when the sitting mayor in the city this happened in - who was a former judge before this mind you - even sees that the officers were in the wrong and calling for some form of punishment.

No matter what he did on film or off, no matter what either you or I believe may be legal or illegal in this situation, nothing warranted being gunned down like this.
Respectability politics is not cutting your hair for white bosses at work.

its not resisting arrest.

His death wasn't justified. He got shot because he gambled.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
If you're a black man living in America, you should already have a proper understanding of the social dynamics that exist out here for you. We're not white. They're not going to treat you the same, so when you get into these struggles and go for the weapons you're basically committing suicide.

As a black man you have to navigate American society with a greater deal of comprehension & understanding than any other race.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

--

Just hate how the deceased put himself in that position though. I can't ignore the fact he was in a Wendy's parking lot, drunk in his car. In the same token, in what world did the cop think it was okay to use deadly force against someone without a deadly weapon? I know the deceased had a stun gun but still, call backup then. Be Black in Amerikkka brehs. R.I.P

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I don't understand how cops aint on eggshells in the midst of the past few weeks of unrest. But this incident just highlights how they roll smh

They should've just let bruh run away.

(1) they had all his info (2) he was mostly likely gone run to his sister's crib, just find him there :snoop:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I feel it. There was a move to Africa thread. I asked about police-community relations in Ghana. Apparently cops beat you up there on the regular. As matter of policy. :heh:
There it's a matter of class. Every Black person from America will be living good in Ghana, shyt even Nigeria. You fukk with the wrong one in Nigeria/Ghana, you might not have a job. It's being Black in America no matter where you come from that's dangerous.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
The police themselves have determined that the arrest and shooting were both illegal and unwarranted and fired the officers involved and forced the police chief Erika Shields to step down.

Rayshard died with no charges filed on him. The DA has indicated that they would have declined to pursue the case if a DUI against Rayshard brought before the court.

Rayshard died with no warrants, open cases or crimes committed. He worked 6 days a week and took care of his wife, 3 daughters and a step-son.

A working man, father of 3, was killed for falling asleep in his car. The man fell asleep in a drive thru, had good enough sense of self to realize he shouldn't drive home, parked up and tried to sleep it off.

He was under no obligation to take field sobriety test or a breathalyzer. It is optional. The cops pressured him for 20 minutes to get him to voluntarily take that piece of shyt test.
To shoot down your angle @sportscribe to get parked DUI you have to be in control of the vehicle. With him being asleep with the car parked on a private lot, they would have had a hard time establishing control of the vehicle. That's why it is heavily stressed that it is circumstantial charge.

Rayshard was parked and sleep and they realized he was not a belligerent drunk, so they proceed to antagonize him for a half hour to find a reason to arrest him. From the gate he saw them attempting to railroad him, and let the officer know that he wanted avoid any issues.

It is not a matter of opinion. The police officer's own department, the Atlanta Police Department, reviewed the body cam and surveillance videos and determined in 1 day that the officer acted unlawfully and terminated him.

IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA, BY LAW YOU CAN RESIST AN UNLAWFUL ARREST WITH FORCE.

Ewumi v. State, 315 Ga. App. 656 (2012).
In 2012 The State of Georgia ruled that during an unlawful arrest, a man “was justified in resisting the attempted arrest with all force that was reasonably necessary to do so.”

you are not placed under arrest until you are read your miranda rights. Rayshard was never placed under arrest.

That officer is no longer employed by the Atlanta Police Department due to his behavior during this incident.

They have already determined that he was in the wrong. The same police department you guys are worshiping has determined that he was in the wrong for shooting an unarmed man in 1 business day.

The cops in Breonna Taylor's case have yet to be charged or fired, and this guy was fired in one day. And you really want to argue against us who are angry? when the fukking police agree with our assessment?

So yes this is the fukking hill for us to die on.

All Nap trolling aside @śïñe•qúå_nøn is spreading dangerous misinformation.

First claiming Rayshard was shot while fighting the police on the ground, hence spreading a false self-defense angle, already debunked by the police themselves, and now disproved with the release of more surveillance videos. He was shot in the back and the buttocks according to the EMS on the scene.

They waited over two minutes before they provided any life saving techniques to help him. The lack of humanity is enough of a reason to bush those pigs.

Now he is saying they told him that he was under arrest when he was never placed under arrest. The police have to notify you that you are being placed under arrest and read you your Miranda rights before you are arrested.

Neither of those things occurred in any of the videos that we have been provided.

Couple things here:

1. Bottoms had the officer fired to get ahead of this issue. The GBI are conducting an independent investigation and no ruling has been put out yet.

2. the Chief resigned. Not fired. Resigned. My guess is that she was between a rock and a hard place. Come down on the Officer and you lose the trust of your beat
cops or side with your beat cop but lose all community credibility.....I wouldve quit too.

3. In this climate, No D.A., in ATL of all places, woulda be stupid enough to put charges on a dead black man

4. You can get a parked car DUI just by being in the drivers seat, key in ignition or not. Sleep or not is irrelevant. If youre intoxicated youre intoxicated.

5. Youre exactly right, Raynard didnt have to submit to a Breathalyzer. The cops did indeed pressure him to take one. Why? Because if he wouldnt have then the cops wouldve had to procure a search warrant (which can be requested rapidly and digitally nowadays) to get his BAC from his blood. An officers job is to ensure that the evidence holds up in court and BAC is the best way to do so...the cops wanted the easiest way to get BAC. You might not like it but its within the Cop's right to do this (which is why ppl need to know their rights). Keep in mind that even IF he wouldnt have agreed to a Breathalyzer , they still couldve arrested him for a DWI based off breath scent, pupil distortion, speech patterns, behavior, posture etc. (yes even *if* he was passing the Field Sobriety test)