Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Are yall serious with this shyt? Dude was clearly drunk and couldve killed someone on the road. Alot of drunk drivers just want to go home, but DUI arrest are meant to teach a lesson. I've been in this position before, and the cop actually let me go and followed me home. I'm black but if the cop had arrested me I wouldve have 100% deserved it cause I was risking the lives of others.
I'm saying that, like in your situation, there were other ways to resolve this.

He clearly didn't want to endanger anyone that's why he was sleeping in a parking lot and told them that he'd happily walk home.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So him pointing the taser justified him getting shot 3 times in the back while fleeing?
:mindblown: Before shooting and killing someone it should be thought out. Cops life was never in danger. He should be able to assess that properly. If he is incapable then he shouldn't be a cop. They don't get to make these kind of mistakes.
U cant shoot a fleeing unarmed suspect period, thats a surefire way to get charged, supreme court ruled on it, its clear law.

... .. especially in this climate, u gotta be a real dumb azz to do that.

I'll never understand how you shoot a person running away or not a threat. This shyt is just bothersome :snoop:
You would have 100% deserved to be shot while running away after stealing a taser? Really?

:lupe:

I'm going to keep posting this so so hopefully one of you explain this to me.

My BLACK mother and my BLACK father would have never tolerated me SWINGING ON A COP.

He got shot before he ran off.

Did you not see this?

I'm just trying to get someone to explain how anything other than this scenario was going to happen.

A white cop is just going to get swung on like this?

Fam, show me a cop who won't consider shooting you in a split second after swinging on them and taking their taser.

Thats not how this works.

He got shot before he ran for stealing the taser and swinging on the cop.

Tell me if I'm wrong about this:

He swings at a cop at 0:18

Looks like he takes the taser at 0:20

Cops shoot back at 0:21

Looks like he gets hit and you can see him tighten up at 0:21

You can see him running with the taser at 0:22

Cops chasing him with their taser at 0:25

More shots out of view at 0:28

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I dunno man, that dude was giving them the business :huhldup:

then once he gets a taser....imagine him smashing your brains in while you're paralyzed, I'd have probably pulled the tooly. im not going night night, fukk that its me or you, and it aint gonna be me.

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
Rallying around a drunk guy who tried to run away and fight two cops and grabbed their tasers isn't the move...
Shooting a man in the back running away from you because of your own ineptitude then not checking on him for 2 minutes so you can pick up your shell casings isn't the move either ...just saying

Shoog Shatmi

All Star
Daps
The man RAN AWAY while being tased, I don’t see where he pointed the taser at the cops but IT DOES NOT MATTER..Tasers are just like MACE, they’re non lethal deterrents. There’s no excuse for using deadly force... let the man run, call for backup, set perimeter and follow protocol.
I've been maced before. It may be non-lethal, but I would blast someone before I let them mace me, and be at their utter mercy.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
DUI's are big money makers for police. And sleeping drunk in your car can get you a DUI if you have your keys on you or if the engine is running or able to be turned on.

Now he likely could have gotten it thrown out or reduced to a fine and community service in court since he wasnt driving at the time. But the initial DUI is the cops discretion. Could they have let him walk home and impounded his car? Sure. Did they have to? Not at all since he failed the breathalyzer it was a wrap.

This video doesn't help at all cause although he was well composed initially the cops were also not aggressive and cordial until he started fighting the arrest. Cops should have fell back but this video wont help the victim.
I feel you, a lot of people get anxious when they're told they're about to be arrested.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
THIS.

how are people not getting why folk are pissed about this when there's soooo many better options and alternatives that could;ve been used and the brother would still be alive.

Dang

Dude was just trying to sleep it off

if they just let him walk home like he offered he would be still with his family

Follow him in your car if you don’t trust it

Take him home yourselves

it shouldn’t have ended this way

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
I've been maced before. It may be non-lethal, but I would blast someone before I let them mace me, and be at their utter mercy.

Yeah, it’s not fun but to be honest it should’ve never gotten to that point.

If he needed to be subdued, they should’ve been able to handle it on the ground or if they were smart, considering what’s going on, they would’ve called in more back up.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Cause most police officers don’t retain their training after a couple years on beat.

A lot of your training comes down to COMMUNICATION and PROPER DEESCALATION TACTICS. Most of these bytches, especially the white ones, come out with the cowboy John Wayne mentality and don’t remember the training. You’re actually trained on how communicate to different groups based upon a variety of factors (whether its day, night, rainy, etc..). It’s not utilized.

I've had a few bad incidents with them. How do they survive so long? On the force, I mean.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Shut the fukk up, cac.

Why not?
People with your type of thinking justified every unarmed innocent Black life murdered by police.

Shooting a man in the back running away from you because of your own ineptitude then not checking on him for 2 minutes so you can pick up your shell casings isn't the move either ...just saying

No one would be making a fuss about this if the people in the situation were all the same color.