Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Is a taser not an incapacitating weapon suddenly if fired while running away? You’re ignoring literally everything that led to this. Are you giving a fukk about this in 2019? Someone pointing a taser at a cop and dying comes and goes like a fart in the wind at any other time than now. The audacity to compare this to Walter Scott also is frankly appalling

No excuse to shoot a person in the back. I'm not excusing the video. Shooting a person in the back in unacceptable.

Things can escalate quickly based on their behavior

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tasers are deadly weapons all of a sudden. Is that what we are going with? Because cops use them often. Like the cops who taser those students siting in a car. Are those cops being charged for attempted murder? We can’t flip flop. Either it’s a deadly weapon and should be treated as such or it’s not.

The dude did himself no favours but he was also under the influence. The police knew that right? They messed up the handling of this situation. How does a drunk sleeping in his car get shot in the back. The way cops handle conflict seriously needs reform. At least with black people involved.

If cops can’t diffise situations why the hell are they given a gun and that kind of authority. The whole mrntality of cops needs to change. On top of that, why is it always shoot to kill. Why not shoot in the legs?

I don’t see anything happening to these cops. Picking up the shell casings seems suspect though.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
No excuse to shoot a person in the back. I'm not excusing the video. Shooting a person in the back in unacceptable.

Things can escalate quickly based on their behavior
Shooting Walter Scott in the back is unacceptable. Shooting someone pointing a weapon in your general direction while running in the back is certainly more justifiable and not at all surprising , even if armchair folks like ourselves think restraint should have been used at that point. He’d be out in a few hours once the morning paperwork was processed. I haven’t even gone to bed yet. He’d be home before I get up. He chose otherwise unfortunately.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Tasers are deadly weapons all of a sudden. Is that what we are going with? Because cops use them often. Like the cops who taser those students siting in a car. Are those cops being charged for attempted murder? We can’t flip flop. Either it’s a deadly weapon and should be treated as such or it’s not.

The dude did himself no favours but he was also under the influence. The police knew that right? They messed up the handling of this situation. How does a drunk sleeping in his car get shot in the back. The way cops handle conflict seriously needs reform. At least with black people involved.

If cops can’t diffise situations why the hell are they given a gun and that kind of authority. The whole mrntality of cops needs to change. On top of that, why is it always shoot to kill. Why not shoot in the legs?

I don’t see anything happening to these cops. Picking up the shell casings seems suspect though.
It’s not deadly, but it’s definitely incapacitating, that’s why it’s used by cops. If not police, who should be dispatched to deal with drivers under the influence? They talked with him for 40 minutes. That’s 35 more than I’d have spent talking to him knowing he’s drunk as fukk. At the drop of a hat it turned physical. What should have been handled differently? Stalking only makes it more likely a DUI is dismissed. If anything it’s bad policing to talk with a suspected DUI that long. Nothings admissible in court until you get down to the station and a blood draw is performed by an official. On scene breathalyzers and sobriety tests don’t mean shyt. They just give you cause to make an arrest. He’s even more likely to beat the DUI if he’s close to borderline by talking it out for 40 minutes then getting arrested. He might dip below the threshold by the time they do an admissible test

Last edited:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Shooting Walter Scott in the back is unacceptable. Shooting someone pointing a weapon in your general direction while running in the back is certainly more justifiable and not at all surprising , even if armchair folks like ourselves think restraint should have been used at that point. He’d be out in a few hours once the morning paperwork was processed. I haven’t even gone to bed yet. He’d be home before I get up. He chose otherwise unfortunately.

Don't call me armchair. I've been in handcuffs and had the passenger slammed on my head while I was on my knees in Mount Greenwood. I had unmarked pull up on me on 115th and St. Lawrence, knock my hat off and been called all type of shyt by the law. The pulled up on ATV's when I was in the park with my cousin. I got out here more than you. I got a laundry list of police bullshyt I've dealt with personally.

To your point, nobody should be shot in the back. Laws need to be changed. People like you kill me thinking police don't act like hoes. Again, you don't shoot a person in the back. If your instinct is to shoot, you need to find a new profession.

I'm not a criminal by any stretch of the imagination. Wrong is wrong. They both knew it was a taser. He wasn't a cereal killer. No reason to kill him especially if he was drunk.

Now that I think about it, how does a drunk person over power 2 police officers? Alcohol and PCP are two different things

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
It’s not deadly, but it’s definitely incapacitating, that’s why it’s used by cops. If not police, who should be dispatched to deal with drivers under the influence? They talked with him for 40 minutes. That’s 35 more than I’d have spent talking to him knowing he’s drunk as fukk. At the drop of a hat it turned physical. What should have been handled differently? Stalking only makes it more likely a DUI is dismissed. If anything it’s bad policing to talk with a suspected DUI that long. Nothings admissible in court until you get down to the station and a blood draw is performed by an official. On scene breathalyzers and sobriety tests don’t mean shyt. They just give you cause to make an arrest. He’s even more likely to beat the DUI if he’s close to borderline by talking it out for 40 minutes then getting arrested. He might dip below the threshold by the time they do an admissible test

At what point would you shoot him?

