Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He was sleep. Since clearly wasn't trying to drive drunk. He even offered to walk home and they arrest him anyway. No, I dont agree with his decision to resist arrest and run.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Ban from thread seems appropriate

nikkas talking about if dude beat my ass I’d shoot him too if he was running.

yall the worst type of nikkas because that happens every day as well.

You left out the part of him having a taser and appearing to have fired it while he was running. From video evidence we have seen so far I don't see an unjustified use of force. My opinion could change based on other evidence such as the officers body cam. If the officer knew that cartridge of the taser was empty or he was out of distance my opinion would change.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
You left out the part of him having a taser and appearing to have fired it while was running. From the evidence and video evidence we have seen so far I don't see an unjustified use of force. My opinion could change based on other evidence such as the officers body cam. If the officer knew that cartridge of the taser was empty or he was out of distance my opinion would change.
A taser breh

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That situation could have been handled in minutes. The purposely just felt like fukking with this man. Why would they wait 20 minutes to give him a breathalyzer test, if they knew he would fail anyway. The man was pleading saying he will stay in the parking lot... whatever it took to make it home... If he is 2 minutes away. Could have easily made him walk... or maybe actually calling his girlfriend to come pick him up. Or Put him in the back of the car like they do the white boys till they sober up. And the girlfriend...cops didn’t care to verify that story.

Cops are supposed to de-escalate. But I have never seen a situation to this day with a black man to where it was not escalated. Regardless of resisting arrest. Cops were trying to get him agitated and flustered .. and when conflict arose with the scuffle , they shot at that man 3 times, running away and posing no lethal threat to anybody. A taser is non lethal. Having a cup in your hand and throwing it at a copS head is more lethal. If any of us shot a man with his back turnt, we would all go to jail.

1LurkerChick9

All Star
Daps
Breh.. how is that even realistic?

Dude just assaulted two police officers, resisted arrest, ran off with their weapon, and tried using it on them. If that's not a reason to use your weapon idk what is. The cops were actually being very patient with breh. Cops usually go Rambo in these situations.

Yes, we know. Cops treat white people more humanely. Welcome to Amerikkka. How is it 2020 and we still complaining about this? That's never going to change which I said in one of my posts. I just seen a video of some white boy literally fighting a cop, attempting to steal the cops car, then getting back in his own car and driving off without the cop firing off a single shot. Yes, they play favorites. Why are we acting like this is new? But in this particular situation, the cop had every right to use his weapon. It's ashame breh had to die.

Saddest post I've seen by an (allegedly) black male on here, ever.

People are protesting world wide, conversations are happening , Black America has the world's attention and he's telling people to give up?

Not only that but justifying this man being shot in the back while running away because he was the wrong color?

PLEASE coli brehs and brehettes , raise your children to take pride in their blackness instead of SHAME

macadomusic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They woke this man up out his sleep, and fucced with him for damn near 30 minutes. And instead of letting him walk home and putting his keys in the trunk (which is what they are supposed to do) they try to arrest him for....................idk sleeping???

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
Its seems dudes in here want to have this convo in a vacuum....like folks aren't out protesting around the whole world...like this country isn't going through a fundamental shift Right now because of the dehumanizing way we are being treated by white supremacists with pistols. The police don't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.. they lost that right. the time the cop fired the shots he was not in imminent danger...the man was running away without a deadly weapon.. that is not grounds to kill someone..he was a dui suspect not a murder suspect...set up a perimeter and do actual police work...that soft ass cop got manhandled got embarrassed and killed a man because he couldn't do his job right

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The bottom line is if regular civilians would be found of murder in a situation such as this, due to the victim running away. We would all go to prison. If a man runs in your home and punches every member of your family and steals your tv you better shoot them then... because the second they exit the house with their back turnt running away. You are now in pursuit and will be charged with murder .. because it is not look as justified. It’s looked at as revenge.

so why should a trained professional who is supposed to operate with a superior and higher standard of professional care not culpable.

That’s why they gotta go .

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Thats still an aggressive action further escalating the situation. At that point a reasonable person could have decided to either shoot him or not. Maybe 3 out of ten police officers would not have shot him in that situation

How are you the voice of reason saying shyt like that? Any reasonable person would chase after him and apprehend him. Not shoot him. The fact that you and people like you are actually justifying this murder is why we're having these protests in the 1st place.

Last edited:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-The cops should have never been called. Someone should have knocked on the window.
-Since the cops showed up, they should have pulled him to the side, called an uber for him like they do the college drunk white boys.
-They should not have arrested him.

Naw, Just saw the extended body cam footage. Dude admitted to drunk driving and falling asleep in the drive through line so it was wrap ( around 22 min mark). He was getting arrested. And he deserved to be arrested for DUI cause he was clearly drunk and contradicting himself in his explanations and his story all over the place. And the original cop that claims to have woke him up and saw him driving and parking his car probably has body cam/ dash cam footage. The more videos come out the worse the optics look. You will always lose the coulda woulda shoulda argument with cops cause its legally it comes down to what they can do not whats morally right or wrong. Yall trying to make moral arguments not realizing you are behind enemy lines and at war.

