Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Just think... if breh would’ve sobered up or didn’t take his chances driving intoxicated, he would still be alive.

The cop shouldn’t had shot him though...they wasn’t in no danger of getting killed.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I don't understand how cops aint on eggshells in the midst of the past few weeks of unrest. They should've just let bruh run away.

(1) they had all his info (2) he was mostly likely gone run to his sister's crib, just find him there :snoop:
White officers really shouldn't be allowed to police Black people. It should be a felony if a white cop tries to police a Black man. They see us as the enemy. As long as you don't see us as human and you see us as enemies. You can't possibly police us.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If you're a black man living in America, you should already have a proper understanding of the social dynamics that exist out here for you. We're not white. They're not going to treat you the same, so when you get into these struggles and go for the weapons you're basically committing suicide.

As a black man you have to navigate American society with a greater deal of comprehension & understanding than any other race.
Precisely.

I step outside EVERY DAY knowing the rules are different for me.

Why are we acting like we don't have to move different out here?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Why did the cops tase him in the first place?

Just answer that.

1. They allowed him to move the car - even though they said that they thought on initial contact that they smelled alcohol. This showed that there is no strict line that means that had to arrest him. If there are no gray areas when it comes to enforcement the police themselves should be up on charges for allowing him to drive.
2. Why didn't they tell him that they were going to arrest him?
3. He was already out of the vehicle. Why not let him walk home? Why not drive him home? Targets?
4. Why did the staff call the police at all?

These are some of the actions which served to escalate rather than de-escalate the situation.

He also should not have been as chatty with them. They are not asking you questions to help you.

It's the UK but as crimebodge says "do not talk to or chit chat with the police".

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Precisely.

I step outside EVERY DAY knowing the rules are different for me.

Why are we acting like we don't have to move different out here?

We all agree the rules are different. The point is they shouldn't be. Some people who think the rules shouldn't be different think the best way to ensure equal treatment is to punish cops who treat us differently. Especially when the black person is acting up. Because there's always some video of a white person acting up the same way or worse and living to tell the tale. The argument goes, that as long as you accept the double standard, you're perpetuating it.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
4. You can get a parked car DUI just by being in the drivers seat, key in ignition or not. Sleep or not is irrelevant. If youre intoxicated youre intoxicated.
its a grey area, because with a lawyer you can typically beat this easy if you werent driving. they have to prove you operated the car, and no cop is showing up to court to go through that, because even he knows he cant prove that.

the law is stupid in the first place, you're saving lives by sleeping off your drunkness and you get a DUI? wtf. thats like promoting drunk driving.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Essentially we have two outcomes:

1. I made a thread that got bushed on this, but asking for cops "not to be racist" will get us nowhere. What we are asking for ultimately is an utter paradigm shift in American Policing and the systems that support it. Yall gotta understand: This would be the most drastic change in a American institution since the Department of Defense shifted from a Wartime application of US might into a tireless maintainer of Western Capitalism via "Foreign Policy" after WW2.

Lets say the Officer wouldve done "the right thing" and sent Raynard home in a Uber. But as raynard is getting out the uber, he slips, falls and breaks his arm. Yknow how that would play out?

:skip: "You wanted to see me sir?"

:beli:: "Bob, mind fukking telling me and the Chief (:leostare:) why you called a Uber for a Drunk and hes now suing the city?"

..The Law as an institution is constantly looking at the big picture and what protects them (and the city) from liability. Even under the best of circumstances, with the best of intentions, the Legal institutions have created a continuum of operations that protect the cops from liability while also empowering them to maintain law and order. Often time this occurs in a brutal, cold, and over bearing fashion.

IF we are to push for a major shift in Police reform, we have to keep in mind the other institutions (City Councils, Mayors Office, District and State Attorneys, the Court System) that have input and influence over them.

or

2. We as a community decide to perpetually self police with Autonomous zones. The Hipster Cacs in Seattle have set up a part of the community (Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone) where cops arent welcome. Aside from *probably* rampant drug use and prostitution, they seem to be doing just fine. I personally dont think its sustainable (people will eventually lose interest or start infighting), but its certainly a model to keep notice off.

I think these cacs realized that as long as capitalism and sheer American diversity exists, the Cops will not ever truly serve your community, so you might as well police yourself. I dont think they are wrong either.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah the more vids I watch, the angrier I get. That situation should have ended with him walking home or better yet, the officer driving him home.

Police are meant to protect and serve,
not trick someone into getting arrested.

He was clearly drunk but he was no longer driving. Make sure he gets home safe and doesn’t put anyone in danger. That’s your responsibility as an officer. Smh

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
its a grey area, because with a lawyer you can typically beat this easy if you werent driving. they have to prove you operated the car, and no cop is showing up to court to go through that, because even he knows he cant prove that.

the law is stupid in the first place, you're saving lives by sleeping off your drunkness and you get a DUI? wtf. thats like promoting drunk driving.

For sure but most people this happens to dont have the bread to lawyer up. This happened to a HS friend of mine BTW. Was 18 in college, chilling a parking lot, keys werent even in the ignition. Campus cop rolls up gets him for underage drinking and a DUI. He ate that charge and lost his scholarship.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
For sure but most people this happens to dont have the bread to lawyer up. This happened to a HS friend of mine BTW. Was 18 in college, chilling a parking lot, keys werent even in the ignition. Campus cop rolls up gets him for underage drinking and a DUI. He ate that charge and lost his scholarship.
I think the underage charge is what really did him in. I think if he were of age the cop might have let it slide.

I've had to lawyer up, it cost me 1.3k plus court fees. and she was only in there for 20 min :francis: :shaq2:

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Are bars open in Georgia? I'm wondering where he got drunk at? If he was drinking while driving he should have been arrested, that shyt is inexcusable.