Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

Daps
Are yall serious with this shyt? Dude was clearly drunk and couldve killed someone on the road. Alot of drunk drivers just want to go home, but DUI arrest are meant to teach a lesson. I've been in this position before, and the cop actually let me go and followed me home. I'm black but if the cop had arrested me I wouldve have 100% deserved it cause I was risking the lives of others.
You would have 100% deserved to be shot while running away after stealing a taser? Really?

:lupe:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

he didn't do shyt?

Did we not see him resisting and fighting the cop?

Dude had that drunk courage, gambled, and lost.

Sad situation, but you're not going to win in that scenario.

My BLACK mother and my BLACK father would be upset as hell if she knew I wasn't just complying and taking the L.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
For everybody saying don't die on this hill

Idk about you but I'm fukking EXHAUSTED from waking up hearing about another UNARMED black man killed by white guys wearing a fukking costume that allows them to KILL us...This Rambo style of policing hasn't worked for our community for our entire existence...this case just highlights the need for a community style police where we aren't being killed like dogs in the street...that man just wanted to go home and wasn't a threat...he didn't harm anybody....He should be at home with his daughter..shyt has to change quick because they haven't seen what people are possible of when they're actually done with the bullshyt
Yo, mods, this is yet another post by this user, in a thread about a defenseless black man murdered by police, where he blames the victim. Look at his rep. At some point, shouldn't this dude be banned? This dude is obviously not black. Just saying...

:francis:
Why did they tase him?

Daps
This happened to me nearly 2 years ago, almost verbatim (they woke me up out of my sleep). Shyt coulda went waaaaaay left... :wow: luckily I got off with some cuts and bruises, because when they were loading me into the cruiser, I caught a glance of one of those fakkit pigs puttin up a big ass rifle. Them hoe ass cops had it trained on me the entire time and I ain't even know it.

fukk 12 to tha twelve trillionth power!
In 2007, I fell asleep in the driveway of a Burger King. I remember being startled by this loud sound, waking up to one of the Burger Kings employee knocking on my window. I was in the driveway, blocking a long procession of cars that were honking at me. Thankful it wasn't 5 that knocked on that window, though I did eventually catch a DUI a couple years later.

:snoop:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A toothpick can cause serious harm if misused. Doesn't make it a deadly weapon.
Bronx teenager suffers facial fractures after allegedly being tased by NYPD, lawyer tells CNN - CNN

Keep it a buck, if a stranger started physically attacking you then pulled a taser on you youd probably shoot if you were strapped. Now imagine it being your job to actually restrain this person. That's why I say this shouldnt be lumped with the george floyd types of tragedies. Not the same imo.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Yeah, it’s not fun but to be honest it should’ve never gotten to that point.

If he needed to be subdued, they should’ve been able to handle it on the ground or if they were smart, considering what’s going on, they would’ve called in more back up.
Calling for back up was the best option.

There's also the element of pride. Like you gonna call for back up and admit you were subdued by a drunk guy and he stole your taser? :picard:

Lotta dudes aint goin out like that. his incompetent ass let it get to that point

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It's a taser. What the fukk are you even arguing? It is not a deadly weapon. WHAT THE fukk AM I READING? He was accosted by armed police officers. Is he not supposed to defend himself? Because, honestly, that is what one is to take from your defense of his murder. He shouldn't have defended himself. So, black people don't have a right to defend themselves from the police. If Police accost you, you must submit or you are rightfully subject to murder. That's what you're saying, just so we are clear. Kill yourself, you remedial fakkit.

:pacspit:
Why did the cops tase him in the first place?

Just answer that.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
I've had a few bad incidents with them. How do they survive so long? On the force, I mean.

Police unions and fraternal orders. Plus cops don’t like to turn on other cops..if a patrol officer gets overweight, you won’t hear of reprimands coming from brass so you got these fat faggits out here trying to do active police work. Yet when you get a situation like this, the officers are too dumb and too out of shape to handle a physical confrontation like this and resort to using guns to bring folks down.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
A toothpick can cause serious harm if misused. Doesn't make it a deadly weapon.
oh ok, this is where the "serious" arguments come out now :stopitslime:

This ain't a video game homie.

If a cop tells you that you're under arrest, only so many other outcomes are on the table there.

I WISH the cops had just taken him home or called him a ride, but that didn't happen here.

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
So him pointing the taser justified him getting shot 3 times in the back while fleeing?
What would you have done since you seem to have all the answers?

The cops fukked up.

You NEVER try to utilize your sidearms (or tasers) as an officer from a “unstable” position (I.E. rolling on the ground, etc.). Weapon retention is paramount when you’re engaged physically with a subject, they completely went off the rails..THIS IS DAY ONE shyt they teach you in the first week of police academy.

It shouldn’t have taken TWO goddamn officers to subdue a subject without harming them. These fukkers were basically brawling..no technique, no discipline, no weapons retention. From a citizen’s point of view, you’re basically engaging me like an regular nikka that happens to be armed and will be treated as such. I will fight for my life.

The man RAN AWAY while being tased, I don’t see where he pointed the taser at the cops but IT DOES NOT MATTER..Tasers are just like MACE, they’re non lethal deterrents. There’s no excuse for using deadly force... let the man run, call for backup, set perimeter and follow protocol.
You know you actually kinda made sense up until this point. #1: You don't think a taser hit to the face can't do damage? #2: What makes you think that a white cop is just gonna let you run away after overpowering him and his partner. Of course he gon try to get instant revenge and chase you down. I can tell some of y'all never have or just don't know how to really deal with 12. And that goes back to my original post about how black people need to be moving smarter in this day and age he should have just taken the L and went to jail. He shouldn't have been drunk driving in the first place. Either chill where you're at until you're sober or go somewhere WHERE PPL DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE AROUND YOU AND YOU'RE LOWKEY. This brother could have avoided his own demise if he wouldve made some better decisions on this night point black period. Instead a daughter is without a father and a wife is without her husband. Sad but once again this life as a black american.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Why isn't this an option?
Because he’s driving drunk. DUI is so under criminalized in the country it’s insane. It’s absurdly dangerous. There should be no “just take someone home” if they’ve been on the roads drunk. Should it escalate to this? Of course not, but who escalated it? It’s absolutely an arrest, anyone arguing otherwise is just being obtuse. Drunk drivers should get auto jail time. fukk all of them. But that’s a different issue. Way too lenient on DUI as a whole.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Police unions and fraternal orders. Plus cops don’t like to turn on other cops..if a patrol officer gets overweight, you won’t hear of reprimands coming from brass so you got these fat faggits out here trying to do active police work. Yet when you get a situation like this, the officers are too dumb and too out of shape to handle a physical confrontation like this and resort to using guns to bring folks down.

This is what I thought. It's a damn shame. I may be very naive but how don't they see WRONG IS WRONG? shyts crazy.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Because he’s driving drunk. DUI is so under criminalized in the country it’s insane. It’s absurdly dangerous. There should be no “just take someone home” if they’ve been on the roads drunk. Should it escalate to this? Of course not, but who escalated it? It’s absolutely an arrest, anyone arguing otherwise is just being obtuse. Drunk drivers should get auto jail time. fukk all of them. But that’s a different issue. Way too lenient on DUI as a whole.

Was he sleep? From all indications shyt was going smooth. Would you shoot him in the back?