Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
For all of you who love case files: Ewumi v. State, 315 Ga. App. 656 (2012).
In 2012 The State of Georgia ruled that during an unlawful arrest, a man “was justified in resisting the attempted arrest with all force that was reasonably necessary to do so.”

Dapped.

But also looking into it further, in Georgia they also have something called a "parked car DUI" and the precedent for this is Lewis v. State, 149 Ga. App. 181, 254 S.E.2d 142.

Apparently you can be arrested for a DUI under "circumstantial reasons". Even just having your key in the ignition can get your arrested if you are under the influence.

For the record: I do not agree with the police officer killing a young black man in cold blood.

Last edited:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, they should have did what they do for drunk white boys and offered to drop him at the crib. Bro said his sister lives around the corner and he would walk. They do it all the time for other crackers.
Where do you live where this is the norm?
I agree with you, whoever called the cops on him are some punk ass fakkits but dude should know if you start swinging on cops it's not going to end well. He was an idiot, simple as.

If we start protesting any kind of bad behaviour just because the person is black it's going to take away from the real victims.
Exactly
TO THOSE BEING OBTUSE:

THE POLICE NEVER OBSERVED RAYSHARD BROOKS OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL.
THEY DID NOT PULL HIM OVER OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE.
THEY APPROACHED A SLEEPING MAN IN HIS PARKED VEHICLE ON A PRIVATE PARKING LOT AND ATTEMPTED TO UNLAWFULLY ARREST HIM.
IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA, BY LAW YOU CAN RESIST AN UNLAWFUL ARREST WITH FORCE.

For all of you who love case files: Ewumi v. State, 315 Ga. App. 656 (2012).
In 2012 The State of Georgia ruled that during an unlawful arrest, a man “was justified in resisting the attempted arrest with all force that was reasonably necessary to do so.”

The cop was immediately fired and the APD Chief resigned because they are legally and morally have no ground to stand on. The officer killed a man during an unlawful arrest.

You continually bringing up a "drunk tank." A white man's "drunk tank" arrest and trip through the system can mean death for a black person.
Ever heard of Sandra Bland, Eric Gardner or Freddie Gray Jr.?

When the police approached Rayshard's car he was unarmed and asleep. He took the weapon of a predatory stranger, who was possibly attempting to kidnap and murder him.

Between your post here and your post in the Covid-19 threads I've noticed that You seem to lack empathy for certain people.

:mjpls:

TO THOSE STILL BEING OBTUSE:

THE POLICE NEVER OBSERVED RAYSHARD BROOKS OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL.
THEY DID NOT PULL HIM OVER OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE.
THEY APPROACHED A SLEEPING MAN IN HIS PARKED VEHICLE ON A PRIVATE PARKING LOT AND ATTEMPTED TO UNLAWFULLY ARREST HIM.
IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA, BY LAW YOU CAN RESIST AN UNLAWFUL ARREST WITH FORCE.

Them white boys get pulled over in Virginia Highlands and are allowed to park up and catch an Uber home. Bro was parked up walking distance from the crib and they was trying to send him through the system during a fukking pandemic. It's a clear double standard and the whole city knows that it is.

The police showed up after this man already made a decision not to drive drunk, and attempted to arrest him for a "crime" that he himself already thwarted.

when they arrived he was off public roads and his car he legally parked his car in the parking lot.
There was no longer a problem, so At that point why was the cops involvement still needed?

What the police observed was his man sleeping in his parked car, on a private parking lot with his engine running to keep the AC flowing on an 85 degree night.

He was killed during an illegal DUI arrest. The officer that killed him needs to be charged.

:pacspit:
There was absolutely nothing illegal about the arrest

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Dapped.

But also looking into it further, in Georgia they also have something called a "parked car DUI" and the precedent for this is Lewis v. State, 149 Ga. App. 181, 254 S.E.2d 142.

Apparently you can be arrested for a DUI under "circumstantial reasons". Even just having your key in the ignition can get your arrested if you are under the influence.

Yep. I think they say if you wanna sleep off a DUI in a car, leave the keys outside (under the car) and you're good. Im paraphrasing

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
He failed the breathalyzer test but the field sobriety test that he was given, he was passing them. If he failed them, show me and I'll stand corrected

Nobody saying they should have let him drive, hell no one is sayinylg the cops are in the wrong for arresting him (at least I'm not), but shooting him.....can't justify it
According to the cop he was failing those tests

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only thing the 1st cop fukked up was not being able to subdue breh when shyt started poppin off, seemed like he was gonna let him go till the 2nd fed rolled up

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
What seems to not be computing for a few of y'all is that even if a someone is in the wrong, that doesn’t mean they deserve death.

Yes, it was a terrible look to fight a cop. But does that mean he deserved to die with a bullet in his back when the situation never escalated to the point where it warranted that response? Or that he should've been denied due process?

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Given the current climate it's understandable why emotions are high and this thread has gotten so many pages.

However, we know as black men (and women for that matter) the do's and don'ts of interacting with police. Fighting police physically will never end well; at best you will get arrested for assaulting a police officer and at worst they can kill you.

This is not to justify what happened in this situation. Police should only resort to deadly force as a last option, but the optics of this don't look good. He took a weapon from them and was turning around to attempt to use it. Police have killed black men FOR LESS and have gotten away with it.

There are reasons to fight the police, but getting lawfully arrested for a DUI is not one of them.

HOWEVER, this is not to excuse the actions of the pigs. They didn't have to detain him let alone kill him. Some more reasonable cops could have allowed him to park his car, leave it there overnight and take a taxi home as he was not endangering anyone by simply being parked there.

R.I.P to the breh.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Nope. You can hear the 3x "pops" at 0:18

Tasers only fire once and they don't make that sound.

He got shot at (possibly hit) before he ran away then the cop chased.

Since when are police handguns yellow? That's clearly a taser dumbass.

There's models that shoot more than once, a fact you could've found out within seconds of google.

Here's a better quality video than that bullshyt android footage you're latching onto:

Dirty Glove b*stard on Instagram: “The police officer who fired the fatal shots has been fired. #JusticeForRayshardBrooks”

Yet something else you could've easily found within seconds of google.

So once again, why are you spamming blatant misinformation?

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
What seems to not be computing for a few of y'all is that even if a someone is in the wrong, that doesn’t mean they deserve death.

Yes, it was a terrible look to fight a cop. But does that mean he deserved to die with a bullet in his back when the situation never escalated to the point where it warranted that response? Or that he should've been denied due process?
And a lot of posters are more focused on the scuffle, then the end result in death. Like yeah he dead but...then go on a 2 paragraph diatribe. Clearly tryna defend them p*ssy ass cops.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you tell your kids to do what Mr Brooks did at minute 29?

I'm just asking you.

I love my friends and family enough to tell them that we're already black. Don't do this:

I asked you a very specific question, and you responded with a trolljob.

You are a Coward, whatever your name is. You don't have to be a coward forever. You can change it at anytime.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
*scratch record*

just woke up from my nap and more footage is out. hol up HOL THE fukk UP.

he wasnt resisting. he started getting aggressive AFTER THEY TURNT UP.

ok nope. NOPE. fukk that. their ass whopping was justified.

i see even fox is siding with the atl dude.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Its a DUI. He's not a murder suspect.

You know what?

fukk it.

Run from the cops next time you get pulled over. since you're really on that wave.

Show us how its done.
How many people have been shot for less and haven't been murder suspects?

We used to run from the police all the time, the worst was a ass whooping if caught.

Not get shot for trying to not go to jail.