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Don't call me armchair. I've been in handcuffs and had the passenger slammed on my head while I was on my knees in Mount Greenwood. I had unmarked pull up on me on 115th and St. Lawrence, knock my hat off and been called all type of shyt by the law. The pulled up on ATV's when I was in the park with my cousin. I got out here more than you. I got a laundry list of police bullshyt I've dealt with personally.

To your point, nobody should be shot in the back. Laws need to be changed. People like you kill me thinking police don't act like hoes. Again, you don't shoot a person in the back. If your instinct is to shoot, you need to find a new profession.

I'm not a criminal by any stretch of the imagination. Wrong is wrong. They both knew it was a taser. He wasn't a cereal killer. No reason to kill him especially if he was drunk.

Now that I think about it, how does a drunk person over power 2 police officers? Alcohol and PCP are two different things
Everyone discussing this I’m this thread is an armchair. You’re still here because you didn’t point a taser at a cop after overpowering him for it. You know why you didn’t? Because you know it would end the same. That’s why I haven’t in any run ins with police. Cops shoot folks armed with knives from distance all the time. Tasers are just as much, or more, or a threat from distance as they can actually incapacitate you if fired. Unless you’re Bruce lee not many folks are worried about someone throwing a knife from afar. There’s some video of a cop shooting some old ass white lady charging them with scissors. Is that not justified?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

So at what part should he have been shot? Cops need to be able to de-escalate a situation. Many do, many fail and the ones who fail should not be cops. Thry are going to get off but lost in this is how a situation got escalated to the point a man was shot while running from the police.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
So at what part should he have been shot? Cops need to be able to de-escalate a situation. Many do, many fail and the ones who fail should not be cops. Thry are going to get off but lost in this is how a situation got escalated to the point a man was shot while running from the police.
They talked for 40 minutes. He calmly asked him to put his hands behind his back. Who escalated things?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
He had already shown pretty poor judgement so you can't just let him walk away with a weapon as you don't know what he is going to do with it, at the very least he deserved an ass whooping but they still would have burned the Wendy's down.

You can say poor cop training and all that but don't grab a cops weapon and point it at them and expect nothing bad to happen it's pretty fukking simple.

And it is a personal thing for me but I have no sympathy for drunk drivers as they are all fukking pieces of shyt no matter what race they are.
Agreed... Especially with the bold.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Everyone discussing this I’m this thread is an armchair. You’re still here because you didn’t point a taser at a cop after overpowering him for it. You know why you didn’t? Because you know it would end the same. That’s why I haven’t in any run ins with police. Cops shoot folks armed with knives from distance all the time. Tasers are just as much, or more, or a threat from distance as they can actually incapacitate you if fired. Unless you’re Bruce lee not many folks are worried about someone throwing a knife from afar. There’s some video of a cop shooting some old ass white lady charging them with scissors. Is that not justified?

I said I dont agree. My point is not shooting a man in the back. They both knew it was a taser. Your armchair militant steez with me is voided. Shooting a man in is back his not justified. He deployed the taser and was still running. You have zero idea how shyt heats up and escalates.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I said I dont agree. My point is not shooting a man in the back. They both knew it was a taser. Your armchair militant steez with me is voided. Shooting a man in is back his not justified. He deployed the taser and was still running. You have zero idea how shyt heats up and escalates.
Did you watch this heat up and escalate? Who’s at fault? Doesn’t matter what they knew it was. It’s a weapon that renders someone hit with it generally paralyzed, and it was pointed in their direction after a physical confrontation upon arrest. I wouldn’t know what to do in that situation because I’m smart enough to avoid it altogether

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Did you watch this heat up and escalate? Who’s at fault? Doesn’t matter what they knew it was. It’s a weapon that renders someone hit with it generally paralyzed, and it was pointed in their direction after a physical confrontation upon arrest. I wouldn’t know what to do in that situation because I’m smart enough to avoid it altogether

Neither one of us do.How does a drunk person out of their sleep overpower two police officers? Police resort to shooting him in the back.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
:mjtf:

He was being arrested for a DUI in which he is guilty of. How in any shape or form does that warrant physically attacking a cop and pointing a taser. You do realize that is a crime right? Self defense isnt applicable here. Tasers are also capable of serious harm if misused.

You do realize that none of those crimes are punishable with death right?

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Neither one of did. How does a drunk person out of their sleep overpower two police officers? Police resort to shooting him in the back.
Police officer doesn’t equate to boxing light heavyweight. Someone gets the jump on you and a couple out of shape cops are overpowered in seconds, as seen here. He’s more than a half hour post nap, what does sleep matter? It’s completely irrelevant at that point other than the reason he is a suspected DUI