Dont lump this with george floyd or breana taylor. Thats what they want to see so they can discredit the whole movement.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Are you really claiming that An unarmed black man being killed on camera by the police wouldn't have a thread made on it a month ago? So you don't think this is something black people should be fighting for?

After seeing us tear shyt up for the last month Who would say something like that?

:mjpls:
hes not unarmed. He stole and pointed back an incapacitating weapon at armed police officers after a fight with them. What do you think is the result most of the time that happens? He’d be back at home by now had he went to the station, and if his BAC lowered enough by the time they administered the official blood draw at the station he wouldn’t even have a DUI charge. shyts being torn down to its rotten core due to many layers of systemic racism in every aspect of life whether it be things like education, health care all the way up to and including race based unnecessary police brutality with no repercussions that has resulted in untold numbers of murders and improper incarcerations over the years. Taylor’s killers still free men somehow. The need for 4 cops to respond to a 20 dollar grocery transaction. Shooting within seconds upon arrival of a scene with a child sitting in a park. Immediately shooting a guy in a Walmart aisle browsing merchandise. Just read another instance of a guy sleeping in a car that was shot up as soon as he awoke and was startled by the police presence and they just opened fire. No consequences at all for the involved police. No justice for so many others. This isn’t one of those cases. He was talked to calmly for the better part of an hour, asked to put his hands behind his back then fought arrest and took their weapon and pointed it back at them. All bets are off at that point it’s a gamble that you might not live thru

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Bring hyper militant/pro black is THE only way to get any type of real change in this country. I’m still astounded that people like you could so utterly fail to comprehend this basic point.

ANY and EVERY time a black man/woman/child is killed under dubious circumstances we need to have our collective foots up these pigs asses. NO BLACK LIFE should be a life overlooked or unappreciated, because these Klansmen in blue Do NOT spare every opportunity to make sure they take their fellow cacs alive.

The pastor in Detroit who was being assaulted by five Cacs, and when he called the police the Klasmen in blue arrested HIM

The Breona Taylor incident

The Tamir Rice incident

The Goerge Floyd incident

The Rayshard Brooks incident

And many many many many many MANY more...

All fall under the same umbrella. Undervalued black life. PERIOD.

What real change? What, some streets with black lives matter painted on them? Or a street named black lives matter? What change? Demilitarization of the police? And using Bodycams? What change? Firing one racist chief of police and replacing him with another? What change?

With all these changes made in the last decade mfs still been getting killed and racially profiled by police. What more can be done if Bodycams aren't enough at this point? Breonna Taylor's killers ain't ever getting arrested so what change? Yes, every now and then we get a win (George Floyd) but that's one out of many situations that go unnoticed. People acting like these protests are gonna change things like we haven't protested for YEARS. Excuse me if I'm not optimistic about THIS time being different when situations like George Floyd are still happening in 2020.

AMERIKKKA IS A LOST CAUSE. All we doing is fighting a never ending battle. Y'all keep looking at things the way y'all wish it was, I'm looking at it for what it is. We can win some battles but we're never winning the war. At least not in this lifetime.

And it's funny you say no black life should be overlooked, cuz I made a thread about 92 people getting shot in Chicago and 27 being killed and it ended up getting deleted and dismissed. Majority, if not all those shootings were BLACK LIVES. We make 13% of the population yet commiting genocide in our communities at disproportionately larger numbers than any other race. But go ahead , tell me how people kill within their own communities to dismiss the fact that we do it at a much larger scale than any other race in this country. Cops killing us, we killing us. But I'm only suppose to be mad at one instead of both or else I'll get labeled a c00n.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
More body cam footage.

I'm a black man in this world.

I just wish he did not fight them as he tried to put the cuffs on at 29 minutes.

This lasted for TWENTY NINE MINUTES before shyt went left.

WHY DID HE FIGHT THEM??? :snoop:

This didn't have to end this way.

eh, i can't fault him. it's known whether you comply or not you can end up dead at the hands of the police. :yeshrug:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Saddest post I've seen by an (allegedly) black male on here, ever.

People are protesting world wide, conversations are happening , Black America has the world's attention and he's telling people to give up?

Not only that but justifying this man being shot in the back while running away because he was the wrong color?

PLEASE coli brehs and brehettes , raise your children to take pride in their blackness instead of SHAME
Tell me what happened at 29 minutes.

I'll wait.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
How are you the voice of reason saying shyt like that? An reasonable person would chase after him and apprehend him. Not shoot him. The fact that you and people like you are actually justifying this murder is why we're having these protests in the 1st place.

They tried to apprehend him and he got away but that's besides the point though. It all boils down to the point in which he pointed that taser at that cop. At that point the cop had a decision to make and from the evidence that I saw I don't think it was unreasonable for him to fire shots.