Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
All I can say is that the police gonna get clapped and murdered regularly.
I mean....

What if black men start clapping innocent unarmed white people just because....

They pushing that limit.

Think about it, almost every story is some unarmed dude killed by force....

A sobriety test, lead to this guys death.

Police reform = let the dude be a flight risk and catch him another day.

If you know his name, have his car, then he can't really go too far.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Bro I give a damn bout a neg this is real fukkin life not some video game. Grow up & log out once in a while. I guess none of y'all saw the other angle of the video where dude pointed the taser at the cop?

The cops fukked up.

You NEVER try to utilize your sidearms (or tasers) as an officer from a “unstable” position (I.E. rolling on the ground, etc.). Weapon retention is paramount when you’re engaged physically with a subject, they completely went off the rails..THIS IS DAY ONE shyt they teach you in the first week of police academy.

It shouldn’t have taken TWO goddamn officers to subdue a subject without harming them. These fukkers were basically brawling..no technique, no discipline, no weapons retention. From a citizen’s point of view, you’re basically engaging me like an regular nikka that happens to be armed and will be treated as such. I will fight for my life.

The man RAN AWAY while being tased, I don’t see where he pointed the taser at the cops but IT DOES NOT MATTER..Tasers are just like MACE, they’re non lethal deterrents. There’s no excuse for using deadly force... let the man run, call for backup, set perimeter and follow protocol.

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
So you would shoot him in the back?
Dude I don't know what I would do in that situation in the heat of the moment. I ain't a cop and Brooks had the taser pointed at his face. So I don't know what I would have done but how this cop reacted is typical of how probably damn near every cop would react especially a white cop

Daps
I said the same thing in the ATL thread. I feel like her heart is in the right place but NOBODY could have prepared for the shyt storm that George Floyd’s, Ahmaud Arbery’s, and Breona Taylor’s lynchings would wrought on the world.

At the end of the day she’s a politician, and this movement of protests thats going on right now isn’t political. The people have lost FAITH in politicians, the days of trasping a black face out to the mob with some stern words and a prayer to calm everything down are effectively OVER. Keisha can’t say anything that will restore faith in the people. A TI “Wakanda”speech isn’t going to get it done. Apparently even firing the Police Chief and Swiftly condemning the officer’s in question isn’t getting it done. People want change and they want REAL change, not just the promise of it. And they want change NOW.
Yeah, if you are a black man or woman in a putative seat of power - governor, mayor, attorney general, police chief, et. al. - and don't use whatever power you wield to fight the genocide of black America, you are a traitor. It's that simple.

:francis:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a taser. What the fukk are you even arguing? It is not a deadly weapon. WHAT THE fukk AM I READING? He was accosted by armed police officers. Is he not supposed to defend himself? Because, honestly, that is what one is to take from your defense of his murder. He shouldn't have defended himself. So, black people don't have a right to defend themselves from the police. If Police accost you, you must submit or you are rightfully subject to murder. That's what you're saying, just so we are clear. Kill yourself, you remedial fakkit.

:pacspit:

:mjtf:

He was being arrested for a DUI in which he is guilty of. How in any shape or form does that warrant physically attacking a cop and pointing a taser. You do realize that is a crime right? Self defense isnt applicable here. Tasers are also capable of serious harm if misused.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
:mjtf:

He was being arrested for a DUI in which he is guilty of. How in any shape or form does that warrant physically attacking a cop and pointing a taser. You do realize that is a crime right? Self defense isnt applicable here. Tasers are also capable of serious harm if misused.
A toothpick can cause serious harm if misused. Doesn't make it a deadly weapon.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Rallying around a drunk guy who tried to run away and fight two cops and grabbed their tasers isn't the move...

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Why isn't this an option?

Cause most police officers don’t retain their training after a couple years on beat.

A lot of your training comes down to COMMUNICATION and PROPER DEESCALATION TACTICS. Most of these bytches, especially the white ones, come out with the cowboy John Wayne mentality and don’t remember the training. You’re actually trained on how communicate to different groups based upon a variety of factors (whether its day, night, rainy, etc..). It’s not utilized.

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
So, if armed police accost you while you're sleeping, resulting in your responding erratically, that is grounds for you be shot in the back as you run away? I don't give a fukk if he stole one of their tasers and aimed it towards them. You are saying that his murder is understandable. Is that what you're saying? And, look at your rep and then look at mine. Don't question my blackness, cac.

:pacspit:

This happened to me nearly 2 years ago, almost verbatim (they woke me up out of my sleep). Shyt coulda went waaaaaay left... :wow: luckily I got off with some cuts and bruises, because when they were loading me into the cruiser, I caught a glance of one of those fakkit pigs puttin up a big ass rifle. Them hoe ass cops had it trained on me the entire time and I ain't even know it.

fukk 12 to tha twelve trillionth power!