Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After watching all of the 90 minute body cam footage it was definitely the scary a$$ cac pig’s fault, he went from 0 to 100.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
You like gambling with your life.

I advise black men and women not to do this.
Cops killing innocent blacks are a new indoctrination.

Like I said, back in the day they just used to whoop you if they caught you, not shoot you if you run away.

Little did you know you have the right to defend yourself from the police if assaulted....but you go head and cook..

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Shields was allowed to resign for optics.

I'm not arguing with you guys when the facts have already been laid out. He was fired for unlawfully using deadly force. No matter what happened prior to him killing an unarmed man, the moment that he shot Rayshard he broke the law. You cannot shoot a fleeing man in the back. That is a crime.

So even if we want to penalize both sides from a legal standpoint, let's say Rayshard was guilty of DUI. Depending on his record, it may have been pleaded down to a moving violation. Not even a crime, but a violation.

The cop, is guilty of shooting a man in his back 3 times. Both of those two things can be true.

The thing is only one of the two took an Oath. And only one of the two came armed with a deadly weapon and used it in the most cowardly way possible, by shooting a man in the back.

Outside of a warrant or an arrest, someone cooperating with a police officer is entirely optional. He was never placed under arrest and had no warrants, nor was he ever informed that he was being detained or being placed under arrest for the crime of driving while intoxicated.

Put your hands behind your back are the kind of vague commands that police officers learn in the academy to get around respecting people's rights. You have to announce the arrest and read a person their Miranda rights if you are placing them under arrest. This dirty fukk would have had him willingly get handcuffed, driven him to the precinct and then got his blood work ran. Thus skipping the need for the probable cause for a warrant.

All of you guys keep bringing up the vague and rarely used parked DUI law. Anyone here actually ever been arrested for DUI while sitting in a parked car?
Because we have people using laws that they never knew existed before today as a justification for a police officer shooting an unarmed man in the back 3 times while he attempted to flee to safety.

1. When Raysharrd started fighting the cops. He established himself as a threat. They couldve shot him right then and there. When he picked up the taser and pointed? He signed his death warrant. The cops now had complete authority to use lethal force, even *if* his back was turned. Not only can they cite "feared for my life" but also "he was a imminent threat to the officers and surrounding community". Prove them wrong.

2. This is a slippery slope admittedly. Custody/being under arrest has nothing to do with Miranda. Miranda must only be stated if a suspect is being arrested and has been interrogated. I think the line of questioning Rashard was put through constitutes as interrogating, but Im also not a lawyer.

3. The second that senior officer showed up, Rayshard was gonna be detained no matter what. He showed all indications of being drunk and thats not factoring in how he smelled. :yeshrug:

4. Like I said one of my boys had this type of DUI. They happen all the time.

Im not trying to argue with you bruh. My point in all this is illustrating the fact that so much of what the cops do is supported by the written law and other institutions. This shyt goes so much deeper than getting new cops.

Last edited:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's a question few ask, the Police in Nigeria are no better, they will fukk you up and have been known to take bribes

There it's a matter of class. Every Black person from America will be living good in Ghana, shyt even Nigeria. You fukk with the wrong one in Nigeria/Ghana, you might not have a job. It's being Black in America no matter where you come from that's dangerous.

Apparently, if you abuse your police powers on a class basis, everything is okay. :ahh:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watching the video of the incident is sad, so many things could have been avoided.

Can somebody with actual knowledge of the law explain what the correct procedure in that situation is in terms of initiating the arrest.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Low Quality Posting
you are the type of person who bends over when told and doesn’t put up a fight when fukked with no lube...an ol’ lie down and take it type bytch

According to some of you dumbasses we're supposed to be able to fight cops and leave the scene unscathed... :skip:

And that's after being pulled over for a DUI :skip:

"B-b-but white people do it and they don't get killed :to:"

Newsflash, we're not white! We have to move smarter. That's just the way it is. I ain't gonna sit here and keep crying about the way I wish the world was. Get out your feelings silly bytch.

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
If we are actually trying to get a foot in The door in terms of equal rights then we can't give a fukking inch... Even if you think its a 50/50 call on deadly force which there have been hundreds of those kind of posts in here you cant side with police...any reform any kind of law that we could change because of this case any officer we could potentially charge we need to push forward...NOW is time we get the benefit of the doubt in these toss ups... because we're like 0 for a million so far or something like that...its foot on neck season for all these a$$holes...i hope to see a manslaughter charge

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Cops killing innocent blacks are a new indoctrination.

Like I said, back in the day they just used to whoop you if they caught you, not shoot you if you run away.

Little did you know you have the right to defend yourself from the police if assaulted....but you go head and cook..
They didn't have tasers either to have pointed back at them.

Tell me what you're doing if someone points a taser at you.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the time to change this is before the cops are trying to put handcuffs on you.

Not what I'm asking. Should we, generally- as a whole, try to change the double standard. Or should we accept that we get killed for doing things white people survive?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Reprogram your thinking so that your focus is on the bigger issue here...the one that makes you have to even have that conversation about what black people can or cannot do with police.
If you or I were in that situation, we're not fighting not one, but two cops.

I don't see your point.